Make Gray Helix Components Legacy Bound!

OKandrew

Virtually ever single item you can buy with the are Legacy items. Why aren't the components Legacy bound as well?

THe cool new speeder isnt legacy bound at the moment, and cost 48 helix, so pretty much only my dps alt has a chance at getting it even remotely soon (she has the most helix tokens)

THe cool new speeder isnt legacy bound at the moment, and cost 48 helix, so pretty much only my dps alt has a chance at getting it even remotely soon (she has the most helix tokens)

I understand that, but I think that speeder is really unrealistically costed considering the parts aren't Legacy Bound ATM. 30 at most would be fine IMO.

This actually kinda adds to my argument TBH.

I understand that, but I think that speeder is really unrealistically costed considering the parts aren't Legacy Bound ATM. 30 at most would be fine IMO.

This actually kinda adds to my argument TBH.

I meant for it to. it sucks that they arent legacy bound. it's such a rough grind to even get one weapon in the first place much less having to get all those helix tokens on the proper character. I did the event with 3 characters, one has 18 the other two only got 5 each. I got bored, it was a chore not fun it took forever id much rather one character have 28 tokens instead of spread them out this way

Edited by supafreak

Yup, if the Gray Helix Components were Legacy Bound, I could pool my components and purchase one of those new Gree vehicles ...

Proof positive that players are spoiled rotten these days when getting just one of these weapons is considered an unbearable grind.

Who said anything about the weapons? I have 2 myself. I just think if they are gonna re-release the event, and add an item that cost 48 Helixs, that spare said Helixs spread out on multiple toons should be Legacy Bound to make things only a LITTLE easier...

Who said anything about the weapons? I have 2 myself. I just think if they are gonna re-release the event, and add an item that cost 48 Helixs, that spare said Helixs spread out on multiple toons should be Legacy Bound to make things only a LITTLE easier...

Supafreak said that about the weapons three posts above mine.

Every person I know and have spoken to all guildies included where totally bummed by the fact that the mount cant be sent to an alt before its activated. I for one have used all my helixes with my two main character for weapons, now even if I want to go from scratch and complete everything (which I cant anyway, I have a job) I still wont be able to buy the mount, however I still have 42 helixes from last event with my GS that I never play in general. I do not want him to have the mount, I should be able to buy it with him and send it to my main to activate!

Or at the very least make the helixes BTL so i can send them. but this way its screws everyone up for one reason or another. I sincerely hope you will fix this, I cannot think of any logical reason not to make the mount BTL like the weapons, then it can be activated with whichever alt we want!

Supafreak said that about the weapons three posts above mine.

I must have ignored it, because weapons are not hard to get at all. And yes, the vehicle is becoming unrealistic for people not only in the cost but also in the binding to that character that they may not want the vehicle on. Cmon BW let's make these changes happen. Legacy Bound Helixs and Vehicles.

i admit i feel abit cheated i bought one of those crappy sabers because i thought what they offered at the time was it so i might aswell spend it on something.. now i dont demand a refund but it would be nice to get some more info on what kind of items these vendors are supposed to sell... and maybe add another faction for new stuff to work on instead of adding it to a pre existing faction on whom most have allready wasted their currency on, not knowing better stuff was to come..

No thanks.

Just, man, what's the big deal if things take a little while to get? They already brought back this event WAY too soon and now people are upset that they can't get the Gree speeder RIGHT NOW.

I don't really see much point in role-playing a lifetime of journeys in a character if everything is just *poof* available instantly or easily.

I wish more people would enjoy the gameplay and the anticipation and effort it takes to actually *get* something rare.

I don't think that's a good idea. Why not just create a new vendor to buy more helix currency with? Only available at champion tier, roughly let 1000 rep points exchange to 1 helix.

The ONLY reason I feel this is reasonable is that the max helix you can gain without the very hard to to access HM 16 player xeno clear is 1 per day on the main heroic mission and the handful for the Xeno story clear, which i believe is 6 for 16 player, with the exception of the few that you get from the relays mission or the initial xenoanalyst referral mission (i believe that gave a few, maybe it was just a purple rep comm).

I did the 16 player hard mode the 2nd week, I believe only 8 the first week in addition to story mode, and ended up with 31 helix, without diligently clearing the heroic every single day. From a start point of 9, I determined that I can in fact hit 48 by the end of the 2nd week here this time but only by getting the hard mode 16 player and story mode, and 11 clears of the daily heroic. So it kind of feels like there absolutely must be an alternative for players or their alts that just aren't viable to approach the hard mode op for this event.

One other idea I had if not a trade for just rep items, let some type of material or currency item that simply drops for you while killing any enemies or players in the event, better chance to drop off of the bosses/stronger enemies at the end of each mission, which can then be exchanged up for helix currency or more rep trophies. that item could then be bought and sold as well via GTN. this will create an option for non operation ready players to fill in that gap of the 12-16 helix currency they can't get from the HM xeno in the 2 week span

Edited by mrObtuse

My alts have one or two comms left after they bought some weapons i wish i could transfer those remains to one char so they won't just be useless crap. I agree with hallucigenocide. If i knew that good stuff is coming i would not have spend comms on just anything

If I'm doing the math right, the maximum number of components that any one character can earn over the two week period is 42, not enough for the mount. (14 per week for Xeno SM + HM, and 7 per week for Primary Testing.) I'll be able to buy one because I have some leftover components for last time, but if they were tradeable I could get 3 mounts. But as it stands now, most of the components will be wasted until the next event.

I agree with this. People whining about "you want rare item so fast haha lol u noob suxor go pleh and grind for nice things trololol" also FAIL to realize is that if I do the SAME missions on my 5 50 alts, then it's super boring doing the same thing for 14 days in a row times 6 chars. AND if I did it with that many alts, I'm ALREADY putting in the grind time to get these things. Pooling the components would be really nice seeing as how all the rewards are BtL anyways, save the mount which is BoP.

On a side note, please bear in mind ALL other event items were tradable... helix components are not.

Bioware invites us to max reroll characters for a while but we get no avantage from doing Gree's whith them

as far I get about 10 helix on each 4 rolls so 40 helix but I can't event buy the cheapest weapon ... I very glad to have all these recommendation that are useless pass legend ....

• 2 weeks later...
Bioware invites us to max reroll characters for a while but we get no avantage from doing Gree's whith them

as far I get about 10 helix on each 4 rolls so 40 helix but I can't event buy the cheapest weapon ... I very glad to have all these recommendation that are useless pass legend ....

Instead of getting 10 on each you could have and should have gotten 44 on one of them (7+7+2+8+6+8+6) and then you could have whatever weapon(s) you wanted.

No response on this? As I said, it's impossible for any one character to get enough components in a two-week period. Allowing us to pool them would be a huge help...

Or, you could have gotten a bunch the first time and a bunch this time and then you'd have it. Now you just have to wait until they bring it back again which, sadly, will probably be a lot sooner than later. So big deal if you have to wait a little longer to get what you want.

Edited by PetFish