Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Allie, first because I don't care much for server merges, two being I like my character's names, three because I value people who put effort into their names and not some crap xXxMaSsEfexl337xXx name, four because RPers are more interesting and mature to play with and five to piss off iheartnyc and his backers more.
You're breaking my immersion

Please remember to respect others opinions even if they do not align with your own.

For or against is irrelevant, every one is entitled to their opinion and there is no harm in talking nice to each other either , some should give that a try once in a while.

Take hamsel and Corsiero (except maybe his last point :rolleyes: )posts , they made there point known and did it clearly.

Edited by OwenBrooks

I'm kinda getting the impression they aren't going to do any merge tbh. If they do it will be after the expansion once they have taken stock of their earnings and subscriptions from Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i need transfers or imma get bored out of my mind

I'm kinda getting the impression they aren't going to do any merge tbh. If they do it will be after the expansion once they have taken stock of their earnings and subscriptions from Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

The cynic in me totally agrees this will probably happen but I hope they are not so stupid as to punt us onward saying they will look after Makeb settles after telling us the same thing for F2P and never doing anything.

Not that they would tell us anything (since they never have) but I suspect that the issue is a one year contract on the APAC server hardware, so we will get told nothing till March/April (still sooner than Makeb) and then either the contract is interfeering with hardware upgrade for a superserver and we may get the desired merge, or more likely we are being bussed back to the US servers at that time.

APAC ping is probably destined for the same place as the orange pixel.

In response to Allie...my main now resides on The Harbinger. I do however, have 3 toons on GD where I started my Star Wars journey. I have met A LOT of APAC players on The Harbinger in the same boat as me...people who have re-rolled due to lack of population on the APAC servers. While this exodus may have created the nice, small niche that you seem to crave, rest assured that if a server merge occurs players will begin returning to our own mega server. I will try to be the first in line. What the majority of us want is a population that supports the definition of MMO. If and when a merger occurs there will obviously need to be measures put in place to support the concerns of the RPing community. I am all for this. But I, as well as most of the APAC community I suspect, are keen to play on a server that gives the kind of game experience The Harbinger can offer but at a much lower ping. I'll admit that at one point I thought these servers were going to die...but thanks to the dedicated players (thank you) who have kept this thread going it looks like we might finally get a resolution to this issue.

In response to Allie...my main now resides on The Harbinger. I do however, have 3 toons on GD where I started my Star Wars journey. I have met A LOT of APAC players on The Harbinger in the same boat as me...people who have re-rolled due to lack of population on the APAC servers. While this exodus may have created the nice, small niche that you seem to crave, rest assured that if a server merge occurs players will begin returning to our own mega server. I will try to be the first in line. What the majority of us want is a population that supports the definition of MMO. If and when a merger occurs there will obviously need to be measures put in place to support the concerns of the RPing community. I am all for this. But I, as well as most of the APAC community I suspect, are keen to play on a server that gives the kind of game experience The Harbinger can offer but at a much lower ping. I'll admit that at one point I thought these servers were going to die...but thanks to the dedicated players (thank you) who have kept this thread going it looks like we might finally get a resolution to this issue.
A well written well thought out reply... this is exactly my position.

I play mainly on Harb and only log into Master D when it's a rated night... the difference between the populations is sad. And it's not just the queue pops, it's also the way it affects the GTN ... a small economy is not good.

I will be happy to play on a merged APAC server.

I can't wait until they close the server down and you have to join a US or EU server because that's where my gut feeling says this is going.

I don't know, but if anything the more this thread continues with the amount of back and forth whether to merge or not, the more I see it being the excuse BioWare needs to do just that. I hope I am wrong, time will tell! :(

+1 for Server merge into one big oceanic super server.

Character transfers (inbound @ server merge and then outbound 1-2 months later) optional but severely recommended, whether they are free or paid it should happen.

I have 5 50's on MDN and when my main guildies moved over to 'The Harbinger' I followed a couple of weeks later. I now have 7 50's. It is so much easier to gear up and much more fun to play when you have 2-3 fleets (250 people per fleet) worth of people just sitting around wanting to do stuff. Because of this my most geared toon is now on 'The Harbinger' and it took a fraction of the time to gear him compared to my favourite toon that took months of careful planning and grinding to gear up. Alot of the time my Tank on US just runs guild Ops where he gets no gear because we are gearing up others who have moved servers too.

My Best geared toon on 'The Harbringer' - /played 9 days, 12 hours

My beast geared (and favorite) toon on 'MDN' - /played 12 days, 9 hours

I'm at the point that I've started a marauder on the US just so I can play that AC again and I'm also debating whether to cancel my sub or wait till ROTHC to see if I get motivation back to seriously play the game outside of helping out guildies.

Quickly scroll through 3 pages to see if bioware has replied yet... Nope no reply. so don't need to waste my time reading other people's posts on what I'm assuming is not contributing towards Biowares decision... Cya tomorrow Edited by Obirayy

4. DO NOT GIVE UP!

Thought I would start this post by quoting myself!!!!

Seriously guys, keep this thread going, I wont be because I dont want to give another cent to this game until the servers are fixed. Im out!!! Subscription ends in three days and I have just cancelled it. I havent played in 6 weeks anyway, I have moved on.

My reason for unsubscribing is quite simple... I just want to play on 1 united APAC super server. If we dont get that I will atleast come back when they xfer my characters somewhere else.

Special thanks to everyone who has supported this thread! Thanks to the community on Master Dar'Nala and especially the guys and girls on BOSS!!!! :D

I will come back if the expansion pack comes out before transfers i reckon that might actually happen :(

So see you all again soon! Thanks for making this thread one of the most popular in SWTOR history!!!

Might post something up on youtube in the next week or so! Keep an eye on my channel!!!

<3 Chippy

Ps. - to some of the RP people that post on here, glorifying your dead server gives me a headache and making PvPers out to be complete you know whats is just pathetic - you know who you are. Think of the APAC community as a whole and not just yourselves.

PPs - SHAME ON YOU BIOWARE/EA FOR DRAGGING THIS ISSUE OUT. ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!!! - I know its not you Joveth, its your evil boss' and poor management.

PPPs - I will be back - as soon as this issue is addressed/xpac comes out.

Thought I would start this post by quoting myself!!!!

Seriously guys, keep this thread going, I wont be because I dont want to give another cent to this game until the servers are fixed. Im out!!! Subscription ends in three days and I have just cancelled it. I havent played in 6 weeks anyway, I have moved on.

My reason for unsubscribing is quite simple... I just want to play on 1 united APAC super server. If we dont get that I will atleast come back when they xfer my characters somewhere else.

Special thanks to everyone who has supported this thread! Thanks to the community on Master Dar'Nala and especially the guys and girls on BOSS!!!! :D

I will come back if the expansion pack comes out before transfers i reckon that might actually happen :(

So see you all again soon! Thanks for making this thread one of the most popular in SWTOR history!!!

Might post something up on youtube in the next week or so! Keep an eye on my channel!!!

<3 Chippy

Ps. - to some of the RP people that post on here, glorifying your dead server gives me a headache and making PvPers out to be complete you know whats is just pathetic - you know who you are. Think of the APAC community as a whole and not just yourselves.

PPs - SHAME ON YOU BIOWARE/EA FOR DRAGGING THIS ISSUE OUT. ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!!! - I know its not you Joveth, its your evil boss' and poor management.

PPPs - I will be back - as soon as this issue is addressed/xpac comes out.

respect chippy. i am not from your servers but i understand how you suffer.i had that problem before the US transfers and it was horrible. i will keep helping this thread and i hope you guys get a solution and you come back

"Ps. - to some of the RP people that post on here, glorifying your dead server gives me a headache and making PvPers out to be complete you know whats is just pathetic - you know who you are. Think of the APAC community as a whole and not just yourselves."

Sorry but the role play server isnt dead.

Like I said before I am lvling a alt on Gav Daragon atm and there are lots of other players on the planets with me.

"Ps. - to some of the RP people that post on here, glorifying your dead server gives me a headache and making PvPers out to be complete you know whats is just pathetic - you know who you are. Think of the APAC community as a whole and not just yourselves."

Sorry but the role play server isnt dead.

Like I said before I am lvling a alt on Gav Daragon atm and there are lots of other players on the planets with me.

it must be nice to live in that alternate reality where Gav daragon has LOTS of ppl on it. i wish i could change dimensions like you.

it must be nice to live in that alternate reality where Gav daragon has LOTS of ppl on it. i wish i could change dimensions like you.

I can see that you're new on Gav Daragon, i play there from day one,and i have a character rep side who's 50,yes the people are nice,but it's adifferent cup of tea playing when you under 50 and after.

around the low levels you do mostly everything solo,except for some heroics and minor fp.

Come to tell me the same thing,after u reach level 50 and u want to gear ur character in campaign or dread guard.

Even rakata gear is something unusual to find on GD due to the lack of OPS,even normal FP need loads of time before they start.

so i'm not happy about it,and i lack of faith even in an APAC "super" server,it will still be smaller compared to the EU/US server.

in my humble opinion as i posted before best solution is that BioWare allow us to transfer in a European or US server.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

Doing nothing or closing the APAC server is a damned if they do, damned if they don't issue for Elder Game players, since we lack the player base to properly do the content or the Ping to be compedative on the content. Really think any player could be carried through Ten stack Dreadtooth to get access to the bonus boss of NiM TFB with a 150+ ping? Let alone be compedative in PVP or general NiM mode ops?

Mergers or bust at this point.

Come to tell me the same thing,after u reach level 50 and u want to gear ur character in campaign or dread guard.

Even rakata gear is something unusual to find on GD due to the lack of OPS,even normal FP need loads of time before they start.

It's still possible to find groups running your level of content here on Dalborra. Although most people cleared alot of it ages ago on there mains. I got most of my Rakata gear months ago and took a break. Only just starting to look at campaign and dread guard gear now.

Doing nothing or closing the APAC server is a damned if they do, damned if they don't issue for Elder Game players, since we lack the player base to properly do the content or the Ping to be compedative on the content. Really think any player could be carried through Ten stack Dreadtooth to get access to the bonus boss of NiM TFB with a 150+ ping? Let alone be compedative in PVP or general NiM mode ops?

This. on MDN we are now trying to get 3 guilds together to be able to attempt DT on more than 2-3 stacks. It is a logistical nightmare when you dont have enough people.

This is true 'cause when they develop operations that have a mechanic that can wipe the operation with a cast time of 2 seconds it is just enough time to cancel your current cast and use your interupt with a sub 50ms ping and with a ping of greater than 150ms forget about it.