Suggestions for crew skills for a bank toon.

Trickai

Okay so I have 2 dedicated crafters, a cybertech and an artifice. My question is what crew skills would be helpful for additional mats.

So one crafter is cybertech, scavenging and underworld trading. Second crafter is artifice, archeology and treasure hunt.

The bank toon I want to give slicing for mission discoveries but wanted to add a couple of other skills.

So to help out my Cybertech should I add scavenge or underworld, and for artifice should I add archeology or treasure. The first choices are scavenge and archeology for the more common and more used skills. The underworld and treasure are less used but also more difficult to gather when you really need them as well as likely more profitable when selling off the extras.

Any suggestions? Note that the crafting toons will not be played with any regularity and will likely end up with only the starting crew member, ship droid, and maybe one other crew. My main playing toon is a biochem.

Scavenging and Archeology for your bank toon.

In my experience it takes 1.5 of a given gathering skill to cover the needs of 1 crafting skill. Yes, having Scav and Arch on two characters with only needing to cover one crafting skill (Scav for CT and Arch for Art) is a little overkill, but better overkill and sell your extra mats versus not having enough mats.

As for Underworld Trading and Treasure Hunting, again in my experience blue materials are dirt cheap. Purples you have to look for deals but they do exist and while leveling a character having purple gear is not that important (if you have the purple mats to make purple stuff great if not blues are more than adequate).

In my experience it takes 1.5 of a given gathering skill to cover the needs of 1 crafting skill. Yes, having Scav and Arch on two characters with only needing to cover one crafting skill (Scav for CT and Arch for Art) is a little overkill, but better overkill and sell your extra mats versus not having enough mats.

As for Underworld Trading and Treasure Hunting, again in my experience blue materials are dirt cheap. Purples you have to look for deals but they do exist and while leveling a character having purple gear is not that important (if you have the purple mats to make purple stuff great if not blues are more than adequate).

Thanks for that opinion and your own experience. I was leaning more to the scavenge and archeology but just wasn't sure how much I would need the other two. I thought the need would be small but it's nice to have that confirmed. I will go with scavenge and archeology along with the slicing.

It also depends on whether you are trying to be optimal or RP. An example, say you are logging off for the night, have 450 scavenging and need some Desh. The RPer would run a desh scavenging mission. The 1%er would run a max level scavenging mission, sell the results and the profit from that mission would buy two stacks, maybe more, of desh, That one run mission could buy the equivalent of two dozen desh missions. Similarly, depending on your server prices it might be the optimal skills for a bank alt were skills like diplomacy or bioanalysis which you ran, sold the items and used the profits to fund your scavenging or UT needs. Similarly, purple UT mats are not for leveling alts of non-wealthy players. But the 3 purple UT metals from one mission could be sold for enough to perhaps two thousand desh which would take over two hundred desh missions to get.

But if you are just going to choose amongst those four, you probably have the right two.

hmm... a 2nd underworld trading would be nice. I don't think the blue mats are dirt cheap for lower grades, grade 9 they are for some reason. If you plan on making profit out of armorings and mods for leveling, you eat up your stacks quite fast. Besides, those blue metals are good for 3 different crafts so those sell quite nicely, at least on my server.