No Class Story Line???

PeaceKeePin

Ok, I just want to get this clear before I say "wut da***?". I didn't do PTS because I did Beta for almost a year, and I play a commando so I figured Why waste my time, the whole "help me help you" thing doesn't exist with this company. So, What I'm wondering is, with this new Expansion do the class Story Lines Not continue on since they are in Interlude after they are done at 50?

I Just heard this and wasn't sure if it's true, but the one company thats KNOWN for it's fantastic story's (and they did a great job on their stories lines in this game) didn't add class story line to the next 5 levels seems kind of odd?

Is this correct? and if so, Why wasn't it implimented?

One more thing, There is a Difference between "Loose" and "Lose"

If you Loose a game, then something needs to be tightened. Like your Mom

If you Lose a game, then you got beat.

SWTOR community learn the difference.

/off soapbox

The response from the Dev team I have seen floating around is that personal story was to get us to where we are. Now that we are "heroes" of the Republic/Empire, we will be involved in larger conflicts, such as Makeb.

The response from the Dev team I have seen floating around is that personal story was to get us to where we are. Now that we are "heroes" of the Republic/Empire, we will be involved in larger conflicts, such as Makeb.

i'm fine with that as long as they eventually add Chapter 4 i mean we can't be fighting a war forever and nothing new happens in our story

Basically it was too expensive to make 8 stories again, 2 (factions) is far more cost effective, so Bioware said they wold make sure each class brought its own spark to the faction story lines, which I was rly fine with...however according to ALL the preivews, apart from Makeb's opening scene this jsut is not the case, the conversations re copy/paste with different voices, barely any difference (less so then current world archs apparently) so I'm fairly certain we can say class or class uniqueness in stories are for now dead, with not rly any signs point to a good future...but apart from that the makeb faction stories sounds awesome!

Way back in a Darth Hater interview from last summer, Daniel Erickson said Makeb would not contain class stories. I'm not sure why people are surprised at this point.

But don't give up hope that they will never make them ever again. I think their focus is to get end game content out as fast as possible, since that's been the biggest complaint where the game is lacking, and creating separate class stories is more time consuming than anything.

It's been less than a year and a half since launch. If everything goes well with the game for the foreseeable future and players are continuing to ask for more individual stories, than they may very well give us that in a larger scale update, but I imagine it would take a couple more years at least just to produce it.

They may call makeb chapter 4 but it isn't it's just 2 new stories 1 for pubs and 1 for empire

Indeed it is, but the fact that they're moving the actual chapter to a shared story doesn't bode well, imho, for strict class stories.

Edited by GeckoOBac

Which is weird, since smugglers, agents and bounty hunters can very much end up not being "heroes of faction X".

I just discovered yesterday or I realized yesterday that there are no class story added to each class.. This is very very (add as many very u can add :-) ) disappointing and frustrating and taking the piss kind of expansion !! Planet story are same for each class !! which is why planet story quest is my least favorite. but bioware is very clever and advertised a new planet and left fine details or key info till Last day's. when people heard of new planet they automatically assumed that there are new class story !!! Bio ware you successfully scammed me !! I am pissed now. thinking of leaving game. :-( very very sad too :-(

Indeed it is, but the fact that they're moving the actual chapter to a shared story doesn't bode well, imho, for strict class stories.

I suggest class stories died when the game didn't pull in mad WoW money and went F2P. But a shared story can still be fun, and it's certainly better than if the game went stagnant.

Ummm...Bioware laid off the developers responsible for the class stories MORE THAN A YEAR AGO! Google it, have fun, read up. Anyone having anything to do with the expansion of your class specific story no longer works for Bioware...they are unemployed or are working at another company.

...I REALLY thought that this was all well known.

There's a reason that there aren't enough quests in the Makeb xpac to get a player to level 55...they simply don't have the money for content development. Most of Makeb already existed prior to launch. Heck, a number of the original bullshot screen shots and artwork that helped promo the launch was all from Makeb.

Edited by Ossos

One of the great parts of this game was up to this point the individual class storyline/quests. I really enjoyed the depth of them and not having them continue past the interlude is suicide for the game company. Please, Devs, talk to us and give us the facts!

I just discovered yesterday or I realized yesterday that there are no class story added to each class.. This is very very (add as many very u can add :-) ) disappointing and frustrating and taking the piss kind of expansion !! Planet story are same for each class !! which is why planet story quest is my least favorite. but bioware is very clever and advertised a new planet and left fine details or key info till Last day's. when people heard of new planet they automatically assumed that there are new class story !!! Bio ware you successfully scammed me !! I am pissed now. thinking of leaving game. :-( very very sad too :-(

They never said that there was going to be individual class story lines in this new expansion. ever. They always stated that there would be 2 faction based story lines (1 reb and 1 imp).

They sort of painted themselves into a corner here because they decided to go with voice over acting for the class story lines, instead of text. voice acting is not only very expensive (unless you want crappy v/o) but it's also very very very, time consuming. i do imagine that the class stories will continue at some time. but it'll be with a much larger expansion. not a $10, 5 lvl expansion.

They never said that there was going to be individual class story lines in this new expansion. ever. They always stated that there would be 2 faction based story lines (1 reb and 1 imp).

They sort of painted themselves into a corner here because they decided to go with voice over acting for the class story lines, instead of text. voice acting is not only very expensive (unless you want crappy v/o) but it's also very very very, time consuming. i do imagine that the class stories will continue at some time. but it'll be with a much larger expansion. not a $10, 5 lvl expansion.

Yeah this about covers it.

While saying that you're expanding the story does create a certain amount of expectation, the reality is that TOR didn't do as well as people had hoped and now it's a F2P game that lost a lot of its development staff so we can't expect a 8 class storylines to be continued and take into account decisions that we'd made throughout the game, at least not in an expansion that costs as much as a DLC pack for games like ME3.

I really really really REALLY hope that in the future they expand the class and companion storylines, but I have a feeling that they won't and without those I really don't see a lot of people returning and STAYING since nothing is really changing in the game.

This game already suffered hard from the fact that WoW was established and people didn't understand why this game had so little endgame content next to WoW, but now they (BW) has released what they call an "expansion" that is really just a mission pack, where WoW's expansions are full expansions, the result is going to be the same with people wondering why this or that hasn't been expanded.

I'm fine with spending 10 bucks to get what we got, I'm not mad at the purchase, but I really don't see anything in the game that's changed enough to keep me around more than this month and I really think that that attitude is going to be present in a lot of the game's players.

Simply put, they need to give players a reason to stay (and stay subbed since this is a F2P game) and I just don't see that in this "expansion pack."

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is that a lot of buzz has been created by the expansion and a lot people are going to see it as a letdown that it's just a general mission pack and that's not gonna do a whole lot to attract people to the game (or to return and stay).

Sooner or later they're gonna have to bite the bullet and do a full expansion, yes it will cost more and yes it will take longer, but time and again fans have been willing to pay and pay happily so long as the quality is there, it's when the quality is lacking that the fans get angry and/or disappointed.

Edited by Sivar