Romancing Mako

DivisionZero

Just got my first email from my wife. How adorable. I had her up to 10k long before doing the last part of her companion mission, and and I got several "missions" after that, one of which was to propose. A cut scene would have been nice, but hopefully that'll come in a patch.

Also, these last conversations took place in a stange order. I got the mission "A-OK" after proposing, which seemed, well, odd. Either it's a bug, or the programmers at Bioware do not understand this concept we humans call love. Equally likely.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm 8k is where the Mako story 'unlocks'

I haven't gotten very far, don't really care to, but wanted to see when she finally let up *shrug* So, 8k is the number

Its not a set number of affection that unlocks anything. Its where you are in the companion story line. I've been at 10k since around level 27-28 but because I haven't got to that part of the storyline there has been no romance options yet.

SPOiLER

I finished my class quest before maxing out Mako's affection. I then maxed it out and anxiously waited to see what unfolded. I really didn't want to "marry" Mako, but did, figuring it would open up more storyline, seeing as there were only about 5 quests, totaling 20 minutes of play time (if even that much) up to the point of getting married.

Once agreeing to get married, all I got was one single cut scene in which we kiss, and a few notes in the mail box.

End Spoiler

Companions are pretty lame in this game and do not really offer anything in depth.

Companions are pretty lame in this game and do not really offer anything in depth.

This is pretty much how companion/crew quests have worked in KoToR and ME(guessing others as well) Basically you get some dialogs, get a quest or two and that's about it. It would be nice if they added some shoot the sh*t dialogs that are randomly selected when you try to talk to them after completing their quest line and that are based on how you interacted with them. That said, from what I've seen of the companion quests in TOR so far, they are pretty lack luster. I would really like to see more in-depth companion quests like ME2 had, the Kasumi one seemed particularly cool to me. Technically this seems possible with what they already have in the engine, so fingers crossed.

This is pretty much how companion/crew quests have worked in KoToR and ME(guessing others as well) Basically you get some dialogs, get a quest or two and that's about it. It would be nice if they added some shoot the sh*t dialogs that are randomly selected when you try to talk to them after completing their quest line and that are based on how you interacted with them. That said, from what I've seen of the companion quests in TOR so far, they are pretty lack luster. I would really like to see more in-depth companion quests like ME2 had, the Kasumi one seemed particularly cool to me. Technically this seems possible with what they already have in the engine, so fingers crossed.

KOTOR companion quests were MUCH more in depth.

SPOiLER

I finished my class quest before maxing out Mako's affection. I then maxed it out and anxiously waited to see what unfolded. I really didn't want to "marry" Mako, but did, figuring it would open up more storyline, seeing as there were only about 5 quests, totaling 20 minutes of play time (if even that much) up to the point of getting married.

Once agreeing to get married, all I got was one single cut scene in which we kiss, and a few notes in the mail box.

End Spoiler

which class quest? i already did the great hunt thing, i'm nearing lvl 40 i kno there's more to my char line, but i don't want this to take as long as end game.

I've heard as female, you get the option to romance Torian, but I'm not 100% sure.

You DO have to get pretty far in Mako's story before any sort of romance stuff happens (as in, the lvl 48 combat quest for her) and then it happens fairly quickly.

Actually, once you get married, she starts sending you funny in-game mail with certain npc-gifts items. (Which I kind of feel bad for regifting to Blizz)

Yes, a female BH can romance Torian. It's ridiculously easy to... him being a guy.

• 1 month later...
I've got her at about 5500 and just finished act 1, which gave me about 7 conversations with her in a row (all between 8,000-10,000 exp too :D ). During one of those conversations, she said it's not a good idea to mix relationships in with work partnerships, so I've still got a ways to go to convince her. Her conversations led me to the 2nd quest she's given me.

I just had this same conversation. I was wondering if by her saying this I won’t be able to romance her any further. Anyone else has this convo and still been able to romance her? Or am I just worrying for nothing?! The quest was called "All work and no play"

Edited by FaceShindu

KOTOR companion quests were MUCH more in depth.

Big deal. The advantage of a mmo is that its an ongoing project. In time swtor characters will be significantly fleshed out

P.S. HK-47 doesnt agree with you

Edited by Jaigen

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Just to clarify a few things.

You can't really begin her romance / background until you've cleared Act 1. You can raise her affection to cap but it'll do nothing before that point.

You can marry her before boarding the Tyrant as long as you max her affection and complete her companion quests.

Once you've married her, I think there's one more conversation and then that's it, no more until Bioware add it in.

She starts sending you little sweet mails with attached gifts afterwards. They can be useful for leveling affection with your other companions.

Easiest way to level affection with her ISN'T gifts.

Do repeat runs of Black Talon, choose all the right options and you're looking at around 440-450 affection per run. This can be easily (and quickly) done as early as 25, having a speeder, avoiding every mob you can and near abusive use of space bar to skip scenes can have you doing a run in as little as 10-11 minutes. If you really want to save time, mix gifts in with each run and wham, she'll be capped in no time.

The Black Talon runs don't seem to work for any other BH companion but it seems to work for the first companion of every class.

Honestly, I farmed her affection to improve my mission and crafting times and instead got rewarded with, quite possibly, one of the best Bioware characters I've seen yet. I'd recommend romancing Mako to anyone playing a Bounty Hunter. Not for the romance but simply to get a glimpse at one of the most endearing characters I've seen in a video game recently.

I love Mako's voice and her dialogues. Her voice is sweet and sexy without being overacted. I agree, she's one of the best characters I've found in a video game. I developed some sort of affection to her.

She's played by a versatile and experienced voice acress, LACEY CHABART: http://goo.gl/oxoOUn (She played teenager Penny in Lost in Space film). I love Lacey's work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I hope they add a new female companion, I'd feel bad romancing Mako after seeing how much Torian likes her (and helping him get on her good side) also I see myself sort of as the father of the whole group. I love the whole family aspect of it, makes me feel like Kal Skirata.

I hope they add a new female companion, I'd feel bad romancing Mako after seeing how much Torian likes her (and helping him get on her good side) also I see myself sort of as the father of the whole group. I love the whole family aspect of it, makes me feel like Kal Skirata.
From what i read actually Torian dumps her in the end cuz she`s too soft for him.

I myself love Mako and used her for all class quest conversations to get all the dialog from her. Loved the story and married her in the end. Even finding out the truth about her at the end was fine with me I still love her the same(from a story point of view:rolleyes:) I just want to protect her and she`s been by my side since the very beginning before I won anything or built up my reputation

• 1 year later...
I've heard as female, you get the option to romance Torian, but I'm not 100% sure.

You DO have to get pretty far in Mako's story before any sort of romance stuff happens (as in, the lvl 48 combat quest for her) and then it happens fairly quickly.

Actually, once you get married, she starts sending you funny in-game mail with certain npc-gifts items. (Which I kind of feel bad for regifting to Blizz)

^^^^^^^^^^^ i felt so bad because she's so sweet, i started keeping her little gifts in my cargo hold. Sorta concerned that she won't send me another e.mail until i give them to blizz Y_Y i will be sad when i don't get them any more.

would also like to quote the person that said their romance is endearing: definitely agree that mako is adorable and if you treat her well (i half resent her for all the f****** lightside points i took to make her like me) you get rewarded with a sweet gal. I spammmmmmed her affection but had to wait until the end of the game to romance her, pretty sure you can't start 'making it official' until your class missions are wrapping up. Her e.mails >>>>>>