Petition: More Hooks for Guild Flagship!

Johnkorriban

Seeing as they're already shown they're willing to increase the number of hooks in an existing stronghold, I really think the guild ship needs more as well. I mean this thing is MASSIVE compared to even Tatooine, and it's going to have less than a personal stronghold?

Increase the ship to 1000 and it will probably be perfect.

Yep.

More hooks for our guild ships and the other strongholds please!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one of the people in charge of trying to get our guild ship open and decorated, I would also like to add in that they need to up the hook limit, We're at 52% and don't even have the ship half opened yet, and I certainly could push the completion rate up even higher. It's not like there is a bonus attached to it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just having this exact conversation with my guildies this week. The hook limit needs to be increased (doubled imo).

On a not-completely-unrelated note, could we possibly get more places to unlock on our guild ship in the expansion? And maybe instead of an elevator, could we get a tram thingy, like in mando raiders? I mean, the ship is long, not just tall! :D

I have to admit this whole idea of raising hook limits is a bit of a double edged sword. For instance Tat...has too many hooks now. 900 is excessive. Totally excessive. 800-825 would have probably been the magic number in my mind. Probably more like 800. Nar Shadaa I thought had the complete right amount of hooks. Yavin to me has far far too many. Guild ship I'm not sure of to be fair, but at the same time I would assume that a tiny increase is probably ok, but a major hook increase ends up being just as limiting as the lower hook count.

I think we should petition nor really for more hooks, but hooks in more realistic places, and not just all over the place like I find myself thinking Yavin is like.

Edited by Shwarzchild

Absolutely signed. That Flagship hook cap is horribly limiting, given the scale of the ship you're working in. It's very easy to become totally disinterested in the grind for unlocking more of the ship when you know that all you'll be unlocking is rooms that will remain empty for want of available hooks.

I have to admit this whole idea of raising hook limits is a bit of a double edged sword. For instance Tat...has too many hooks now. 900 is excessive. Totally excessive. 800-825 would have probably been the magic number in my mind. Probably more like 800. Nar Shadaa I thought had the complete right amount of hooks. Yavin to me has far far too many. Guild ship I'm not sure of to be fair, but at the same time I would assume that a tiny increase is probably ok, but a major hook increase ends up being just as limiting as the lower hook count.

I think we should petition nor really for more hooks, but hooks in more realistic places, and not just all over the place like I find myself thinking Yavin is like.

Well too be fair the reason why Yavin seems like it has "too many" hooks is because it does not have enough usable hooks in places where it should have them (the entrance and the cave, for example, and it needs more hooks at the exit to the cave as well). Because you can only sparsely decorate areas that have few or no hooks, you have to make up the deficit elsewhere, which makes it seem like the stronghold as a whole has "too many" hooks.

Why is a big increase in hook allowances limiting? It's not like flagships contribute points toward conquest as strongholds do!

But in any case, it's a moot point - we'll see snow on Tatooine before Bioware pays a blind bit of attention to such unimportant people as the customers. They'll do what they want to do, when and how they want to do it, and all that us peons can do is take their s**t and pay them for the privilege....or just decide that SWTOR's not for us.

It'd be the first thing STAR WARS-related that I'd walked away from in 20 years, but...you can only take so much crud before getting fed up.

Edited by Highborne

• 2 weeks later...

/signed

Totally agree that 700 is way to little! Considering the cost of the flagships, the cost to open the rooms, 700 leaves alot of empty space and makes it hard to actually make the ship feel like an actual ship.

My guild isnt a RP guild but we like to decorate the flagship cause we are proud of the achievements and stuff we have earned.

Bioware needs to start listening to the customers cause no customers = no money = no jobs!!!

Maybe an update on this bioware, I know it was once said you would look into it but we never really heard anything back.

As it stands now 2 / 5 personal strongholds have a higher hook count then the flagship............

For myself I would love it if you doubled it to 1400. On average I need about 50 decorations for a small room, if I want to make it look nice.

At present I have to leave 5 rooms open because I keep hitting the hook limit.

700 Hooks for Guild FLAGSHIPS is way way to Little. We have to pay *********** 50 Millions only for the bridge and officer quarters only to see, that the bridge itself needa way more hooks than the inicial number we get. That means it Looks totally inimmersive without enough chairs, small Details and no staff at all.

And some Rooms only give you about 25 hooks. I mean really? If you really try to decorate these for RP you need 40 up to 50 per room (Besides some exceptions like corridors). If you only get 25 per its just a joke. The command deck gives you NOTHING compared to the size of the rooms you unlock.

And in Addition to that it's an Insult to every player, who likes to use the flagship when you see, that two player strongholds have like the double of the ammount a flagship has.

Also it's a joke that flagships only have one centerpiece available while Yavin and Tattooine have tons of them.

/signed for more Hooks (Allthough they seem to not give a **** about our opinion :mad:)

• 4 weeks later...