Combat Log Parser Round-Up & Instructions

Zoopercat

Just for the record, the situation didn't change a bit with Windows 7 64-bit. It would just crash randomly after loading the list of "rooms".

My guildmate is running your parser on a similar system without any trouble. Same .NET versions, too, the only difference is he got his installed in advance. Very strange.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you check for misses in mox parser?

I'm a raiding merc that is running with 100% accuracy and I've heard that I need 104% so that all my offhand attacks will hit. Would love to test this out.

Thanks in advance.

Updated, added in the SWMoniTOR live raid meter. A pretty cool feature they have: you can upload a merged log to any web-based parser you'd like! With that kind of feature it opens it up to community collaboration, my new favorite live damage meter!!

Any chance you could add mine to the list, if you think its worth anything ;)

[sWToR]Logs found at www.swtorcombatlogs.com.

Still in it's infancy but I'm actively working on it to add new features all the time and would welcome any constructive criticism and feedback to help me make it bigger and better.

Thanks

Any chance you could add mine to the list, if you think its worth anything ;)

[sWToR]Logs found at www.swtorcombatlogs.com.

Still in it's infancy but I'm actively working on it to add new features all the time and would welcome any constructive criticism and feedback to help me make it bigger and better.

Thanks

looks great works and a responsive Dev that is helping out with the bugs i throw his was. I like this one.

on a side note i would like to see if we cant get some better info info in the logs so the logs are more complete

i have made a post on the suggestion forums with this in mind comments and what other things you personally want to see in the logs are welcome http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=464911

on a side note i would like to see if we cant get some better info info in the logs so the logs are more complete i have made a post on the suggestion forums with this in mind comments and what other things you personally want to see in the logs are welcome http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=464911

Just an FYI, there's a good thread already running with a whole list of suggestions for the devs (it's a carry over from the 1.2 beta thread). http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=401531

Sure hope some combat log additions are in store for 1.3...

well i wish i had of seen that when i did my search for combat log but the search function on the website didn't bring that one up when is search for "combat logs" in the suggestions forums will add my input there.

• 3 weeks later...

To AskMrRobot developers - I love how you managed to make the fights names intelligible! One thing that saddens me evey time I upload logs is that you don't dignify Nightmare Pilgrim with a distinguished name.

Like here, it would make so much sense if "Nightmare Pilgrim Attempt 1" and "Nightmare Pilgrim Attempt 2" were added to the list.

ZooperCat, a question directly to you. As pointed out in this post, our second tank (Guardian) is getting 36k damage more than what he's healed for. How is this possible? Provided he doesn't die and there's no voodoo magic involved, and his total HP is about 26k.

UPD: Judging by the logs, "Damage Taken" could include "Absorbed", is this the case? If so, just be aware it's quite confusing without further explanation.

Edited by Feoktist

So, which parser is now going to catch up with TORParse.com and actually start including overhealing? I sent an email to James who created TORParse.com back in April and it took all of 2 days for him to include that on the site. I'm actually amazed that having just clicked through these parsers I don't see a single one that shows overhealing.

That is one of the most important things to know as a healer so which ever parser starts including that will certainly have me using it.

Dominius, as Sulo notes, SWTOR combat logs real time meter is looking at over healing. We have talked about it at Ask Mr. Robot, but that little robot insists on only showing accurate numbers. The estimated over healing that can be done looks at threat as a means to calculate over healing. However, the threat numbers aren't reliable - it depends on the buffs, activated abilities, etc. And since people use these combat logs to compare performance, learn how to improve over time, etc... Mr. Robot feels providing an unreliable number would be misleading.

However, being a healer myself, I want that number too! I'd recommend using one of the tools that shows it if you want to see it for now. Once it's provided in the logs or some workaround proves to be accurate, then we'll add it to the site.

We have talked about it at Ask Mr. Robot, but that little robot insists on only showing accurate numbers. The estimated over healing that can be done looks at threat as a means to calculate over healing. However, the threat numbers aren't reliable - it depends on the buffs, activated abilities, etc.

What you're saying is, there are means to make calculations reliable but you are not yet tracking all of the different buffs, shields etc. circulating in the group and personal abilities. Hope you're close to that, though, this task should be relatively easy to someone who has got the full database of items in SWTOR with their activated effects and the rest.

Feokist, you're close! There are still a few missing elements though even if we did that. However, we're working on ways to get people linking their characters to combat logs, so we can get a lot closer with items and talent specs (for a lot of cool things!) Edited by Zoopercat

It is unfortunate, but TorParse seemed to be the only one so far that created a truly useful parser for a tank that readily demonstrates defense and avoidance statistics :-(

www.swtorcombatlogs.com tracks absorbs.

Let me know me on the "suggestions for improvements" forum there what additional tank specific (I'm no tank expert) and I'll gladly look at adding the information to what I already have. :)

http://www.swtorcombatlogs.com/img/ScreenShot5.jpg

Let me know me on the "suggestions for improvements"

How about

From the top of my head:

3. Tank incoming miss / dodge / deflect / parry / hits / crits analysis -

4. Absorbed damage handling - by this I mean "glanced" attacks

6. Incoming dmg grouping by type (energy / kinetic / internal / elemental)

That's for tank and dps only, I'm sure heals have lots of things to request too.

+8. Incoming attacks grouping by type (melee / ranged / tech / force) - I bet there's enough statistics to figure all the bosses' attacks by now. I can start writing for you simple heuristic rules like this:

• If the attack can be deflected, it's range.
  • If the attach can be parried, it's melee.
  • If a Shadow with Resilience active is immune to the attack, it's either Force or Tech.

The bottom line: the main thing tank is interested in is how much damage did he actually avoid, and how can he avoid more. Adopt this mindset and you will create a perfect parser for a tank.

Edited by Feoktist

is it not odd that you can't see at all what your armour is doing for you OR your damage reduction skills (from what I can see). So there is really no way to tell how effective your entire package is doing across armour, skills, powers, defense, shield, absorption. Everything is about DPS

I'd like to see what that sucker WAS going to hit me from at the very start of any calculation, figure out my avoidance %, figure out my reduction, figure out my mitigation

Captain Obvious suggests that in order to produce real value for tanks, parser has to do much more heuristic analysis and incorporate real gear values (as a minimum, absorb rating and %) and track skill (saves like retaliation, resilience etc.) and item uses (like tanking relics). All this is doable now, with the information available and community willing to help.

Hey guys,

until I was using torparse for my combat log analysis, to my surprise they are not available anymore...

Is there any other tool display raw logs in human readable form, there are some fights it really helps to understand what happens to me during a fight....

I check all the web based tools in the first page but it seems none of them doing it the way torparse does....

Raw logs are displayed as part of the fight browser/analysis at...

Hope that helps.

You know what would really help? If you would finally implemented "log upload" feature, I have a bunch of old logs and I'd give your website a try, but there's no way I can do it.