Isn't it about time to loosen up the reigns on the crafter items?

ZionHalcyon

Speaking as an Armormech and someone who has alts with Cybertech and Armsmech, isn't it about time to loosen up on the restrictions of schematics?

As an armormech, I am sitting on armor that I can only make and use on my alts, if that, things like the Energized Combat Medic's set schematics and the Exotech Eliminator schematics, and the Dalarian Combat Medic schematics.

So with FTP, and Freemium players having to buy purple access, why not let up on these schematics and let the items we craft from them to be sold on the GTN? They would finally have a point, and would also benefit bioware by promoting more FTP purchases in the cartel shop, and benefit us crafters who want to sell these goods.

Its win-win.

So how about it?

Speaking as an Armormech and someone who has alts with Cybertech and Armsmech, isn't it about time to loosen up on the restrictions of schematics?

As an armormech, I am sitting on armor that I can only make and use on my alts, if that, things like the Energized Combat Medic's set schematics and the Exotech Eliminator schematics, and the Dalarian Combat Medic schematics.

So with FTP, and Freemium players having to buy purple access, why not let up on these schematics and let the items we craft from them to be sold on the GTN? They would finally have a point, and would also benefit bioware by promoting more FTP purchases in the cartel shop, and benefit us crafters who want to sell these goods.

Its win-win.

So how about it?

I agree but doubt it's going to happen anytime soon if ever. As is, there's little benefit to crafting anything. The mats used to make things are more valuable than the finished product and as you said those finished products are (for the most part) restricted to the character that made them (mods, hilts, barrels, enhancements are some exceptions).

They really need to overhaul the way end game crafting works entirely. You've got stuff like that with obsolete mods that are bound upon being crafted while the top tier is accessible to anyone with a boatload of creds to spend. Even the way you learn the 63 patterns is borked. You need a guild that is willing to funnel the top tier gear to a few players in order to blow it up and hope the RNG gods are with them. The lucky ones then proceed to gouge the player base and become rich off of it while the unlucky ones are stuck with only a couple mats to chuck in the guild bank and hope for better luck next week.

Cash shop + robust crafting simply can not co-exist imo. Crafting directly competes far too directly with the cash shop. Bioware will focus on what makes them the most money...right now, and going forward, that'll be the cash shop, not the handful of crafters.

I don't agree with the philosophy, just stating it as a fact of F2P games.

Cash shop + robust crafting simply can not co-exist imo. Crafting directly competes far too directly with the cash shop. Bioware will focus on what makes them the most money...right now, and going forward, that'll be the cash shop, not the handful of crafters.

I don't agree with the philosophy, just stating it as a fact of F2P games.

I disagree - you can have both.and the way its set up right now, it actually allows crafting if opened up to encourage people to buy items in the cash shop o be able to wear what the crafters are making.