Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Ancient Secrets Help.

DarkCrossing

Doing the Ancient Secrets Mission. I'm lvl 13 the end boss is lvl 16. I can't destroy him and want to do some side missions to up my lvl but can't get out. The taxi tells me everywhere I want to go is out of range. Do I have to finish the mission before the taxi will take me out!? Is it a bug and I just need to reset the mission?

So Ancient Secrets, you are at the Jedi Temple right now? at level 13? Have you been skipping side missions? have you been doing bonus objectives? are you F2P? i think only subs can post onto the forums anyways. AFAIK F2P cant post in the new players forums but i wanted to be sure. I'm a sub, and when i do Coruscant i skip all heroics. But i do class mission (obviously) but i also do all side missions and all bonus objectives. I usually finish up The Works sector and i go into the Jedi Temple at around level 15-16.

My recommendation for you, is to stop skipping side missions, bonus objectives and bonus series. When you finally get your ship you can also open up the galaxy map and it shows you the level range you want to be at for a planet. For now you can go back and try and do the side missions, try to do some heroics, maybe PVP until you are up to level 16. Below is a rough guide of when you can expect to leave a planet and head to the new one.

These are only for republic

Tython/Ord Mantell = level 1-10

Coruscant = 10-16

Taris = 16-20

Nar Shadaa = 20-24

Tatooine = 24-28

Alderaan = 28-32

Balmorra = 32-36

Quesh = 36-37

Hoth = 37-41

Belsavis = 41-44

Voss = 44-47

Corellia = 47-50

Makeb = 50-55

Now some people may claim that they can solo through Alderaan at level 10 while blindfolded and with both hands behind their back. But the list i gave you is good for beginners, If you get to Nar Shadaa at level 20 and you find that you are having some difficulty, then raise the numbers on the list above by 1. For example if you are having trouble and want to make things a bit easier, then leave Nar Shadaa and start Tatooine at level 25 or 26.

So Ancient Secrets, you are at the Jedi Temple right now? at level 13? Have you been skipping side missions? have you been doing bonus objectives? are you F2P? i think only subs can post onto the forums anyways. AFAIK F2P cant post in the new players forums but i wanted to be sure. I'm a sub, and when i do Coruscant i skip all heroics. But i do class mission (obviously) but i also do all side missions and all bonus objectives. I usually finish up The Works sector and i go into the Jedi Temple at around level 15-16.

My recommendation for you, is to stop skipping side missions, bonus objectives and bonus series. When you finally get your ship you can also open up the galaxy map and it shows you the level range you want to be at for a planet. For now you can go back and try and do the side missions, try to do some heroics, maybe PVP until you are up to level 16. Below is a rough guide of when you can expect to leave a planet and head to the new one.

These are only for republic

Tython/Ord Mantell = level 1-10

Coruscant = 10-16

Taris = 16-20

Nar Shadaa = 20-24

Tatooine = 24-28

Alderaan = 28-32

Balmorra = 32-36

Quesh = 36-37

Hoth = 37-41

Belsavis = 41-44

Voss = 44-47

Corellia = 47-50

Makeb = 50-55

Now some people may claim that they can solo through Alderaan at level 10 while blindfolded and with both hands behind their back. But the list i gave you is good for beginners, If you get to Nar Shadaa at level 20 and you find that you are having some difficulty, then raise the numbers on the list above by 1. For example if you are having trouble and want to make things a bit easier, then leave Nar Shadaa and start Tatooine at level 25 or 26.

Good recommendations here, I do all side missions everything personally, when those double XP weekends were on I found I was way over leveled but all that did was make me skip the side quests, still did class and planet. And then because I was still leveling too fast I knocked it down to just class. My point in saying this is, it's better to do a lot of content early and get way overpowered for the quests than to be under powered and scrambling for quests to help you level.

I've been in both situations myself. Just be sure not to skip stuff trying to advance the class quest too soon. The content is there for a reason, not just to slow you down. Enjoy it, and yes it can get tedious at times, that's when you park your butt on the fleet and just work on crafting skills, that's what I do anyway, that and then space combat.

But at your level you don't even have space as an option yet. Try to backtrack and do side quests, team up for heroics and do those till you're leveled up a bit before moving to the next class bit.

I still skipped the holocrons all but one I picked up on Tython.. I look forward to going back when I'm bored and knocking those out one planet at a time. Gotta find ways to break up the monotony, and that's one I use.

Therein lies the problem! Yes I have been skipping the side missions, just going from contact to contact first then doing the sides. I should have figured that out, but so far, up to this lvl I've been able to play that way. Time to change my style of play from now on. :o

I also forget that I have those "free" ways to get out of where ever I'm at. (Stupid Noob that I am! :D ) I did the F2P for a couple weeks to see if I liked the game and am a paying player now.

Thanks to all that helped.

Sometimes you get an error message about being "out of range" if you aren't standing close enough to the taxi droid.

And everyone else is right, you need to be level 15 or 16. Side quests are there for a reason.

Edited by Gidrea

You could also go back to the fleet and do The Esseles at least once. It's very easy to find a group to do it with and you can easily get a level or two out of it, especially if you do it over and over. I usually get to level 15 on the fleet doing Esseles, buy a speeder, then head to Coruscant well overleveled.