FAKK your stun bubbles

Kyanzes

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I'm a bubbler. The last thing the game needs is offense stuns. But there is a reason everyone plays bubble as sorcs. The nerf to our clutch healing means that we have to. Deep-heal is not competitive.

Smash is the problem. Bubbles constrain smash just a little bit. Bubble needs to be fixed, but it needs to be fixed after Smash. And sages need a viable lightning tree spec, as well as a viable pvp deep-heal spec.

100% agreed. DPSers want to just run around like mad men and do their thing without being slowed down a bit. Thank goodness there are sorcs and sages that can at least counter the current state of maras/sents smashing everyone to pieces.

Edited by Kovaos

If you are going to ask for nerfs at least realize what what changed and what you would do to the class.

Those QQing about the bubble stun don't give a flying FAKK about the Sorcerer (Sage) or what happens to the ACs. They want to be able to destroy the Sorcerer/Sage completely uninhibited. I wonder how they would feel if the Sorcerer & Sage completely disappeared from WZs never to be seen again. I'm sure they'd complain about the loss of their 'easy medal farming targets.'

As long as LOLSmashers roam the WZ, the Bubble Stun should never be touched without giving the Sorcerer/Sage defensive capabilities, damage mitigation, and defensive cool downs. They remove the ability to stun others without the aforementioned; you may well see the Sage/Sorcerer disappear from WZs since they are the easiest targets to kill in a WZ. What BW should do is limit the number of smashers to two of the same class in any WZ. Using the FP organization of healer/2 dps/tank to fill a PuG or Premade for a WZ would fix these smashers from exploiting the game by bringing roaming teams of smashers.

All this QQing about the bubble stun will have unintended consequences like the loss of healing Sorcerer/Sage at worse, or rarely seen at a minimum. I'm sure all the LOLSmashers will smile and move on to the Mercs/Commandos next and complain about their abilities until the only ACs found in a WZ is Melee (Juggs/Guardians, Marauders/Sentinels, Assassin/Shadows) and Range (Vanguard/PT, Smugglers, and Agents) classes.

yeah unlike anyone can use aoe stun grenades the only reason people are complaining is that is one of the few counters to mele and they just want to faceroll....

No, they are complaining because it brings matches to an absolute screaching halt. I would literally rather lose a match without bubble stun, than win a match playing against them. Win or lose, it makes the entire match annoying. And not "slightly" annoying. I'm talking about "my dog runs scared from the room every time Im in a bubble match, because I am screaming at my computer" annoying.

"Well it's the only answer to smash..." Yes. Smash is broken too. They both need to be fixed at the same time.

No, they are complaining because it brings matches to an absolute screaching halt. I would literally rather lose a match without bubble stun, than win a match playing against them. Win or lose, it makes the entire match annoying. And not "slightly" annoying. I'm talking about "my dog runs scared from the room every time Im in a bubble match, because I am screaming at my computer" annoying.

"Well it's the only answer to smash..." Yes. Smash is broken too. They both need to be fixed at the same time.

Exaggeration. Nothing comes to a halt. As a counter to melee, yes, it will/should slow things down a bit.

No, they are complaining because it brings matches to an absolute screaching halt.

An exaggeration, but I understand your point. But also understand that sorcs/sages NEED the fight to slow down to maximize their effectiveness. It doesn't matter if we are talking about 1v1s or objective play....the longer the fighting takes, the more advantage the sorc/sage gets, at least up to a minute or so. A lack of burst damage and long cast times on my sage mean I HAVE to slow things down to have a chance of doing anything meaningful.

Those QQing about the bubble stun don't give a flying FAKK about the Sorcerer (Sage) or what happens to the ACs. They want to be able to destroy the Sorcerer/Sage completely uninhibited. I wonder how they would feel if the Sorcerer & Sage completely disappeared from WZs never to be seen again. I'm sure they'd complain about the loss of their 'easy medal farming targets.'

As long as LOLSmashers roam the WZ, the Bubble Stun should never be touched without giving the Sorcerer/Sage defensive capabilities, damage mitigation, and defensive cool downs. They remove the ability to stun others without the aforementioned; you may well see the Sage/Sorcerer disappear from WZs since they are the easiest targets to kill in a WZ. What BW should do is limit the number of smashers to two of the same class in any WZ. Using the FP organization of healer/2 dps/tank to fill a PuG or Premade for a WZ would fix these smashers from exploiting the game by bringing roaming teams of smashers.

All this QQing about the bubble stun will have unintended consequences like the loss of healing Sorcerer/Sage at worse, or rarely seen at a minimum. I'm sure all the LOLSmashers will smile and move on to the Mercs/Commandos next and complain about their abilities until the only ACs found in a WZ is Melee (Juggs/Guardians, Marauders/Sentinels, Assassin/Shadows) and Range (Vanguard/PT, Smugglers, and Agents) classes.

Meh, nobody here is talking about removing bubblestun entirely but the stun effect should only apply to the bubble on the caster. All the paranoia that "waah waah waah you just want to faceroll Sorcerers" is getting exhausting. Let Sorcs have a survivability tool like this but don't give a team of smashers of Pyrotechs or Assassins an extra hard stun, they really don't need it.

Totaly agree. Smash is retarted . At least as bubblestunner you can annoy them a lil. .

yeah, but you annoy the heck out of every other melee in the game also. and the other melee aren't rocking the same ludicrous smash abil that the smashers are doing.

every watchman, combat, scrapper, infiltration, tactics and, to a lesser extent, assault is now caught in the arms race between smashers and bubblers. 2 abils nerfed the heck out of quite a few other trees...some of which were already borderline viable. of the 6 I mentioned, only assault stands out as maybe deserving a little nerf, and being a 10m dps class, they eat the least of it from smash/bubble. eesh.

An exaggeration, but I understand your point. But also understand that sorcs/sages NEED the fight to slow down to maximize their effectiveness. It doesn't matter if we are talking about 1v1s or objective play....the longer the fighting takes, the more advantage the sorc/sage gets, at least up to a minute or so. A lack of burst damage and long cast times on my sage mean I HAVE to slow things down to have a chance of doing anything meaningful.

Yes I get that, I also play a Sage (Full balance however) and frankly my problem is not the Sage's rocking their bubble. It's the Marauders, and PTs, rocking the Sage's bubble... When you run into a WZ and 8 people have a free stun, (and free damage mitigation) that builds almost no resolve, the issue becomes quite larger than the survivability of the single Sage that's casting them.

see my previous post.

you are correct. I don't give a hoot about sorcs/sages. haven't leveled mine yet. and I also don't give a hoot about farming sorcs/sages. what I do care about, however, is getting stunned stunned stunned whenever I attack or even approach an enemy, which is what the current state of bubble stun amounts to. I'll attack a sage. sure. I'll attack and op and a pyro and a sentinel, etc. they bubble stun me too. doesn't matter which melee I'm playing.

I'm not mr. smash monkey. I also don't have a jugg yet. I hate the fact that so many ppl smash. it sucks. the answer isn't bubble stun. that's like fighting the flu with aids. fyi: bubble stun also holds ppl in place for said smashers. it's not simply a counter to smash. they're both melee wreckers.