Whats up with the credit limit for f2p?

Piratekinq

So get this: Hk-51 costs 1 million credits per character after you first unlock him but if you are free to play you have a limit on how many credits you can hold so you can never actually have enough to pay for Hk-51.

***?

Bioware you crazy?

Pay money in the cash shop.

HK-51 isnt pay to win. You dont need him. If yuou want him, pay for him.

Oh yeah and if you unlock him on your lvl 50 character, you can't actually use him because by then you've already beaten the game(You can't use him in warzones). Which means if you want to use him it has to be on a <50 lvl character meaning if you unlock you'll only actually use him if you pay with CC later. Seriously Bioware?

Oh yeah and if you unlock him on your lvl 50 character, you can't actually use him because by then you've already beaten the game(You can't use him in warzones). Which means if you want to use him it has to be on a <50 lvl character meaning if you unlock you'll only actually use him if you pay with CC later. Seriously Bioware?

Really? You don't "beat the game" in an MMO. There's also Ilum quests that continue the story. There's Black Hole and now Belsavis X.

So please don't act like you're "in the know" when it comes to this game. You show that you're actually losing this one purely from ignorance.

umm...I have 4 lvl 50's atm, and my Companions are critical parts of my gameplay. from Crafting missions to solo work. Dailies (which i run at least every other day, if not every day on one or more toons) would be tiresome and irritating at best without my companions, and my well geared comps allow me to challenge heroics at 50 that I couldn't solo without one. So they are very much used once you hit 50.

And in all honesty, im not a huge fan of HK. got him, unlocked him....and he's a very narrowly focused Comp. Exclusively single target DPS. So unless your a tank, you will probably end up "tanking" all the mobs in the pull BUT the one he's on. which can be surefire death for a DPS or healing player (or at the least a severe irritant).

So in spite of all the hype, he's not the end all be all of companions. I use him a bit on one of my toons...and not even as my main Comp. I pull him out when im in tank spec on my jugg, thats about it.

Edited by Elyxin

The limit was a measure to lock gold farmers from abusing F2P accounts. They are considering increasing the limit but they say it will depend on how the gold farmer issue develops.

You can check the interview on dulfy.

^This.

If you don't want the limit, pay the Sub.

Did you think you (The OP) think you were going to get everything for free?

You also can not use any companion in war zones. Not sure why that comment was made to begin with. As a free to play level 50, there is still plenty for you to do. So no, you have not "beaten the game". You are far from it. As pointed out, there is plenty of dailies to run on different planets. It comes out to be about 6 hours worth if you run them all each day. Belsalvis alone has two different sets of them.

^This.

If you don't want the limit, pay the Sub.

Did you think you (The OP) think you were going to get everything for free?

Many thought exactly that. They thought they were getting every single thing the paying customers are getting.

The reason for the credits limit is so that the F2P crowd purchases Cartel Coins from Bioware for their unlocks. And not credits from a gold farmer. The purpose of any business, even a video game business, is to make a profit. Without a profit, the business shuts down and you have no more video game to play. So Bioware needs to make sure that they're the ones getting the money for the game, not some third party.

So get this: Hk-51 costs 1 million credits per character after you first unlock him but if you are free to play you have a limit on how many credits you can hold so you can never actually have enough to pay for Hk-51.

***?

Bioware you crazy?

It just means that f2p accounts must do the quest to get him, or just buy coins to unlock him for a lower level character. Not that it matters anyway since they only have 2 character slots.

***?

Bioware you crazy?

Free to plays shouldn't be able to get him imho. If you want the latest and greatest stuff, subscribe.

However, its pretty funny seeing the uneducated posting stuff on the GTN for stuff catering to the F2P crowd, like Epic gear unlocks for 10,000,000 credits when the credit limit of F2P is either 350k for preferred or 100k for the basic.

What I meant by beating the game is finishing the story. Kind of like when you say I beat Halo 4. You aren't saying that you are number one in the world in halo multiplayer.

The story line, too me, is separate from the PVP part of the game. Also I don't run dailies and I've only done a few of the flashpoints. I play my toons for the story, I don't care at all about pvp which is why for me f2p is no different than being a subscriber.

When I go f2p I won't be losing anything since I don't run operations or warzones. I might run flashpoints but once I've played them a couple times I'm usually satisfied for good.

I just don't like that there is a credit limit and that is my one complaint about f2p.

Free to plays shouldn't be able to get him imho. If you want the latest and greatest stuff, subscribe.

However, its pretty funny seeing the uneducated posting stuff on the GTN for stuff catering to the F2P crowd, like Epic gear unlocks for 10,000,000 credits when the credit limit of F2P is either 350k for preferred or 100k for the basic.

I suspect that those items are aimed at subscribers that are wanting to downgrade to a preferred status that are wanting to use up their credits on CC unlocks so that they can get a better experience after they drop their sub.

• 2 months later...

***?

Bioware you crazy?

Yes, They are

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I have paid for the subscriber and even gave a lot to this game.

But when I see what they do with the Prefered or even the Free to play situation,

I think they have taken every bad ideas I have seen in Free to play games I have tried

since some years, and combined their every worst choice possible together.

The money limit.

The Number of resurection on the battlefield.

The limit of money

The ability to hide the hideous helmets

And those are only a few of the options.

I don't ask them to make everything free for players, but darn they already made huge mistakes

with the community and their player base since Day 1. And with their change to F2P system

they kept doing wrong choice.

As an example, in Star Trek, even if they did some huge mistakes in their management,

they did not "punish" their player for getting from Subscribing to "free to play", giving them

much better options than what we have as Prefered status here in SWTOR.

Another example, I picked my characters to keep playing them, choosing my lvl 50 toon

as the first to keep active. And when my account get in Prefered mode, I find 2 of my toons

I had left to be inactive set as active, and my 2 most equiped and having the highest

amount of money being set as inactive. Is that how a player who paid them a subscription

since the very start should be "rewarded", by having their system bugging like hell and preventing

the player to just play, and forcing him back into subscribing mode to get another

chance to have his "characters" selection being fumbled by Bioware again ?

All in all, I like star wars as I'm a fan of the serie since long, I'm a Star Wars Game master

on the table top game, but right now, I'm a very pissed off customer who start

to wonder if Bioware is going to make 1 good decision for their Player base in the coming

weeks or months. Or if they will keep making very poor decision and very offensive

choice against their Player Base.

My 2 cents.

Edited by StavinskyElyas
typo

I turned 50 early on Voss. Had I the desire to grind the quests or blow the milly, I could use him on any of the missions from that point on, plus the dailies and so on.

Also, he's a beloved lore object so people will want him just for that.

Not everything in the game must have utility to everyone.

All in all, I like star wars as I'm a fan of the serie since long, I'm a Star Wars Game master

on the table top game, but right now, I'm a very pissed off customer who start

to wonder if Bioware is going to make 1 good decision for their Player base in the coming

weeks or months. Or if they will keep making very poor decision and very offensive

choice against their Player Base.

From your comment above, you sound like a serious Star Wars fan who is NOT a serious MMO player.

Any serious and committed player of this MMO is a subscriber. And, since you are posting here, you have active subscription time on your account.

The reason they put in freemium is to expand the games access to a broader audience (people who want to play the game but not subscribe in order to do so). SO.... they have given the player base a dual access financial model to access and play the game. This has indeed broadened the player base and it results in strong server populations consisting of both player segments (subs and freeples).

What they DID NOT do is to make it so that you get all the perks and features that a subscriber does as a preferred/free player. And that is as it should be.

Edited by Andryah

I would like to know what F2P games you have been playing? I have yet to play a game that has gone F2P that has NOT limit the amount of cash a F2P player can have. Most do put in a way to unlock unlimited cash through game play, tokens or what ever. But they still limit the amount of cash you can have until you PAY for unlimited.

If you dont want to pay for the game, dont, but stop expecting BW to just let you have the same access to the game.

F2P games are still always designed to earn money, one way or another:

-encourage players to sub afterall

-microtransactions

-ingame advertisements

-External currency advertisement schemes

Now, a huge Coca Cola sign wouldn't exactly fit in this game. No, not on Corellia either.

And while EA is experimenting with the external advertisements, the results are very mixed, and some advertisers have a tendency to not pay.

So the game has to make money through either of the first two.

From your comment above, you sound like a serious Star Wars fan who is NOT a serious MMO player.

Any serious and committed player of this MMO is a subscriber. And, since you are posting here, you have active subscription time on your account.

The reason they put in freemium is to expand the games access to a broader audience (people who want to play the game but not subscribe in order to do so). SO.... they have given the player base a dual access financial model to access and play the game. This has indeed broadened the player base and it results in strong server populations consisting of both player segments (subs and freeples).

What they DID NOT do is to make it so that you get all the perks and features that a subscriber does as a preferred/free player. And that is as it should be.

Heh. That is SO not the reason.