can a watchman beat a healer?

Darth_Dynas

They can beat a bad healer that doesnt cleanse np a good healer that knows the spec can prove to be a problem but if your persistent enough its not impossible under wz conditions. I play a sorc healer and watchman specs probably give me the least bother of the sent specs but mainly because i played a watchman and know how to counter one.. Edited by AngusFTW

The best advice I could give is stay away from the Operative healers, unless you have someone else smacking on them too.

The key to taking out healers as a Watchman spec is to use all the interrupts you have. Watchman have the ability to Force Leap from 0m, a quicker Force Kick cooldown, and you have Force Stasis. If you use the skills probably you should be able to keep the healer from healing himself.

I've played both specs in PvP and I have to agree its easier with Combat to take out a healer, but if you enjoy Watchman play it. Just plan out your interrupts as best you can and you should be able to take out some healers.

I am almost full WH and can do fairly well against most healers as watchman spec. The Ops healers are harder because of their kiting ability but if I'm not killing them they are healing themselves and not their team.

Yeah but that means that u are not damaging anybody other then the healer which is all the time healing itself.....:)

Anyway one question, is the bleed caused by Watchmen/Annhilation are cleansable/purgeable?

I have op healer, before I vanish in stealth I am cleansing/purging myself but bleed are taking me out of stealth....

Same is not happening if I DOT a Sentinel/Marauder if they stealth they stay invisible....

Pretty sure sentinel dots are cleansable by scoundrels ye. Maybe a sorc cast affliction on you or something because i don't think scoundrels can cleanse those and sentinel stealth mechanic is different they are still in combat once they go into stealth so dots wont pop them out. aoe attacks will though. Edited by AngusFTW

As a watchman spec sentinel I focus on the healers first in any team fight because it's the best thing to do to help my team win the fight. In a team situation the healer may not die because of other healers, tanks, stuns, etc. but you can stop them from healing everyone and keep their healing output down.

1 on 1 I kill any healer though scoundrels can sometimes give me the slip for a long time. At least you can keep interrupting the healer and force them to heal themselves and run as opposed to healing other people. If the situation warrants, keep after them until they go down. Some people know how to keep themselves alive against a sentinel and cure the burns etc. but few can keep it up for long if we use all our available tools.

It's important to learn what to do when - watchman sentinels have one of the highest learning curves of any advanced class and in PvP it's not uncommon to use over 15 abilities very regularly. If you watch what your opponents do and learn about their abilities you can counter them.