SW EP7 gets a release date!

ImmortalLowlife

And apart from some bad acting they were correct.

Really? :tran_eek:

The prequels from a movie point of view were a disaster. Bad pacing, bad acting, a director more concerned with the actors being placed for better CGI purposes than getting their best performance, a plot that was overly complicated and needlessly so, stuff that should have been in it not, and just... functional problems from start to finish.

The lack of quality is why Episode I pulled in 474 Million while Episode 2 managed to only hit 310 Million. Everybody was pumped for more Star Wars, but it was a disappointment.

Edited by StarMagus

That's what they said before the prequels.

I have faith in JJ Abrams. At the end of the day we (fans) have no impact on what will be in the movie so we may as well be optimistic at this point.

I have faith in JJ Abrams because he has a track record of taking pre-exisiting franchises (Mission Impossible and Star Trek) and making them more successful.

I have faith in JJ Abrams. At the end of the day we (fans) have no impact on what will be in the movie so we may as well be optimistic at this point.

I have faith in JJ Abrams because he has a track record of taking pre-exisiting franchises (Mission Impossible and Star Trek) and making them more successful.

I did like the new Star Trek, and I liked Fringe and I'm a fan of Person of Interest.

Good points. That said one thing we can count on is that all Light Sabers will come with their own Lens Flare!

Really? :tran_eek:

The prequels from a movie point of view were a disaster. Bad pacing, bad acting, a director more concerned with the actors being placed for better CGI purposes than getting their best performance, a plot that was overly complicated and needlessly so, stuff that should have been in it not, and just... functional problems from start to finish.

The lack of quality is why Episode I pulled in 474 Million while Episode 2 managed to only hit 310 Million. Everybody was pumped for more Star Wars, but it was a disappointment.

Ehhh....I say it was a success because my kids (age 6 & 7 at the time) thought SW was silly & didn't understand why their dad made em stand in line for nearly 2 hours to get tickets to see ep1 THE NEXT DAY! LMAO But after they saw it, THEY became SW fans.....so....it succeed imo lol.

Now they are already debating on who they want to dress up as when we go see ep7. :D

... a director more concerned with the actors being placed for better CGI purposes than getting their best performance, a plot that was overly complicated and needlessly so, stuff that should have been in it not...

I don't know what CGI is.

Name one thing that was complicated, because I understood everything and I'm not the smartest nor the second smartest person. I'd like to see myself as average.

If they want to add every single detail from the EU into the prequels, it wouldn't have been a trilogy but a 30-logy or more. same goes for the original trilogy, you won't call that bad just because some stuff wasn't in there.

The fact that ep II sold less, doesn't mean squad. Avatar did really well and its only aspect was that is was in 3d, while the movie itself was bad.

Edited by Little_Judas

I don't know what CGI is.

Computer generated imagery

Google is your friend learn to use it ;)

have a good day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-generated_imagery

I think though the prequel triology isnt that diferent from the first triology. They both had terrible acting, and dialogues. Allthough the first triology had much more the sense of adventure and fantasy imo.

Empire strike back is where the plot and acting shines the most, were in the prequel it doesnt shine at all.

That said there isnt a substancial diference between the old and recent triology. The thing that is most underlined are the world building and the level of detail, wich are fantastical.

As a space opera however it even isnt a good one persé. Imo they dont go deep on either avenue, of either fantasy, or adventure, or space opera, and it ends up being an incomplete mess on all of this things, safe for the world that is built arround and a few iconic characters.

Edited by Spartanik

Computer generated imagery

Google is your friend learn to use it ;)

have a good day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-generated_imagery

I typed "CGI purposes" in google and all I got was "Common Gateway Interface"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Gateway_Interface

And I didn't think that was what StarMagus meant.

But thank you for clearing that out.