Change your appearance ? where ???

Darkness_au

Im sure I saw in the movie posted about 1.2 that we could change our appearance.. yet I cant find the option for it anywhere, and the only option for it on the char screen doesnt actually change a thing..

Im sure on the movie I saw you could change the colors by sliding a bar etc..

Is this just another failed promise or am I missing something ?

Cheers.

Im sure I saw in the movie posted about 1.2 that we could change our appearance.. yet I cant find the option for it anywhere, and the only option for it on the char screen doesnt actually change a thing..

Im sure on the movie I saw you could change the colors by sliding a bar etc..

Is this just another failed promise or am I missing something ?

Cheers.

its changing armour colour to match your current chest armour.. thats all

and additional high resolution texture for characters in game (not just in cutscenes)

I could have seen it wrong when I first saw the movie ages ago but I thought we could change the colors etc..

So those of us at level 50 with full sets it does nothing at all, so I still have to look like a reject from the village people ? meh

Yet another let down from Bio... sigh, that was the only real thing in the load of gimmiks I was looking forward to in 1.2, my bad for getting the info wrong I know, but god, there wasnt anything else in 1.2 I liked.

Only thing Im waiting for now is the free transfers for us aussie players that they promised to see if playing on a server that isnt a ghost town does anything for me, but I dont think it will.

Im getting over paying for this game.

/end rant :)

I could have seen it wrong when I first saw the movie ages ago but I thought we could change the colors etc..

So those of us at level 50 with full sets it does nothing at all, so I still have to look like a reject from the village people ? meh

Yet another let down from Bio... sigh, that was the only real thing in the load of gimmiks I was looking forward to in 1.2, my bad for getting the info wrong I know, but god, there wasnt anything else in 1.2 I liked.

Only thing Im waiting for now is the free transfers for us aussie players that they promised to see if playing on a server that isnt a ghost town does anything for me, but I dont think it will.

Im getting over paying for this game.

/end rant :)

All they said was "Hue to Chest". It's meant to make low level armor match so players don't have to run around looking like a rainbow. No one's fault but yours that you jumped to conclusions and didn't read the patch notes. Also, I'm sure your 50 cents a day will just bankrupt them and force them to close all servers. Please don't leave!! You're the games only hope!

No one's fault but yours that you jumped to conclusions and didn't read the patch notes.

As I already said, I got it wrong.. so a moot point.

Also, I'm sure your 50 cents a day will just bankrupt them and force them to close all servers. Please don't leave!! You're the games only hope!

Ahh, sarcasm, the lowest form of wit as they say.. but your rather sad attempt at making a point isnt lost on me, I know they wont give a toss about me unsubbing, and I dont blame them.. but the many friends that have already left, the few friends that will follow me when I leave, the more that I warn off the game over time.. and just the huge amount of "Im gone" threads that ive seen lately lead me to believe that in the end it might hurt them, just a little :)

Im just annoyed that im stuck with a char that looks really stupid, sure just my opinion, but c'mon, im an evil sith sorc, I think I will wear red and pinkish ribbons and feathers today... seriously ??? and in a DRESS !!!! omg

I quite enjoy playing this char, but the look puts me off so much.. and the fact that I look pretty much exactly the same as every other sorc out there is a bit of pain.

At least thats one thing Rift got right...

Edited by Darkness_au

its changing armour colour to match your current chest armour.. thats all

and additional high resolution texture for characters in game (not just in cutscenes)

Hold the phones bud... Are you saying that we can have the same high rez textures as in those movie trailers now??? If so, I may give a few kudo points to BW... Please elaborate on what you just said - thanks :)

All they said was "Hue to Chest". It's meant to make low level armor match so players don't have to run around looking like a rainbow. No one's fault but yours that you jumped to conclusions and didn't read the patch notes. Also, I'm sure your 50 cents a day will just bankrupt them and force them to close all servers. Please don't leave!! You're the games only hope!

Why are you being so mean to him? So he misread something - and you never did? Man, you ppl really need to learn to be nice to one another here...

Im just annoyed that im stuck with a char that looks really stupid, sure just my opinion, but c'mon, im an evil sith sorc, I think I will wear red and pinkish ribbons and feathers today... seriously ??? and in a DRESS !!!! omg

I quite enjoy playing this char, but the look puts me off so much.. and the fact that I look pretty much exactly the same as every other sorc out there is a bit of pain.

At least thats one thing Rift got right...

Well... I suppose if BW did like EQ2 or Rift and gave us costume slots, all these problems would be solved - right??

Hold the phones bud... Are you saying that we can have the same high rez textures as in those movie trailers now??? If so, I may give a few kudo points to BW... Please elaborate on what you just said - thanks :)

Not the CGI movie trailers, the in-game cutscenes, didn't you notice the difference in quality, in and out of cutscenes?

Needless to say the High res textures look fantastic.

Well... I suppose if BW did like EQ2 or Rift and gave us costume slots, all these problems would be solved - right??

Well wouldnt it ? you could express yourself, and have a sense of uniqueness in the game rather than the feeling of just being a mirror image of every other player that happens to be the same class as you..

Costume slots and craftable dyes would work just as well as they do in Rift etc.

Edited by Darkness_au

wonder why you can't change your companions appearance too. Corso looks like a jigsaw puzzle. that sucks

Same problem here. He's got 4 different colours going. I could swear I saw that we could hide companions' head slot and match hue but I must've hallucinated that out of pure want.

/slap self

Why are you being so mean to him? So he misread something - and you never did? Man, you ppl really need to learn to be nice to one another here...

We wish. It's apparently "cool" to be a jerk these days. Only thing I can think of is to lead by example. Might not work but at least some of us won't be acting like a bunch of spoilt brats.

Well, I guess it's time to hit the Suggestion board and beg for companion hide helm and match hue. :)

Yeah, too bad these textures and match to chest were already in beta.

Thanks Bioware for giving us content you took away at launch for no reason.

Have you tried it? Because if you had you would know it is not the same as it was in Beta.