Master Sidonie Garen - solo?

Soulchilde

I am a Jedi Shadow lvl 31 and i am getting whacked everytime. Although i havent tried moving around yet (I know, stupid, but i have cleared all bosses so far with brute force standing still tactics). I have a tendency to just throw everything at her at once and then wait until my abilities are ready again, but am i to understand that i should conserve some of my abilties until she tries something nasty at me, and then just hit her with lightsaber attacks?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this fight last week at level 27. I'm tank spec'd and had Theran out. It was a long fight but after 3 tries I got it. I pulled from range, then ran up to her so that Theran was nowhere near me to keep him from getting damaged from her AoEs. I would run out of her quake attack. Everything else I would try to use interrupts, but being so under level, most of the time they would be resisted. But Theran was able to heal through them. Just use your CDs whenever they're up, try to interrupt everything except quake whenever you can, and run out of quake. The fight probably lasted about 6 or 7 minutes just because I was doing so little damage. But it's definitely doable as long as you're paying attention. Moving out of quake made a huge difference because of the amount of damage, stacked upon her following attacks, Theran just couldn't heal quick enough. Once I figured out to move out of that as a priority, everything else was survivable.

• 1 month later...

For any future people trying to defeat her... I did it as 28 Shadow like this:

Summon Tharan Sedrax, set him to heal only. Buff up and stealth, Mind maze her and open with Shadow strike, force wave immediately after and interrupt her next attack with mind snap, then the next one with Force stun. Pop your channel the force and continue to use: Force stun / mind snap / force wave to interrupt her abilities, Keep the AoE away from Tharan and when you don't have an ability available to interrupt it Force Sprint out of there and get back to her quickly to interrupt her inevitable ranged attack. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR KINETIC WARD UP!

This way I used no stims or medpacs, but it is advised to do so lol, good luck ;)

Keep your gear always current - that's it. Made 4 chars already and always think about elits like fun stuff to get credits. :) - by consular i include here champions too.

If you cant buy gear - craft it. If it is green qualitty u must change each 2 lvls. And don't forget about gearing of companions too.

Aaah f*ck, i'm 32lvl Jedi Shadow, and i tryed 20 times, and even i can't have her at half the health and she kills me. Only one time a i was able to decrease her health arround 3000 and she kills me again!

So anyone for Co-op?

Edit:

Oh yes at last, i get that b*tch, for my companion i used Theran, the funny think is that i used him before that but i didn't manage to defeat her, i don't know now how i did it. :D

Edited by EpidemicOfHate

defeated her on the second try frankly she was harder than vivacar. Big tip don't stand in the cracked earth circle she puts out. I did it as a heal spec sage with quyzen tanking her. I just focused all my effort on healing him till near the end. She does a ton of damage especially that cracked earth circle thing. also keep your distance and kite if you cant interupt the cracked earth thing. If you just stand her up and try to tank and spank the dot will kill you. one way to do it as a shadow is to let quyzen go first then modest ranged dps till he falls, then charge in and finish her ,stun and interrupt liberally. med packs and stims certainly don't hurt.

Well, yes she is a lot harder than Vivicar, and if you are not healer, i had to focus to interrupt her earth quake (its very powerfull). That's why it was that hard for me, the last time i manage to interrupt her every quake, but not every heal - one or two times with Force Stun (it has very long cool down ), and after that i focused on Force Wave and Mind Snap to interrupt. Edited by EpidemicOfHate

• 4 months later...

hmm, i solo her very easy at lvl 31, felt i was too powerfull

hk51 doing all the dmg, i healed him a few times, battle took maybe 1min or less

annoying part is that both ls choises after gives 150 pts, one should give more other less :(

about gears, i had 6500 hpm HK51 7200 hp

all armor moddable and pretty up to date

Edited by Belnick

How are people defeating her solo? I've tried two different companions and I cannot out dps her

So you said yor lvl32? What gear are you in? Is your gear up to date?

Sorry to be obvious, but the second more crucial aspect of this game is gear. You can be lvl 32 but if you are in the green quality gear you found by just running class quests......you might be undergeared. This game is a gear grind.

Secondly do you interupt her attacks or use knock backs?

With decent gear( purple or orange gear with all blue mods) you should solo it easily.

Edited by toyfanatic

• 3 months later...

I am infiltration shadow level 30

After dying so many times and trying both qyzen and Theran

Reading all tips

One crucial thing I learned

You need to interrupt her heals aka bene something and avoid her force quake too

That is the key to all the fight

Just for fun, I tried with no companion, lvl 32, full TK. You gotta kite/los like crazy, but it's doable. Kite forcequake, LOS project storm and do whatever you have to interrupt her heal, keep dots up and you're golden

I am a level 32 balance sage and I cannot seem to beat her!! Any advice would be great...thank you!

I may defnintely be wrong in this but all the research and reading i've done suggested that balanced is for pvp not solo. I think that "might" be part of the problem. Interupts are a must as others have said, having the right tank/healer depending on your routine and playing style... Please someone correct me if I am wrong, hope that helps.

I may defnintely be wrong in this but all the research and reading i've done suggested that balanced is for pvp not solo. I think that "might" be part of the problem. Interupts are a must as others have said, having the right tank/healer depending on your routine and playing style... Please someone correct me if I am wrong, hope that helps.

Balance works as well, DoT specs are actually pretty good in long PvE fights, as the internal damage ignores armor. They usually aren't considered "good" for soloing because it takes a while to get your dots set up, when instead you could use TK to just burn normal and strong mobs faster. In longer fights, this becomes less of an issue, and the time to kill tends to even out between the specs.

Edited by Belly

Balance works as well, DoT specs are actually pretty good in long PvE fights, as the internal damage ignores armor. They usually aren't considered "good" for soloing because it takes a while to get your dots set up, when instead you could use TK to just burn normal and strong mobs faster. In longer fights, this becomes less of an issue, and the time to kill tends to even out between the specs.

Thank you for the words of wisdom and I will definitely check out the builds a little more in depth the next time around.

• 2 weeks later...
To be honest a long long time ago that I levelled my sage I didn't find any of the battles difficult, maybe die once till I figure out what to interrupt.... except TASSANDRA. Even if I was one level above it took me ages and a number of tries until I managed to kill her. I suggest you give her a go just for the laugh, it is an optional mob so you can bypass her if you want.

• 4 weeks later...
Shadow can kite her and can avoid AOE. You have 3 good interrupts: kick, stun and regular interrupt. It's not easy fight, quite doable one. Avoid AOE, use only buffed project/SS, use telekinetic throw when you have to stay at distance, stun/kick for SS.

Good healing potion and stim as well as Thrax are all welcome.

Shadows don't have Kick, you must be thinking of Jedi Knights.

• 1 year later...
Shadows don't have Kick, you must be thinking of Jedi Knights.

tanks shadows can use spinning kick out of stealth and it's a short stun, and infiltration have low slash, which is a short stun aswell. idk the lvl of this fight, but i've done the consular story both on sage and shadow and i don't remember about undoable fights at all..

• 11 months later...

I was surprised the first time and not paying attention - too many elites are just tank and spank in the game so when there is a challenging one it's a shock. I went back and took her the second time.

Make sure gear is topped up and interrupt that heal.

-> 32, Shadow infiltration

One thing that I discovered that has helped me out a lot is to do anything and everything that you can to level up prior to this battle. If you do Flashpoints and Warzones and Heroics, and even Tactical Flashpoints( KDY, for example), soon you will have enough commendations to be able to upgrade all of your gear and you companions gear. And another thing that will help is if you remember to keep moving when you are facing off against her. And don't forget to stun. Edited by BanRau