So where is the supposed patch and what took 4 hrs!!!

Gifts

I'm still struggling to see what actually is absolutely needed in a weekly server maintenance.

Given that Bioware stopped it with Warhammer Online and left the servers up for weeks and even months at a time, only bringing them down for actual patches, with no noticeable difference to the server performance. :confused:

Well, if they were using the same severs and the same game system, database, etc than it would be understandable to ask why they needed to change an existing efficient system.

These are not the same servers, the software is not the same and they've only had a handful of months to work with what they have under a full load. I'm sure they would love to reach a point where they didn't need 3-4 hours for routine maintenance too.

You know if they wrote somewhere there wasnt a patch hey sorry for not getting that memo. I guess me asking for a little more communication from a company im paying to get a service from is to much ask. But instead Ive received a bunch of troll remarks. One of them being an insult. Is flipping burgers in general an insult no the way it was phrased yes. Trying to play it off as not being one now is just another insult. But again people want to notify me that i lack the ability to read but either forget or have yet to use that ability of reading to know that trolling someone is also an infraction of the rules. So now unless u dont know what takes 4 hrs to do maintenance please with hold your trolling comments to yourself.

Bioware isn't responsible for its blind customers. It was in HUGE BOLD LETTERS as a notice on your launcher before you hit the play button. Not their fault you decided not to read it.

Well, if they were using the same severs and the same game system, database, etc than it would be understandable to ask why they needed to change an existing efficient system.

These are not the same servers, the software is not the same and they've only had a handful of months to work with what they have under a full load. I'm sure they would love to reach a point where they didn't need 3-4 hours for routine maintenance too.

Well it wasn't exactly that they decided that they didn't need it because it was so efficent, it just got to the point where they had no one working on WAR (they started to forget to turn events and such off because it was the forum guys job to remember :eek:) and didn't bother any more.

It was just that after they did this nothing actually changed server-wise.

Bioware isn't responsible for its blind customers. It was in HUGE BOLD LETTERS as a notice on your launcher before you hit the play button. Not their fault you decided not to read it.

Sush...

Don't post or else he'll report you to EA/BW and try to make them perma ban you.

Fact: He's just trolling to annoy the population posting on those forums

well ull have to excuse me Im used to a maintaince taking 15 min to reboot a server didnt realize bio ware needed 4 hrs to do so.

You are excused, for having no real understanding of trying to do maintenance on over 100 servers. WoW servers are down today for 6 hrs and there is no patch. :cool:

well ull have to excuse me Im used to a maintaince taking 15 min to reboot a server didnt realize bio ware needed 4 hrs to do so.

Sure, they have to reboot and check all their systems on probably 20 or 30 huge servers and they could do it in 15 minutes... SURE... (Sarcasm)

I can't believe how some people make random assumptions on what maintenance involves, yet prove to be completely computer iliterate with those same assumptions.

Especially on a new program, and we can still consider TOR to be very new, weekly maintenance is a must. Even with the best sociologists, you couldn't give a good prediction how to balance server resources, which assets to front-load on your server, or which ones are hardly used and would get placed at the back of the chain. How many items do people hoard? How many cargobays do they unlock, what do they store inside them and how do they arrange them?

Where do you find most people? On some specific planets, on the fleet, in flashpoints or Ops, or maybe Warzones?

Those are things that affect how the game runs overall, and where the techs can shave several miliseconds of from servercalls by balancing where the servers' resource priorities lay. You personally might hardly notice the difference while playing, but at some point, it will become noticable, especially when there's many people online. A well balanced server will allow just those couple more players online without anyone noticing any lag.

Another thing you're forgetting about, is that while you may not get a client patch, the server can still be patched independently. It's OS can get an upgrade, but the game software can be patched serverside as well. What those serverside patches could involve? Don't ask me, I'm not doing maintenance for Bioware, but that client you have installed at home has less than half the software involved with an online game like this.

I can't believe how some people make random assumptions on what maintenance involves, yet prove to be completely computer iliterate with those same assumptions.

Especially on a new program, and we can still consider TOR to be very new, weekly maintenance is a must. Even with the best sociologists, you couldn't give a good prediction how to balance server resources, which assets to front-load on your server, or which ones are hardly used and would get placed at the back of the chain. How many items do people hoard? How many cargobays do they unlock, what do they store inside them and how do they arrange them?

Where do you find most people? On some specific planets, on the fleet, in flashpoints or Ops, or maybe Warzones?

Those are things that affect how the game runs overall, and where the techs can shave several miliseconds of from servercalls by balancing where the servers' resource priorities lay. You personally might hardly notice the difference while playing, but at some point, it will become noticable, especially when there's many people online. A well balanced server will allow just those couple more players online without anyone noticing any lag.

Another thing you're forgetting about, is that while you may not get a client patch, the server can still be patched independently. It's OS can get an upgrade, but the game software can be patched serverside as well. What those serverside patches could involve? Don't ask me, I'm not doing maintenance for Bioware, but that client you have installed at home has less than half the software involved with an online game like this.

I haven't seen "many people online" for quite a while. The server I am on is DOA.

I guess you're used to people catering to you because you can't read simple notes regarding maintenance.

How's that "world owes me a living" attitude going for you?

I don't get it.

Gripers: STOP ADDING NEW CONTENT. FIX TEH BUGZ

Bioware: OKAY! *maintenance*

Gripers: MAINTENANCE TOO LONG

Bioware: i don't get it, do you want us to fix the bugs or n--

Gripers: MAINTENANCE TOO LONG >:o

Bioware: okay D:

Gripers: WHARE PATCH

Bioware: um... here? *patches*

etc.

I don't get it.

etc.

lol...sad but very true. Made me chuckle.

I don't get it.

etc.