Has inflation hit?

killahcheese

I'm seeing just the opposite. Prices on most things are lower now than they ever have been, and getting lower by the week.

Like any ingame economy, new and rare items tend to fetch extraordinary prices. But they do come down to reasonable levels over time. Unless, of course, they're now simply unobtainable ingame and then the sky's going to be the limit.

Edited by DarthTHC

Ive noticed on my server at least that prices have dropped on almost everything. Stabs use to go for 170k+ now they are selling anywhere from 100k-120k with about the average price being 110k. Most of the lvl 10 Cartel Crystals going for 100k except for the power ones that go for 250k+... most armor except for the Hydra, Jedi Battlelord, Supreme Inq and Vendetta go for next to nothing. Edited by Amalak

Yes, I'm seeing a massive price drop, myself. Speeders are practically free, the price of orange gear has dropped (helped by the ability to craft belts, boots and bracers), Many high end mats are now much cheaper as the are being sold on the market by people who get them in packs and just want to get rid of them. The only things that are still very high in price without frequently being found at a bargain price by careful shoppers are the mats used in post-50 armoring, rare items, and post 50 armorings themselves.

On Jedi Covenant, I've seen the prices drop over the last few months. Both on end-game RE'd gear like the lvl 26 & 27 item mods and the under 45 gear. The level 47 & 49 gear is downright pitiful price wise and most often not worth posting. RE'ing to get some mats back is a more sensible approach for them.

The speeders you mention are cartel items. Free to play can't afford such items. So, free to play players are not contributing to inflation on such items. Speeds are also a luxury item and you shouldn't try to gauge inflation on any items that would be considered luxury/BiS.

The most obvious place, to me, to check for inflation would be material prices. I regularly check the price of scavenging and underworld materials. If anything, the price on these materials seems to be on a slow downward trend. This would be deflation and I think its possible that f2p players are contributing to this. I image there are a fair number of f2p people with 1/2 crafting skills that only have a gathering skill.

The other trend right now is that 61 mods cost less than a month ago and 63 mods cost more than 61 mods used to. This just feels natural to me and doesn't really have anything to do with inflation. Its just a new luxury/BiS tier that devalues the previous tier a bit.

Finally, the price on purple leveling gear does seem to be going up for me. Though I think these prices are there because subscribers are pampering their alts with credits from their 50s.

I'm the Bastion so I saw a lot of the mounts go higher.

But of course, yes, like some cartel speeders have went down, but like overlord command and diplomat mounts are 4mill

Same server, but I bought both speeders for 1.7 and 2.1 respectively in the last couple weeks. I just look for deals

Well... I think the Cartel has had an impact on GTN and the overall economy. But that seems obvious. What is much more subtle but really interesting is the price of lowbie gear. The price of low level mods and gear is much higher and if you calculate the the price per stat point significantly more expensive. This makes sense as well given that lowbies are on the rise via the f2pers. So.... the real money, it seems to me is in selling to the f2p market: owbie mods and gear, mounts, and specialty items. Easy creds to be made there.

The price of post 50 gear will go up as demand increases. It's to be expected. I'm surprised to hear that you can't buy very cheap speeders on all servers. There will always be high demand items that go for more, but I'm seeing lots of speeders that are in every second cartel pack going very cheaply. I'm not talking about vanity items, but pure functionality.

The price of low end gear is still too high on average, but can be obtained reasonably if one is patient or thinking ahead.

I wonder how F2P could affect inflation though. Those players are capped at 200k/350k, so anything above that price should hardly suffer from any additional credits brought in: the amount of players capable of paying prices above that only goes up when F2Ps turn into subscribers. So, if demand increases, then that must mean the amount of subscribed players does too.

I wonder how F2P could affect inflation though.
For me my philosophy was "use it or lose it". I had no intention of subscribing so anything I earned over 350k was going to be lost and I'd constantly spend it down. Making credits is dead easy if you know how to play the GTN. I just spent 290k for an armor set from the CM because I couldn't find anything else for Kira other than stripperwear or nun's habits.

For the big ticket items orange gear, mounts, and the like the prices have dropped considerably except for the ultra armor pieces. However, the opposite seems to be true of mods. Before f2p I was buying lvl 10 mods for 1k or less not everything is close to or over 10k as more people now have cheaper moddable gear the mods themselves have increased in demand. Edited by LukeSaberRattler