Why is all the "Good Stuff" only attainable by spending real world Money?

RiVaN_

Do you realize that your subscription is not free?) So if they adding stuff for FTP players which is compensated by moving all good stuff in cartel market then where is new content for subscribers? For what are subsribers pay then, FTP stuff? :rak_02:

You do realize that subscriptions come with a monthly grant of cartel coins?

As for what subscribers are paying for:

500 cartel coins every month

Full access to the mail system [the ability to mail more than 1 item at a time and the ability to mail credits]

Unlimited Fleet travel ability use

Ability to use purple gear with out having to buy an upgrade [ all that lovely high end elder game stuff]

Ability to unify colors with out having to buy an upgrade

Access to 3/4 of the base emotes

Rise of the Hutt cartel for free [yes it is now free to subscribers only]

Access to loot box rewards from mission reweards

Unlimited access to unique loot drops on Flashpoints

Unlimited amount of credits [F2P and preferred only have access to 250k and 350k credits at a time unless they buy a one time unlock that gives them access to more]

Bonus XP

Bonus Valor

Bonus Reputation

Rested XP

Decreased Vender credit costs

Increased credits from selling to venders.

The list goes on, and on and on.

Maybe you should have made a thread about that instead of one whining about capitalism and how life is unfair.

I Commented and offered ideas for improvement. There was no whining involved.

I think your reading things into my comment or just enjoy insulting people. Either way comments such as this are unappreciated, rude and should be kept to yourself.

I have no problem with Decore on the cartel market, it is a great idea for helping the game have more revenue and thus keeping it a float a while longer. I have no issue with using Reputation currency, fleet comm's, etc to buy decor. That was yet another good idea, it give players something to work towards and achieve. I like the fact that craters can craft the items needed to obtain decor from the vendors, yet another good idea. The best idea that the dev's had was making Ops and Flash-points drop decoration items, especially iconic pieces that represent the Op or flash-point that you are running. All of these ideas are great.

My point is that an obvious method for obtaining decorations has been left out and I wanted to present some ideas in hopes of getting the creative engines of the development team rolling.

The title can be misleading, I understand that, but if you take the time to read the post with an open mind instead of judging the post before you read it then you would have understood the point of the thread before you attempted to derail it.

You do realize that subscriptions come with a monthly grant of cartel coins?

The list goes on, and on and on.

This post isn't about the disparity between F2P and subscribers, please start your own thread to have that argument.

I didn't have any ideas that involved free decor for subscribers, I am asking the Dev's why they haven't linked more decor to achievements.

Looking through the list of decorations and I see that a large number of the desirable items come from Cartel Packs or from a direct purchase from the Cartel Market...

Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but seeing as how this is a game that tracks Achievements and Reputation couldn't there be A LOT MORE decorations that are tied to achievements and maxing out reputation? Not looking for a something spectacular, but more than a picture/trophy.

There are some achievements in this game that are very time consuming, like master craftsman: those could have some type of decoration item associated, like a crafting table that takes up a medium floor hook . Reaching 450 in a craft (Artifice, Biochem, Armstech, Armormech, Cybertech) could come with a small floor hook item that represents that craft.

Completing a planet (having 100% completion in your achievements for that planet) could net you a nice little Small floor hook holo projection of the planet and completing all the planets could be a medium floor hook holo image of the galaxy map.

Clearing all instances of an Op (Story, Hard and Nightmare modes) could get you a medium floor hook item that represents that particular Op.

The list goes on and on, but the theme is the same. Couldn't Bioware tie in decorations for us to show off our achievements?

Blame it on the garbage F2P formula taking over most every MMO.

Looking through the list of decorations and I see that a large number of the desirable items come from Cartel Packs or from a direct purchase from the Cartel Market...

Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but seeing as how this is a game that tracks Achievements and Reputation couldn't there be A LOT MORE decorations that are tied to achievements and maxing out reputation? Not looking for a something spectacular, but more than a picture/trophy.

There are some achievements in this game that are very time consuming, like master craftsman: those could have some type of decoration item associated, like a crafting table that takes up a medium floor hook . Reaching 450 in a craft (Artifice, Biochem, Armstech, Armormech, Cybertech) could come with a small floor hook item that represents that craft.

Completing a planet (having 100% completion in your achievements for that planet) could net you a nice little Small floor hook holo projection of the planet and completing all the planets could be a medium floor hook holo image of the galaxy map.

Clearing all instances of an Op (Story, Hard and Nightmare modes) could get you a medium floor hook item that represents that particular Op.

The list goes on and on, but the theme is the same. Couldn't Bioware tie in decorations for us to show off our achievements?

This is the flip side of going with Ikea furniture hook system instead of a free placement system like in Wildstar, RIFT, and EQ2. This way you cannot make creative and interesting housing items out of other things, you have to buy them.

No, this is a thread about there not being decor items tied in to achievements and BW using strongholds as yet another Cash Grab for the cartel market.....................

Seriously, what did you really expect?

The CM will always have the best of things for people to buy, now and going forward.

Isn't everything obtainable from GTN?

The stuff from packs and direct purchases, yes. But the stuff from the certificate vendors is something special.

Certificates are rare drops from packs and you also need them for the cartel rep vendors. This makes them quite valuable and most people use their certificates for their own needs.

So, even if you're lucky and someone buys exactly the item you want and puts it on the GTN, it'll most propably be freakin' expensive.

The stuff from packs and direct purchases, yes. But the stuff from the certificate vendors is something special.

Certificates are rare drops from packs and you also need them for the cartel rep vendors. This makes them quite valuable and most people use their certificates for their own needs.

So, even if you're lucky and someone buys exactly the item you want and puts it on the GTN, it'll most propably be freakin' expensive.

but. still. available.

That's the important point here.

You don't HAVE to spend real world money to get anything.

Hell, you don't even have to spend real worls money to get cartel certificates, you just buy some packs off the GTN.

People don't seem to understand that the cartel market is what's keeping this game afloat right now.

It's certainly not subs since it seems only a small portion of the players are subs.

Most are preferred (either old subs or F2P who bought some CC) with the unlocks needed to play the game without too much hassle.

So the main stream of revenue is from the cartel market.

So of course the "good stuff" end up there mostly (although I personally love alot of the reputation vendor stuff, both decorations and other stuff)

I betting that there are a lot more subscribers than any of us realize.

I'm not complaining about the CM decorations, the decorations you get from packs or drops or even the crafted ones. I just wish there were more items linked to achievements.

I don't like that the only place to get a Bar is from a pack, the cartel market or buy it from the GTN. It kinda makes sense for a bar to be able to be purchased from a vendor using a MK-3 Prefab, but oh well.

All I am saying is, "hey Dev's, can we get some achievements tied in to our decorations?" And "the pictures as trophies are total crap"

Edited by RiVaN_

I betting that there are a lot more subscribers that any of us realize.

I'm not complaining about the CM decorations, the decorations you get from packs or drops or even the crafted ones. I just wish there were more items linked to achievements.

I don't like that the only place to get a Bar if from a pack, the cartel market or buy from the GTN. It kinda makes sense for a bar to be able to be purchased from a vendor using a MK-3 Prefab, but oh well.

All I am saying is, "hey Dev's, can we get some achievements tied in to our decorations?" And "the pictures as trophies are total crap"

Well, the last number we heard was 250.000 so I assume they would mention subscriber numbers rising if that had changed by much.

but. still. available.

That's the important point here.

You don't HAVE to spend real world money to get anything.

Hell, you don't even have to spend real worls money to get cartel certificates, you just buy some packs off the GTN.

People don't seem to understand that the cartel market is what's keeping this game afloat right now.

It's certainly not subs since it seems only a small portion of the players are subs.

Most are preferred (either old subs or F2P who bought some CC) with the unlocks needed to play the game without too much hassle.

So the main stream of revenue is from the cartel market.

So of course the "good stuff" end up there mostly (although I personally love alot of the reputation vendor stuff, both decorations and other stuff)

People do understand that the CM contributes - but to what extent it 'keeps the game afloat' in having CM money invested into the game versus flowing back into EA's coffers we'll never know.

And as Sindariel stated, the basic deco stuff tied to certs is freaking annoying because it is both basic decos like rugs and lights and plants that people would use multiples of in just one stronghold and because the Certificates are bound and thus one has to hope someone has Certificates, uses them to buy decorations, and then posts them on the GTN.

I've been checking and found the red rug posted once for over a million while I have seen none of the plants. At the same time, I've seen pages of the dancer NPC sold for the same Certificate that buys the rug, with plenty posted in the 200k range.

This is different than say the jukebox which while rare from a cartel pack, isn't a decoration people would use in every room, and other than the dancer NPCs, I've seen more of them posted than I have most of the items on the certificate furnishings vendor.

Oh and I could buy the rare jukebox for not much more than the sold on a vendor simple red rug.

They should leave Certificates as a currency for use in buying old retired CM stuff or allow Certificates to be bought and sold on the GTN, as well they should move all the basic deco stuff off the cert vendor and onto normal crafted and rep vendors.

Edited by DawnAskham

People do understand that the CM contributes - but to what extent it 'keeps the game afloat' in having CM money invested into the game versus flowing back into EA's coffers we'll never know.

And as Sindariel stated, the basic deco stuff tied to certs is freaking annoying because it is both basic decos like rugs and lights and plants that people would use multiples of in just one stronghold and because the Certificates are bound and thus one has to hope someone has Certificates, uses them to buy decorations, and then posts them on the GTN.

I've been checking and found the red rug posted once for over a million while I have seen none of the plants. At the same time, I've seen pages of the dancer NPC sold for the same Certificate that buys the rug, with plenty posted in the 200k range.

This is different than say the jukebox which while rare from a cartel pack, isn't a decoration people would use in every room, and other than the dancer NPCs, I've seen more of them posted than I have most of the items on the certificate furnishings vendor.

Oh and I could buy the rare jukebox for not much more than the sold on a vendor simple red rug.

They should leave Certificates as a currency for use in buying old retired CM stuff or allow Certificates to be bought and sold on the GTN, as well they should move all the basic deco stuff off the cert vendor and onto normal crafted and rep vendors.

I can't agree more

I agree with this part.

Having pretty basic decorations tied to the cartel certificates is a moronic move.

And I think their data will show that almost nobody is buying it.

Unfortunately, it is exceptionally rare for a company to go back and change things like that, so those decorations will forever be locked away and almost never used by anyone.

But, we'll get new decorations and forget about those old ones in time.

The personell is fine behind that certificate wall and are selling like crazy on the GTN.

As for the OP, he was of course talking about decorations in the cartel packs, not the ones in the certificates vendor.