Ahh! Companions are gonna be the death of me!

Trevalon

SWTOR has some bugs...

The chat bug is super annoying - This needs to be fixed...

The Ventrilo PTT key bug is extremely annoying and needs to be fixed...

The Green flashing light bug needs to be fixed...

out of all the bugs in this game probably the most annoying thing ever is the TERRIBLE Companion bugs...

I Hate that, just randomly, when I get off my mount it just decides to stop summoning my companion forcing me to resummon them everytime I get off my mount (which is alot - only relogging fixes this, and it will break again an hour or so later).

I Hate the fact that everytime I get on my mount and have to resummon my companion that all his skills are reset...I already told him not to cast that ability why did he turn it back on himself and why is he back in Tanking stance?

These 2 bugs are probably the most annoying overall of every bug I have seen because they happen constantly throughout the day. (and I have seen quite a few in this game).

Please fix companions to remember their settings and to always come out when you get off your mount!

Edited by Trevalon

SWTOR has some bugs...

The chat bug is super annoying - This needs to be fixed...

The Ventrilo PTT key bug is extremely annoying and needs to be fixed...

The Green flashing light bug needs to be fixed...

What is the PTT key bug for vent? I have not gotten this one yet, I also have not experienced the chat bug, what is that about?

I have had issues with the stupid green flashing bug, every single session.

Vent ppt issue:

When you start Vent... Right click -> Run as admin. Then use vent normally.

This is a common issue and NOT Biowares issue.

I run vent in Admin mode...everytime...and SWTOR is the only game that me or anyone else I know has ever seen this bug in (and we play alot of MMOs/FPS) so something tells me it IS a Bioware problem...

The vent PTT bug is if you have vent bound to a side mouse key and you click your PTT at the same time you click a skill on your bar it will make your UI not clickable again till you reclick your PTT on the skill that you were trying to click in the first place.

Everyone I know who has vent can duplicate this if they try - Its really annoying and needs to be fixed. I don't think it does it if you use a keyboard key as a PTT though..

The Chat bug is basically chat stops working. I have only ever had it one time but I know alot of people who have issues with it. Guildmasters an Officers cant talk in guilds most of the time due to this bug (That sucks).

Edited by Trevalon

I think their input routines are a bit wonky. I had the key mapping window scrolling when the mouse moved without even grabbing the scroll bar. Made it quite difficult to remap keys. I could still play normally, but every time I got into the key mapping window it wanted to scroll the list with just normal mouse movement. Very annoying to be sure, but these "sticky" type bugs point to severe issues in input function logic which are probably not going to be easy to fix, unfortunately.

I run vent in Admin mode...everytime...and SWTOR is the only game that me or anyone else I know has ever seen this bug in (and we play alot of MMOs/FPS) so something tells me it IS a Bioware problem....

Ventrillo is 3rd party software. Bioware is in no way shape or form required to fix someone else's software or to make theirs compatible. You know, kinda how in WoW Blizzard had no responsibility to make sure all the addon's work after their patches. You will find you will go much further in life if you can actually address issues you have to the correct people.

I agree with you on the companion bugs though, my T7 is constantly unable to go sell greys or harvest resources. Alt-Tab and dismissing and resummoning sometims fixes it, but not all the time.