RotHC // 2.0 : Healing - It's ridiculous.

LovarBoy

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HoTs and instant heal alone isn't enough to keep up against respectable DPS

Ive already tried explaining this^ to this thread, it seems half of the peeps in here just don't get it.

It must be HARD to kill an op who only uses HOTS and instant heals :|

Jeez.

Edited by Scotland

Honestly most Op I see don't bother casting spells with a casting time when a good melee is on them because they know it's just going to get interrupted anyway, and having a spell interrupted at 1.9/2.0 is usually worse than not casting it at all, as if they didn't cast that they can usually sneak in another free instant heal or another HoT on someone else instead of doing nothing. There's a reason why Diagnoistic Scan is cast pretty often because they know nobody will interrupt that (and if it's interrupted then you cast your real heals) so at least you get some healing done instead of risking none.

My injection Crits for 8k

My Surgical Probe crits for 4k

Both of them critting gives me 12-13k instant heal.......

It is very possible to get the cast off, in a few situations. Using your severed tendon/debilitate can help achieve this.

Cover prevents you from being leaped to and roll gets you a nice distance away from melee. It's not hard.

Edited by Scotland

This:

And this:

Pvp balance decisions shouldn't be made based on what pugs can and cannot do. A bunch of Rambos running around just smashing and pew-pewing are probably going to have some difficulty with healers. Does this mean healers are OP? No. But it does mean you are going to have to use some strategy and team coordination, though. But in all honesty, even pug groups made up of a good amount of skilled players can handle healers, despite the extra disadvantage of not having real team coordination.

^ Oh and saying something like this is a really good way to lose credibility and make people lol. I think Alba already briefly pointed out the hilarity of this statement, but just for good measure: If you're a scoundrel healer and you don't use underworld medicine and kolto pack... lol is you. If you're playing a scoundrel healer and you don't interrupt his underworld medicine casts... lol is you.

Well put.

Couldnt have put it better myself :p

<3

Ive already tried explaining this^ to this thread, it seems half of the peeps in here just don't get it.

It must be HARD to kill an op who only uses HOTS and instant heals :|

Jeez.

No, maybe you don't get it.

What are you doing, while casting instant spells? Yeah, you're mostly running around / away. You can easily take advantage of LoS etc.

Your 2 HoT's heal for ~ 2,5-3k combined - that's a good amount for doing nothing, isn't it?

What are you doing, while casting instant spells? Yeah, you're mostly running around / away. You can easily take advantage of LoS etc.

Your 2 HoT's heal for ~ 2,5-3k combined - that's a good amount for doing nothing, isn't it?

It's not enough to counter competent DPS.

Fact.

You're obviously a bad.

If you're including my AOE then you must be really bad, lol.

Edited by Scotland

It's not enough to counter competent DPS.

Fact.

You're obviously a bad.

And you are obviously a healer who is enjoying the insane healing situation right now... and a troll.

And what does this insulting help? Nothing.

It IS enough to counter competent DPS if you can play ( with run & hide and sure using casted spells when you are out of sight or in a 1-2 sec secure place ). Sorry, but I can do that with my OP and I am just 47 and haven't got Scamper...

What about trying to discuss in an acceptable way regarding the topic of the whole thread?

Edited by LovarBoy

And you are obviously a healer who is enjoying the insane healing situation right now... and a troll.

And what does this insulting help? Nothing.

It IS enough to counter competent DPS if you can play. Sorry, but I can do that with my OP and I am just 47 and haven't got Scamper...

What about trying to discuss in an acceptable way regarding the topic of the whole thread?

No, you're bad.

Competent DPS have no problem rooting/slowing me to prevent me from losing.

The tools are there, more people should learn to use them.

L2play.

Edited by Scotland

No, you're bad.

The tools are there, more people should learn to use them.

L2play.

Sorry, but you are just ignorant.

Your postings don't help the thread and they decrease the mood in the whole thread.

Get an acceptable way of communicating in a forum, please.

Sorry, but you are just ignorant.

Your postings don't help the thread and they decrease the mood in the whole thread.

Get an acceptable way of communicating in a forum, please.

Nah, cheers tho.

Learn to use more than 4 buttons.

No, you're bad.

L2play.

Is this in open world? Or do you expect a dps to spend 2 minutes on you when he's on VS offense, just so that you can spawn ten secs later. Rinse and repeat.

Only reason people even cap doors on VS now is because normal warzones are filled with screw-ups. If everyone had known what they were doing it would have been literally impossible to get a door. Just drop two AOE that tick for 4K (combined) and stand there.

It's so boring. And don't tell me that healing didnt become better in relation to DPS. You just have to look at the healer upswing to realize that it's not the same as in 1.7 and for every damage dealer dinging 1 million you have 3 healers doing so too.

Is this in open world? Or do you expect a dps to spend 2 minutes on you when he's on VS offense, just so that you can spawn ten secs later. Rinse and repeat.

Only reason people even cap doors on VS now is because normal warzones are filled with screw-ups. If everyone had known what they were doing it would have been literally impossible to get a door. Just drop two AOE that tick for 4K (combined) and stand there.

It's so boring. And don't tell me that healing didnt become better in relation to DPS. You just have to look at the healer upswing to realize that it's not the same as in 1.7 and for every damage dealer dinging 1 million you have 3 healers doing so too.

The problem isn't the healer. The problem is having too many healers in one match.

This isn't a class/spec issue, it's basically the same has having 4 smashers on one team. Which I never complained about.

I dont do lolWorldPVP

Oh and i don't see your point with trying to bring objectives into this, works both ways.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Scotland

The problem isn't the healer. The problem is having too many healers in one match.

This isn't a class/spec issue, it's basically the same has having 4 smashers on one team. Which I never complained about.

I dont do lolWorldPVP

Yeah and why do we have too many healers per game all of a sudden? Exactly, same reason we had 12 warriors in every game, because it's easy mode. 90 % of the healers that now are producing respectable results would be mediocre at best as damage dealers so they choose the easy path.

Yeah and why do we have too many healers per game all of a sudden? Exactly, same reason we had 12 warriors in every game, because it's easy mode. 90 % of the healers that now are producing respectable results would be mediocre at best as damage dealers so they choose the easy path.

Not exactly, but i do see your point.

Healers are not hard to kill, they are not hard to shutdown. There is a counter to everything. People should just learn how to.

I shouldnt need to tell you how to counter an Op healer, and using the "he has HOTS and instant heals" excuse doesnt cut it for me. When you compare main DPS attacks to those HOTS/Instant heals, its quite laughable.

Most finishers will crit for over 5k some are even goin as high as 7k atm. I'll never see an instant 5k heal lol

A DOT specced sin/sorc will cut through me like a hot knife on butter.

Edited by Scotland

Not exactly, but i do see your point.

Healers are not hard to kill, they are not hard to shutdown. There is a counter to everything. People should just learn how to.

I shouldnt need to tell you how to counter an Op healer, and using the "he has HOTS and instant heals" excuse doesnt cut it for me. When you compare main DPS attacks to those HOTS/Instant heals, its quite laughable.

Most finishers will crit for over 5k some are even goin as high as 7k atm. I'll never see an instant 5k heal lol

A DOT specced sin/sorc will cut through me like a hot knife on butter.

Yes we all understand that you are afraid of losing your God status.

Whats up? Can't 3 button a healer anymore?

Where's your argument? At least midichlorian makes some good points.

I actually found i lived longer PRE 2.0, so i dont know what you're on about lol.

Edited by Scotland

Whats up? Can't 3 button a healer anymore?

Where's your argument? At least midichlorian makes some good points.

I actually found i lived longer PRE 2.0, so i dont know what you're on about lol.

Where our arguments are? Where are yours despite telling us how bad we are? :rolleyes:

:)

Edited by LovarBoy

You do know, with co-ordination, you can kill a healer in like, 5 seconds if he doesn't get support.

That instant heals are OP rubbish is such garbage, Surgical probe isn't even going to outheal 1 committed DPS, unless he's terrible. You are, at some point, going to have to stop and cast KInjection.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

slow, root, stun, focus fire, etc.