Body type 2 vs 3, what do you like best?

Finrok

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have a level 45 assassin with body type 3, and after a 4 month break i've come back and realised how ugly he looks.. I really enjoy the assassin playstyle and wish to continue playing, but I'm finding it very difficult to play when I look this bad. When you run you just look so clumpy and if the screen could shake, it would.

To this end, I have now created a body type 2 shadow and currently training it up, though I'm finding it rather difficult aswell since I've gotten to the stage I've got 6 or 7 50s and tons of alts and getting pretty tired of leveling :p

Anyways, body type 2 to be safe :>

male:

1:scrawny little anorexic dude,just bad.

2:fit,atletic man,works with everything and my personal favourite.

3:well if you want to be the big imposing guy who is either the super evil or the greatest defender of the people go for it.

4:no,just no.

female:

1:very young looking and cute.

2:sexy to the max,my favourite.

3:guy with tittes,seriously,how can someone play this?

4:type 2 with...well...extra padding!

Edited by _biddan_

Only Body Type 2 for males - everything else is far too weird for my liking. 3 is the closest to be normal, but it still seems comically 'big' - like a cartoon Villain or something.

I really wish they had a size slider instead of these 4 presets.

Only Body Type 2 for males - everything else is far too weird for my liking. 3 is the closest to be normal, but it still seems comically 'big' - like a cartoon Villain or something.

I really wish they had a size slider instead of these 4 presets.

Agreed except I like body type 3 soley on Juggernauts

Body type 3 for males, for all classes. 1 and 2 look too feminine. In fact, I have hard time telling body types 1 and 2 males apart from female characters when I'm at Imperial Fleet... especially if said character has a robe/hood or helmet on. Not even joking.

Body type 3 is the only one that looks menacing, and it's not just the height... it's the broad shoulders, and also the head is more proportional to the rest of the body. Body type 1 and 2 look exactly the same, in my opinion... very feminine and sickly.

Body type 1 is way to skinny for both male and female in my opinion, but they can fit for Sith Inquisitors I guess, I am not sure why i think so, I just do :p

Type 2 is the normal and healthy physique of both male and female, and the one I use on most of my characters.

Type 3 body I do use for two of my characters. My Sith Warrior has to be type 3 or he would look to weak for a menacing sith lord, and it fits their armors better, at least the Juggernaut armors. Also my male bounty hunter is also using type 3 body type, mostly because he has such a gruff voice and a smaller body just did not fit.

Troopers should have a type 3 body type if they are using those heavy auto cannons, they look to big for type 2-1 body and a type 4 trooper makes no sense.

Type 4 body types are the hardest to fit I think, for females they are fine, as their type 4 is just more buxom or a curvy version of type 2. But if you think of the classes, I would think a Smuggler or Jedi Counselor would fit this body type. For male type 4, I would pick the same classes, and maybe the inquisitor.

When I pick how I look in SWTOR, i always think to myself, what would fit best for this character, their lifestyle etc. And also the voice actor has to fit the look.

I prefer body type 2 or 4 for female characters depending on the class. My inquisitor and operative are 2, while my guardian is type 4. I wanted a giant amazon woman for my tank. Figured it made more sense.

I prefer body type 2 or 3 for the male characters. My smuggler and consular are 2 while my trooper and bounty hunter are 4. Just makes sense that guys with giant guns and heavy armor should be buff.

In my opinion body type 2 is good for female characters(although i don't play female chars),but male always has to be body type 3.

Males in body type 2 are just too strange.The lightsaber too big for your hand,the gun too big,your head is too big for your body,you name it.Its just the way they created body type 2 and 1 ,you have to be anorexic,bulimic ,physically retarded(some disease, not the insult slang) to look like that.

Edited by Kaedusz

Inquisitor: female 1 (works so well with Khem)

Trooper & BH: male 3 (professional soldier & merc, gotta be jacked)

IA: male 2

JC: male 3 (cause he's a twi'lek, I can only stomach male snakeheads as body 3)

JK: female 1

I'd love to use female 2, but the breasts are too big for my tastes, plus they make armor look ridiculous, and seem to look even bigger with heavy armor.

Edited by Diefenbaker

I still have trouble deciding and it is bugging me. What about you?

Female: 2, 4

Male: 2, 3, 4

Some body types don't seem to match certain characters. Jedi Knight just does not fit the body type 3, he's more of a 2. That's an example. Sith Warrior is a 3, I just can't see it as anything else.

Female

1: Anorexic

2: Normal

3: Amazon

4: Chubby

Male

1: Skin-covered skeleton

2: Boy

3: Hulk

4: Blob

So yeah, for females I find body type 2 the only good one. As for males there should be something in between the boyish figure of body type 2 and the body type 3 hulk. Something "normal", you know.

Female

1: Anorexic

2: Normal

3: Amazon

4: Chubby

Male

1: Skin-covered skeleton

2: Boy

3: Hulk

4: Blob

So yeah, for females I find body type 2 the only good one. As for males there should be something in between the boyish figure of body type 2 and the body type 3 hulk. Something "normal", you know.

Male body type 2 is hardly 'boyish', unless steroid junkies are your norm. I'd say that 1 is 'boyish' and 2 represents the average male physique. But I agree that a body type between 2 and 3 would do nicely.

All the folks who say male Type 2 is the 'normally' proportioned one must be seeing something I'm not. Have you checked out that dude's head? It's huge compared to his body. Type 3's the only one where the head actually looks like it belongs to the body. Type 3 is way, way too tall, but I have to live with it, I guess.

I'm shocked they haven't introduced Type 2.5 yet.

All the folks who say male Type 2 is the 'normally' proportioned one must be seeing something I'm not. Have you checked out that dude's head? It's huge compared to his body. Type 3's the only one where the head actually looks like it belongs to the body. Type 3 is way, way too tall, but I have to live with it, I guess.

I'm shocked they haven't introduced Type 2.5 yet.

People say "normally proportioned" because of the shape of the body. Average height, average fat, average muscle. If there is a problem with the head, that's an other problem. (I don't find it too big. I rather think that body 3 has a ridiculously tiny head for a huge and massive body. - Must be related to how people pictures the shape of a human body)

Male 3 appears to be about a foot shorter than the wookiee companion. Wookiees stand an average of 2.2 meters, or 7.2 feet, according to the Star Wars wiki. That would make Male 3 a little over 6 feet, and make Male 2 a little over 5 feet.

If we use the Wookiee as a baseline, anyway. Which I'm sure the devs probably didn't.

• 2 weeks later...
Sith and Jedi with body type 3 and 4 doesn't look good in my opinion. Simply because from what I've obtained of informarion from the movies then there's none with such body type as 3 & 4. However, I'd choose body type 3 if I'd be aCommmando, but I get the more RP feeling of RPing a soldier as Vanguard with Body type 2.