A single-player subscriber's request

ItinerantKnight

What if you only pvp rarely, I'm not a big pvp player.

As I said, you get the recruit gear for free. The entire set. Every slot on your character filled with blue gear and expertise. It's better than most of the stuff you can craft and the tank set even has tank stats (which, ironically, are mostly useless in PvP). The set will easily see you through the black hole dailies and most heroic missions with a group that has half an idea of what their doing or even solo if you take it slow and know what's going on. Furthermore, you can buy the recruit PvP set for all your companions for roughly 320k credits (each) and fill in any spots that they might be missing with fairly decent gear. You never have to set foot in a war zone.

Edited by althene

Please no, if you don't like raids because you want to solo everything, fine, don't do them, just watch the cinematic on youtube. But don't touch the actual MMO content and go the Blizzard way of handholding and nerfing.

We aren't talking about changing the game on the whole, we are saying have the option of playing group content solo, either have it choosable when picking up the mission, or have a server with solo content, or have a totally seperate mission that deals with the elements for the flashpoint or operation.

Like for the essels flashpoint, have a mission where you are on another part of the ship runnig through and doing stuff that "effects" the flashpoint story. Maybe you have to get to certain areas of the ship and open or close doors, or turn on or off defences, then while there is supposedly people fighting the main boss you discover a group of elite troops heading that way to assist the enemy and you have to stop them. It would be cool to be in one room and look into the other room and see some NPC group fighting one of the battles from the flashpoint.

It would be nice for solo players to have to fight/meet people like Malgus and some other enemies that only pop up in group settings.

I would like more stuff to be solo-able, but with lower quality gear rewards, because although i have done things like Black Talon and Esseles loads of times, i love the conversations, but for some reason, players just want to skip it all and don't shut up about it, until i cave and ruin the fun i have with it to shut them up or just leave.

So, i am thinking will be avoiding ALL group activity until level 50, because i am SICK and TIRED of people moaning and ************ about people not skipping conversations, i mean if they want no conversations.....go play WoW....that game just needs you to press buttons, no attention span required.

I know bioware will not do a thing about this, but you can always wish.....i am going to avoid getting the droid, because 90% of the time, you have to use your healer anyway, due to how they did the combat.

well, if you are not grouping and soloing all content, and as some people on the forums imply don't even talk to other people cuz they might want to grp, that is asocial.. so there goes the argument of socializing.. and therefor kill economy too, because solo players want to be solo, no-one else getting their mobs/mats, so there is no economy, and who would you craft for if you are solo-player? yay it's fun to be in a huge world all alone ;)

I am personally sick of players trying to force me into skipping the story content so they can get to the fighting, like immature children wanting their presents before xmas day, kinda pathetic really.

You don't have to group to get the gear that the HK-51 mission series requires. You can easily do SM False Emperor in a group geared with recruit only and HM Foundry/Maelstrom Prison isn't that bad in full recruit, although it isn't faceroll in full recruit either. The only issue would be if you chose the 320k credits instead of the recruit gear. But aside from that, you automatically get the gear required to dh HM Tier 1 flashpoints when you hit 50:)

Thank you , OP. Don't change the game, just add a fun challenging quest with an awesome reward for us solo players. That's all I ask. Maybe even every other patch ! Make it long with different parts like the HK mission but DONT force us too group please ! Seems to me there are quite a few of us social yet mostly solo players that contribute in many ways, as already stated! I love too see a 3 week long grind it out mission for say a one time drop legendary weapon ! SOLO only!

You don't have to group to get the gear that the HK-51 mission series requires. You can easily do SM False Emperor in a group geared with recruit only and HM Foundry/Maelstrom Prison isn't that bad in full recruit, although it isn't faceroll in full recruit either. The only issue would be if you chose the 320k credits instead of the recruit gear. But aside from that, you automatically get the gear required to dh HM Tier 1 flashpoints when you hit 50:)

I am sorry but can you clearify for me a bit please? Are you saying that if you have your character in full "recruit" gear, which I understand is basic lvl pvp gear you can get from dailies ( is that correct?) that you can solo the entire HK-51 requirements?

Also this thread isn't just about HK-51, it is about other aspects of the game too that you can't do unless you group and not everyone likes to group. You have these characters and this world that the devs make, and many people who group could not care less about story....but the solo players that love the story never get to see all of it. The stories in the operations and flashpoints are stuff that a solo player would love and replay over and over but instead it goes to waste much of the time because the raiding people usually just focus on what drops from the mob and if it gives their character the best stats or how much they can sell it for. it is all kind of frustrating and such a shame.

Fail to see how grouping is automatically relevant to being social. Last time I checked on my alts in levelling FPs, the experience is *anything* but social.

I can only speak for myself and the overal mentality in groups that I have experienced, and as well on my healer as tank i tend to get into groups that mostly are friendly and talkative, saying hi when entering, talking in between fights and thanking/greeting at the end, i don't expect people to talk all the way through or do story of their life, but on TOFN people do talk to each other when grouping. maybe it's anything but social because you yourself fail to be social?

I am personally sick of players trying to force me into skipping the story content so they can get to the fighting, like immature children wanting their presents before xmas day, kinda pathetic really.

who's forcing you? just because someone sais skip in chat doesn't mean you have to. anyways, I don't really understand why you give that reaction to my post.. i do agree that the whining of those 'skippers' is pretty pathetic, because it's only a couple minutes of cinematics for a whole flashpoint.

We aren't talking about changing the game on the whole, we are saying have the option of playing group content solo, either have it choosable when picking up the mission, or have a server with solo content, or have a totally seperate mission that deals with the elements for the flashpoint or operation.

Like for the essels flashpoint, have a mission where you are on another part of the ship runnig through and doing stuff that "effects" the flashpoint story. Maybe you have to get to certain areas of the ship and open or close doors, or turn on or off defences, then while there is supposedly people fighting the main boss you discover a group of elite troops heading that way to assist the enemy and you have to stop them. It would be cool to be in one room and look into the other room and see some NPC group fighting one of the battles from the flashpoint.

It would be nice for solo players to have to fight/meet people like Malgus and some other enemies that only pop up in group settings.

What you are asking for IS changing the game in a whole, because it would become double the game, remaking all those things especially for solo players. And asking BW to recreate all the content to have a solo version, is that what you want them to spend time on instead of making actual new content?

If this is about flashpoints, you CAN solo them, just not the HM versions, and even that could be discussed as there's a guy that solo'd Malgus. Most other content can already be done solo, so don't see the point why time and resources should be spend on doing it.

What you are asking for IS changing the game in a whole, because it would become double the game, remaking all those things especially for solo players. And asking BW to recreate all the content to have a solo version, is that what you want them to spend time on instead of making actual new content?

If this is about flashpoints, you CAN solo them, just not the HM versions, and even that could be discussed as there's a guy that solo'd Malgus. Most other content can already be done solo, so don't see the point why time and resources should be spend on doing it.

The ideas given here do not chnage the game on the whole nor does it make it a "double" game. We are not asking to reprogram, from scratch, the entire game.

What we have said is to change the strength of the enemies in the flashpoints so soloing is possible, not change the setting, story, who the NPC's or the enemies are....just drop in a lower strength version of them and most likely that would come with lower drops, but that's fine.

We also suggested putting up a seperate server where enemies in heroic areas and/or flashpoints are soloable, again just changing the level of the enemies there and on a seperate server in case there were complaints from other players worried about exploitation.

Also mentioned was a single player mission option that involves the characters and story of the flashpoints and operations but does not effect them in anyway. Perhaps when you are about to talk to the NPC that gives the flashpoint an option pops up for the actual flashpoint/operation or the solo mission. The solo mission would put you on the same planet and dealing with the same problem and enemies, but the objectives and story behind it would be different. This suggestion would actually be new content like you said they should be working on and would simply be an option to play either the flashpoint/operation or the solo mission version of it.

You said we can solo flashpoints now except maybe HM, but the devs keep making HM the place to go as far as some crafting materials, HK-51, and such. I think it is wonderful someone was able to solo Malgus, but I bet he wasn't a full time solo player.....I am guessing he had maxed out gear from doing group missions and the HM flashpoints, maybe PVP.

Playing an MMO solo is very challenging. You push yourself to see as much of the game as possible even going places where you could get killed by making one slight mistake. You learn exactly what conditons there have to be for your character to take down which mobs and sometimes you have to sit patiently and learn where patrols are going and how long they are gone for. We aren't asking for anything easy.....we are just asking for it to be possible without grouping.

Edited by Greymaulkin

We already have Story Mode and Hard Mode; I would love to have a Tourist Mode where everything is reduced to single-player difficulty, only grey items drop, and no titles are unlocked. That would let me experience the story of the flashpoints and operations at my own pace, and learn their layout and tactics so I’m a little less clueless when I jump in through the Group Finder.

I love this idea. I just want to see the content. I don't care about the rewards. I don't want to be rushed through things, or picked at because I am undergeared and don't know the encounter. I like to chat with my friends in game, but I don't care to play directly with others. I dislike grouping. I don't have a problem with other people in game, I don't mind standing my turn to wait for a respawn, I have no problems with people who do group or pvp. Those just aren't my thing. I like focusing on my missions and storyline alone, having the ability to just get up and walk off if I need to without having to worry about slowing someone down because I needed to log out randomly for a few hours. I am so casual that I will disappear for days/weeks at a time and end up kicked from a guild for inactivity. It's just how I play, so I don't like to have to depend on others, because every time I disappear, I have more I need to catch up afterwards. I'm fine with that, I honestly am. I have no problems behind behind. I just would like to see the content I miss. I love the story and lore and when there is stuff I can't see, it makes me sad.