How can i stop xp/level?

mikkelos

Halting XP makes perfect sense to me.

PVP pre 50 is fun. The other guy may have more abilities on his bar than me, but Its roughly equal.

PVP @ 50 is junk. The starter PVP gear does nothing to help against people in full war hero.

They need to remove gear completely from PVP and then PVP at 50 will be fun.

The reason that they even have expertise is so that PVE gear is not also BiS for PVP, but if they instead had just said all jedi count as having these stats (and yes, that means removign the advantage from datacrons and stims too) then suddenly PVp is about skill, and not gear.

most ppl here know ur feeling,

pre 50 is good, but in the endgame, swtor is shxt,

that's why 1.7mil subs quit this game,

u can only reroll, if u want to pre 50 pvp.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if all you cared about was doing lowbie pvp with your friends you'd spend ... I don't know... 2 hours?? leveling a new character and start playing lowbie warzones with your friends right away. and when your friends hit 50 you just use your original character again.

I have to wonder, was pre-50 PvP also fun when you were level 30? Or is it just at 49? AFAIK a level 30 would have a hard time even hitting the level 49s, let alone winning a fight.

Funnily enough it was. There is a certain magic about learning a new class, figuring how to play it, getting new abilities... and by the time you are in the 30's you are rocking. But back when my marauder was around 20 i was 1v1ing high level 40's. I have a friend who did 300k damage at level 11.... so for some classes you can still destroy at low levels if you are good. I guess in 50s you have gear difference and in pre-50s you have level skills and abilities difference.

Well, I have 4 AC's I havent done so lots of lowbie PVP still ahead of me.

I would welcome a WZ xp gain lock. Or Heroics, or FPs. I would welcome any chance to influence my gain of XP. And no, it's not so I can stay at 49 and do WZs.

It's because I am 7 levels above my planet XP requirements. At level 40. Everything around me is gray and so easy it's becoming boring. I started avoiding +4 Heroics and running past NPC so I could finish this planet sooner, with less XP difference on the next planet. How can they possibly think that is good. A game that does not allow you to influence your XP gain directly, but requires that you skip it's content if you want to play it to it's fullest?

Even some junior dev could code those exceptions into the game in less than one day. But I guess making new shinning thingies for Cartel market is what all devs are into nowdays.

I would welcome a WZ xp gain lock. Or Heroics, or FPs. I would welcome any chance to influence my gain of XP. And no, it's not so I can stay at 49 and do WZs.

Jesus, man, I understand that you might want to slow down your progress with xp but think about all those exploiters who would, as many pointed out before, stay forever 49 to roflstomp newbies in PvP. Truth is - for Warzones you can start a new character and use it just for the sake of PvP with friends.

If there would be a way to stop XP in warzones, then we'd see dozens of twinking PvP guilds, gearing lvl 49 shadows/assassins, smashers and operatives with cartel stuff for maximum effect and tear through low levels like hot knife through butter. And I promise you - neither you nor your friends would enjoy being torn apart by whole groups of 49 twinks packed with expertise cartel crystals.

Unless you'd be able to lock your level at, let's say, 36. That's when most classes get a nice skill like Juggernaut's saber throw.

So, yeah, think about the consequences before you say something. I am not being mean or rude, just wanted to point out grave flaws of your plan. :)

I have to wonder, was pre-50 PvP also fun when you were level 30? Or is it just at 49? AFAIK a level 30 would have a hard time even hitting the level 49s, let alone winning a fight.

I have a character at Level 26 who regularly does very well in PvP, including taking down Level 40+ characters. All characters in PvP are boosted to Level 49 stats, with only gear to make any difference (and even then, it seems some gear scaling is done). Even as a Level 16 Smuggler I was having no trouble killing Level 40 characters. They got me more often than I got them, but it's not like they were untouchable. They just had more abilities than I did.

The problem with Level 49s is that they have their full bag-o-tricks and all the best gear. So, while the advantage is small, they still have a real advantage. Once you move to Level-50 PvP, the playing field is much more level.

Now, that said, the new Level-50 PvP is far better than the older version. Expertise is being leveled out and that equalizes the playing field, meaning that you're not immediately trashed by War Hero players. You still need to gear, and if you show up in PvE gear, you're at a noticeable disadvantage, but its not nearly as steep as it used to be.

And then the people in full campaign gear will own the fresh level 50's in pvp.

In other words, nothing will change. New players will still get rolled.

I always wondered what would happen if they turned all gear off in PvP. Gave everyone equalized stats. Not sure it would work for a MMORPG, but it's a better solution IMO that PvP stats.

Yeah, i want get some valor, why not. If im on warzone, if i help my team to win, why i shouldnt get any reward for that? I just asked if there is same way to locked my lvl like in WoW, u let me know that there is not, and it is should be all. U dont have to belive me that i just want to play friends, and for sure u shouldnt jumped over me like i did something wrong. Jesus. Take it easy.

and btw, i wasnt talking about perma lock, just for few day.

Your valor is capped at your level until 50 anyways so it wouldn't matter if you locked your level or not. And valor is meaningless anyways so why would you care about that?

Your valor is capped at your level until 50 anyways so it wouldn't matter if you locked your level or not. And valor is meaningless anyways so why would you care about that?

I've actually become rather fond of the idea of awarding negative valor for players who leave a match early. If you leave before the end of a match, then your valor should drop by the current amount of valor that you earned that match plus 30. If you drop at the start, no real harm done. If you have the occasional disconnect, then it's gonna be made up quickly anyways. If you stick around at L49 to feel superior, then you get zero rewards and your 400 (or whatever) valor that you would have earned becomes 400 less valor than you now have.

Would it stop people? No. But it would punish them, and if you started making the sub-50 PvP gear have a valor requirement, then you'd slowly weed out the majority of them.

They can always either place players wuth XP-block into a different bracket (like in Warcraft) or if that's not technically possible can disable PvP queueing for such players. While this sounds a little extreme, the solution is still better than having no such feature.

But who am I kidding. Developers will never even know there are some players willing to block XP, not to mention suggestions about how to implement such an option. So we're just wasting our time.

There is no such feature and no plants to implement it in the foreseeable future.

They dont need to segregate players, everything is fine, the 49s make 50 as it should be.

I've actually become rather fond of the idea of awarding negative valor for players who leave a match early. If you leave before the end of a match, then your valor should drop by the current amount of valor that you earned that match plus 30. If you drop at the start, no real harm done. If you have the occasional disconnect, then it's gonna be made up quickly anyways. If you stick around at L49 to feel superior, then you get zero rewards and your 400 (or whatever) valor that you would have earned becomes 400 less valor than you now have.

Would it stop people? No. But it would punish them, and if you started making the sub-50 PvP gear have a valor requirement, then you'd slowly weed out the majority of them.

ok? still doesn't change the fact that valor is worthless lol. you don't need it for gear anymore (except for the crafted WH gear) so its really a worthless grind just like legacy lol.

It's because I am 7 levels above my planet XP requirements. At level 40. Everything around me is gray and so easy it's becoming boring. I started avoiding +4 Heroics and running past NPC so I could finish this planet sooner, with less XP difference on the next planet. How can they possibly think that is good. A game that does not allow you to influence your XP gain directly, but requires that you skip it's content if you want to play it to it's fullest?

Even some junior dev could code those exceptions into the game in less than one day. But I guess making new shinning thingies for Cartel market is what all devs are into nowdays.

wow!!! you're 7 levels above your current planet, eh? And you're bored with yourself? Sounds to me like it's the exact opposite. The only way you get that high above your current planet was to stay at your previous planet or of course, level up pvping and then you decided to go to your current one just so you could wafflestomp everything. LOL. Why don't you do the complete opposite like me and a couple good friends of mine and complete the class quests only and maybe a few side missions and then go to the planet 6 or 7 even 9 levels below the expected level. There's a challenge for you, unless of course, you're scared to do it. all of my characters have advanced to their next planets at least 3 levels required only to face "adulthood" by getting kicked a few times in the teeth. But for me, I get more pure enjoyment stomping the NPCs right the hell back when they use to kick my butt. I don't get bored at all. Sounds like you need to go play "Eve Online". LMAO. Eve Online will give any "superhero" like yourself a true wake up call.

Edited by IslanderRebel

Is there any way to stop getting xp or level? I have 49 lvl and don't want 50 so far. Is there some kind of item to do that?

Thanks

Did he really just ask that? Lol. There are some great guides you can google that will help you *cough, Learn2play.

Edited by RaulTheConquerer

Jesus, man, I understand that you might want to slow down your progress with xp but think about all those exploiters who would, as many pointed out before, stay forever 49 to roflstomp newbies in PvP. Truth is - for Warzones you can start a new character and use it just for the sake of PvP with friends.

If there would be a way to stop XP in warzones, then we'd see dozens of twinking PvP guilds, gearing lvl 49 shadows/assassins, smashers and operatives with cartel stuff for maximum effect and tear through low levels like hot knife through butter. And I promise you - neither you nor your friends would enjoy being torn apart by whole groups of 49 twinks packed with expertise cartel crystals.

Unless you'd be able to lock your level at, let's say, 36. That's when most classes get a nice skill like Juggernaut's saber throw.

So, yeah, think about the consequences before you say something. I am not being mean or rude, just wanted to point out grave flaws of your plan. :)

I understand the problem with lvl 49 WZs and twinked groups. I've seen it in Rift and I don't like it. But does that mean there is no solution? Of course not. There are numerous ways this could be prevented besides this system. Allow just a certain number of WZ's to be done on a certain lvl, don't allow levels 40+ to lock WZ XP, .....

Numerous ways!

Options, options, options. That is the way to bring any game closer to the large group of players. Less options you have less people will be satisfied. And this is, imo, one of the not so hard ones to do.

Edit: Oh, and I don't think WZ XP lock is the only way. FPs, heroics, story quests, planet quests, dailies,... whatever. I would just like to have an option to lower my XP gain in whichever way possible so I could enjoy playing the game with the tempo I like.

Edited by symke

wow!!! you're 7 levels above your current planet, eh? And you're bored with yourself? Sounds to me like it's the exact opposite. The only way you get that high above your current planet was to stay at your previous planet or of course, level up pvping and then you decided to go to your current one just so you could wafflestomp everything. LOL. Why don't you do the complete opposite like me and a couple good friends of mine and complete the class quests only and maybe a few side missions and then go to the planet 6 or 7 even 9 levels below the expected level. There's a challenge for you, unless of course, you're scared to do it. all of my characters have advanced to their next planets at least 3 levels required only to face "adulthood" by getting kicked a few times in the teeth. But for me, I get more pure enjoyment stomping the NPCs right the hell back when they use to kick my butt. I don't get bored at all. Sounds like you need to go play "Eve Online". LMAO. Eve Online will give any "superhero" like yourself a true wake up call.

Let me guess ... you are one of those players that brags about how fast she/he was able to get to level 50, right?

A suggestion ... take your head out of your friends's *** and look around. You will suddenly notice that this game offers numerous ways for playing. Story quests, planet quests, dailies, weeklies, heroics, FPs, WZs. Do all of that without heavy "world cleaning" and you will get overleveled very fast. I finish Coruscant at lvl 17 or 18. Every single char! On my first planet. With just a few WZs done and most of the +4 Heroics ignored. So no, I don't think of myself as a hero, I just think that XP lock could help me experience whole (this is the word you should focus on) game experience to its fullest.

I don't do WZs for XP. I do them for valor. And I have to control myself about the number of them I do exactly because I get to much XP out of them. And even with that I am where I am. Overleveled.

You are a player that doesn't mind skipping most of the PVE content by the sound of it. I am not. I hope you can understand that not all of us are like you and your friends. Can you?

Maybe it has something to do with RP. I don't consider myself to be heavy RP-er , but ignoring the story and progress like you are doing, is not my style. I like to taste every little thing this game offers with certain modicum of RP-ing. I even refuse to do FPs if they are referencing the part of the story I haven't experienced yet.

As already been said you can start a new chr.My friend came to SWTOR and because of the consolidation I had 15 chrs.So I deleted two 50s and two middle level chrs.So I was able to make a new chr.They can also make another and problem solved.