All companions need the "Trooper" treatment.

Gear trooper companions is vastly easier than any other class. The reason for this is that EVERY companion uses the same stat as the main character, Aim/Endurance.

Why is this exclusive to troopers? Sure, it may not make "sense" for a ranged dps companion to use willpower, but it's very beneficial to gearing the companion you want.

So often I choose one companion over the other just because they use the same stats as me which makes them easy to give my hand-me-downs to.

Also, *all* Trooper companions get heavy armour, which similar companion categories of other classes, namely, healers and melee DPS, don't.

And yes, I'd love to have more "archetype-friendly" companions. At least a couple of Str-users for Knights and Warriors, more than 1 WP-user for Inquisitors and Consulars, more Cunning-based crew for Agents, etc, etc.

Alternatively, make it similar to HK-51 (his "official" mainstat is Aim, but he scales equally from Cunning), at least for archetype-similar companions, ergo, Force-user companions, like Kira, Nadia, Ashara, etc, would receive precisely the same scaling from Strength as well as Willpower (on both Force and melee), let Tech companions scale equally from both Aim and Cun.

Edited by Helig

It's done for trooper because of the story. With the Trooper your companions are all your unit which is only consisted of you and other troopers. So all your companions are troopers or droids, which all droid work off AIM, lucky.

Most other classes have a wider range of helpers. Picking up smugglers, troopers of their own, students, etc.

It's done for trooper because of the story. With the Trooper your companions are all your unit which is only consisted of you and other troopers. So all your companions are troopers or droids, which all droid work off AIM, lucky.

Most other classes have a wider range of helpers. Picking up smugglers, troopers of their own, students, etc.

Can't see why "scouts" don't wear medium armour, then. Other RDPS uses Medium (aside Sgt. Rusk), all other healers use Medium.

The benefit of the same main stat starts to fade at higher levels anyway: if you are dps you can't pass your mods to the tank (and also the healer gets slightly less benefits since many pieces of gear are accuracy heavy). If you roll tank it's even worse, you can't pass anything to your companions (maybe some commando armoring/barrel):rak_03:

The benefit of the same main stat starts to fade at higher levels anyway: if you are dps you can't pass your mods to the tank (and also the healer gets slightly less benefits since many pieces of gear are accuracy heavy). If you roll tank it's even worse, you can't pass anything to your companions (maybe some commando armoring/barrel):rak_03:

Not really - for the purpose of 55 dailies you can just load everyone in DPS-oriented gear and still breeze through H2s.

I generally run double DPS, tank character in DPS gear+DPS, or DPS+tank companion in DPS gear in DPS stance. Everything gets mowed down in seconds - a dozen seconds if it's a h2+ content mob pack.

Gear trooper companions is vastly easier than any other class. The reason for this is that EVERY companion uses the same stat as the main character, Aim/Endurance.

Why is this exclusive to troopers? Sure, it may not make "sense" for a ranged dps companion to use willpower, but it's very beneficial to gearing the companion you want.

So often I choose one companion over the other just because they use the same stats as me which makes them easy to give my hand-me-downs to.

In the sea of things that people can and do complain about.. this is a one inch cork floating 1500 miles from shore.

In the sea of things that people can and do complain about.. this is a one inch cork floating 1500 miles from shore.

It's a suggestion, not a complaint.

It isn't holding me back from the game but as I said, it does limit my companion choices.