Clarification about the servers in 1.2

AKIHA

I read and read the 1.2 patch notes and they don't give us solutions about the low population in a lot of servers... we need clarification about this thread... are you BW give us a solution? or we have to spend more time and money to make a new toon for this problem? i think that you have to resolve this... not your costumers because we are spending a lot of money every month and you have to care about your costumers complains.

I read this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=382387 and this one http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=359784&page=9

I don't understand why we have to change server and give you the solution for make us happy with this product, its really desapointed.... The fact is that you don't tell us what are you going to do with the servers population, or if you going to do something about that.

Sorry if i'm not clear, i speak a little bit of english.

Edited by AKIHA

Population fluctuation always happens in MMOs between content updates.

The older the current content, the lower the population will get.

Once 1.2 goes live, it will go up again, for some time until they have also burnt through all that content in wich the server population goes down once more.

I'm hoping they wait with merges after 1.2 so they can clearly see wich servers are under and wich are overpopulated.

Currently everyone i see is flocking to the highest full/heavy server(s) for larger community, better chances at groups, etc. But even now at peak hours that one server is on a wait list to join. When 1.2 goes live and people return, that server will have 45min queues rolling.

I agree that this is a problem, RIFT had the same thing.

They allowed everyone to freely migrate between servers. Wich became a big problem because everyone just went to the same one.

I just don't get it... they are waiting to the people return to the game but... we are not sure of that, and thats why i post this, because they don't give us any solution... i'm tired to wait hours for WZ... And raids, operations, heroics etc etc.......? puaj.... no comments, the LFG tool with low population its a complete joke. Edited by AKIHA

I agree that this is a problem, RIFT had the same thing.

They allowed everyone to freely migrate between servers. Wich became a big problem because everyone just went to the same one.

Trion were a little naive with the way they handled the low population, allowing everybody a free transfer once per week was always going to cause problems. Everybody rushed to the heavy servers because they were sick of playing in a ghost town, I know, I did it.

What Sony did with EQ2 is instead of giving people the choice of where they went they just merged like with like (EU PvE server A with EU PvE server B), server population doubled, problem solved. If you wanted to change to a completely different server, I switched from a US server to an EU server then there was a charge.

I agree that the population might increase after 1.2 but I think it will be a blip, give it 2 weeks max and there will be tumble weeds on the fleet again.