HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

didnt even know there was a pvp requirement.

THIS IS AWESOME :D

Maybe breathe a little life back into the world pvp area there. Be nice to see WHAAAA lvl 50 camping me! in chat again, then people ganging up to kill him :D WEEE.

^ People like this are the reason why the OP made this thread.

I agree with the OP, this should not have been forced on people; there will most likely be griefers camping the vendor...

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys. It's a game. No one will control TOD for long anyway, and there will be plenty of opportunity for those who loathe PVP to sneak in there and get what they need.

As for The Ebon Hawk, a few of us are going to use this opportunity to pull the whole community together in a massive RP-PVP event. I think it could be awesome.

This is really a cool aspect of the HK-51 quest. Here's to hoping it goes live with this requirement in it!

Come on guys. It's a game. No one will control TOD for long anyway, and there will be plenty of opportunity for those who loathe PVP to sneak in there and get what they need.

As for The Ebon Hawk, a few of us are going to use this opportunity to pull the whole community together in a massive RP-PVP event. I think it could be awesome.

This is really a cool aspect of the HK-51 quest. Here's to hoping it goes live with this requirement in it!

What about those who just want to go to the vendor and go?

I have an alt on Ebon Hawk, but in general, for instances like this I normally just skip the RP and just get on with the task that I have. Not saying what you are doing is wrong, it's just that won't people get pulled into it? AoE'n the vendor and so forth.

Edited by Eillack

Does anyone remember the WB during the rakghoul event?

And yes you had to kill the wb to get the title lol

I am on a pve server by the way, we would group up in 24 man groups go in there and grief the Pubs until they gave up and then we would kill the boss. If our group wasn't big enough they would come back and do the same to us. I was out there everyday it was awesome.

I expect this to be the same, Large groups made up to go grab the item while groups are camping to grief.

Yes you will probably need to grab some friends or guildies to go out there with you but it will not break the quest line imo .

I bet most of the complaining will be from people killing the vendor so no one can get the item more so then killing the other players.

Edited by Brat-a-tat-

As an avid PvP and as someone who has as much right to get a companion as everyone else - why should I be FORCED to take part in PvE content to get this new content?

I'm geared for PvP, so why should I be griefed by the literally "loads" of creatures in the heroic instances that I am being FORCED to complete to get HK-51

It's simply not fair. I come here to PvP, I should not be forced to become cannon-fodder for creatures and monsters whoa re griefing me in a heroic zone. I will not stand for it!!!!

This could be the last straw!

You going to take HK to warzones?... naa... maybe you will take him to ilum?

Oh, thats right, HK is a PVE item.... :rolleyes:

You going to take HK to warzones?... naa... maybe you will take him to ilum?

Oh, thats right, HK is a PVE item.... :rolleyes:

Just like every other item in that last 2 content updates so quit complaining about having to talk to a vendor you pve cry cries.

Should we really see a few weeks PvP in the outlaw's den it would be nice, but eventually it will die down again, and people can get their HK-51 stuff there without much trouble.

PvP, players are forced to do PvE content to get HK-51, so it is not asked too much that PvE players go nto a zone where PvP might happen to get him, it's just fair (actually it is still more in favour of the PvE players, since plenty of them will not have to fight when no one is around there).

PvP is an important part of most MMOs including this one. The game needs PvP $$ as much as it needs PvE $$. However placing PvE content in a PvP zone is not the way to promote PvP. It only annoys people who don't want to PvP and encourages griefing. To promote PvP there should be some PvP-centric incentive and not being a PvPer I'll leave the suggestions for what that should be to others.

There is no other PvE content in the game that requires entry to a PvP zone. There was the world boss during the Rakghoul event, which I also believe should not have been placed there, and there was one republic side heroic on Nar Shaddaa that required passage through a PvP zone, but that was fixed a long time ago. For those who suggest that companion quests or datacrons require passge through a PvP zone I will tell them to look again - there is always an alternate route.

I agree with the OP that this vendor NPC should be moved to a different area that does not involve PvP flagging. Alienating large sections of your playerbase by mixing PvE and PvP content is a suicidal move in a game that is bleeding players as much as this one is.

P.S. Thanks to all the posters who once again reminded me if why I do not like to PvP in MMOs.

The responses here are pretty much absurd.

1. PVPers calling the PVE folks crybabies because they don't want to go into a PVP area to get a PVE companion.

2. PVPers comparing the fact that they have to go through PVE content to get the same item, so it's only fair.

3. PVE folks pointing out that griefing will very likely happen, and the PVP folks 100% admitting that they will be the ones to do it.

4. PVPers saying that because someone doesn't PVP, then they don't belong in an MMO.

5. PVPers complaining that all the new content is for PVE and they only change things for that.

These comments are just baffling to me. My responses:

1. HK-51 is a PVE companion (as has been pointed out several times). So, PVE folks shouldn't have to go into a PVP area to get a part, even if it is for just a minute or two. And yes, PVPers, if you want a PVE companion, then you should have to do some PVE content to get it.

2. And complaining that you're forced to PVE too much as it is? Really? That's where the content comes from. That's where the stories and the characters and the classes come from. You want to just randomly kill each other without any of that in a game? Go play a FPS.

3. There are different types of servers for folks who have different play styles. If people are on a PVP server, then they have no room to complain about having to go to a PVP area, since all areas are PVP areas. However, for those on a PVE server, that was a choice. It means that we don't want to PVP when we're just trying to get some questing finished; and if we want to PVP we can hop in a warzone or flag ourselves. Not to mention that several of you have already said you're planning to camp the vendor and actively stop people from getting the item. Which for those of us that have limited time to play the game as it is, so we would want to get in and get the item and move on with the quest, now we can't. Because you want to be a jerk. What you're saying is that you want to stop people from having fun. In a game. That's how you get your rocks off. Possibly because you are bullied in your real life, so you try to take it out on other people in a game. Congrats, you're awesome.

4. MMO does not mean PVP. There are plenty of things to do with other people in this game outside of PVP. Heroics, grouping for fun, Operations, etc. But that doesn't count for you guys for some reason, because it's not PVP, so it's not really MMO content, right? People play a MMO for many reasons. One of those reasons is to just be in a world where other people are also doing the same thing, and to see those other people on the screen. Maybe chat a bit with folks who are also playing. Not just to go fight with/against other players.

5. How many changes have been made to classes as a result of PVPers complaining about how OP one class is vs. another class. So, the devs change abilities, specifically for PVP crybabies. And those changes often have negative impacts in PVE. But no, no one EVER listens to you PVPers. It's just PVE all the time...

Bottom line is, if you want to PVP, play on a PVP server or queue for a warzone. PVE players shouldn't be forced to PVP if they don't want to. Even if it is for just a brief period of time to get one part to continue with more PVE content.

Edited by AMulls

the responses here are pretty much absurd.

1. Pvpers calling the pve folks crybabies because they don't want to go into a pvp area to get a pve companion.

2. Pvpers comparing the fact that they have to go through pve content to get the same item, so it's only fair.

3. Pve folks pointing out that griefing will very likely happen, and the pvp folks 100% admitting that they will be the ones to do it.

4. Pvpers saying that because someone doesn't pvp, then they don't belong in an mmo.

5. Pvpers complaining that all the new content is for pve and they only change things for that.

These comments are just baffling to me. My responses:

1. Hk-51 is a pve companion (as has been pointed out several times). So, pve folks shouldn't have to go into a pvp area to get a part, even if it is for just a minute or two. And yes, pvpers, if you want a pve companion, then you should have to do some pve content to get it.

2. And complaining that you're forced to pve too much as it is? Really? That's where the content comes from. That's where the stories and the characters and the classes come from. You want to just randomly kill each other without any of that in a game? Go play a fps.

3. There are different types of servers for folks who have different play styles. If people are on a pvp server, then they have no room to complain about having to go to a pvp area, since all areas are pvp areas. However, for those on a pve server, that was a choice. It means that we don't want to pvp when we're just trying to get some questing finished; and if we want to pvp we can hop in a warzone or flag ourselves. Not to mention that several of you have already said you're planning to camp the vendor and actively stop people from getting the item. Which for those of us that have limited time to play the game as it is, so we would want to get in and get the item and move on with the quest, now we can't. Because you want to be a jerk. What you're saying is that you want to stop people from having fun. In a game. That's how you get your rocks off. Possibly because you are bullied in your real life, so you try to take it out on other people in a game. Congrats, you're awesome.

4. Mmo does not mean pvp. There are plenty of things to do with other people in this game outside of pvp. Heroics, grouping for fun, operations, etc. But that doesn't count for you guys for some reason, because it's not pvp, so it's not really mmo content, right? People play a mmo for many reasons. One of those reasons is to just be in a world where other people are also doing the same thing, and to see those other people on the screen. Maybe chat a bit with folks who are also playing. Not just to go fight with/against other players.

5. How many changes have been made to classes as a result of pvpers complaining about how op one class is vs. Another class. So, the devs change abilities, specifically for pvp crybabies. And those changes often have negative impacts in pve. But no, no one ever listens to you pvpers. It's just pve all the time...

Bottom line is, if you want to pvp, play on a pvp server or queue for a warzone. Pve players shouldn't be forced to pvp if they don't want to. Even if it is for just a brief period of time to get one part to continue with more pve content.

^ and all of this ^

Currently one of the requirements for the HK-51 is to go into a PVP Zone. A Free-For-All PVP Zone at that. The Outlaw's Den. The requirement is that you go there to a vendor and purchase one or two items needed for the HK-51 quest. The vendor is the Collector Kezzit. In doing so you are putting yourself in a Free-For-All PVP situation.

This isn't an issue at all. It's trivial to get into and out of OLD at the right times of day. Also, once you interact with the vendor you won't be able to be attacked. So run in, interact with the vendor, get your items, DIE, rez at med center, win. :rolleyes:

A lot of peeps some to be speaking for entire segments of play groups. So... I will speak for myself. I'm a PvE player. I rarely pvp, (only once during the Rak event that I can remember). But, if getting HK51 requires some PvP action, I will do it without issue. It's part of the quest line so no problem. I'm not being forced to do anything because it is my choice to participate. Plus, I won't be alone. Me and my guildies are going to be running this together when it goes live. So... who cares. It's not like they are asking me to dominate a warzone by myself.

Take it easy PvE'rs it will be alright. You will find like minded peeps that will take on the cause to help you should you run into griefers. And PvPs... so you have to do some quests. Big deal. Shouldn't be a problem if you have skills.

This isn't an issue at all. It's trivial to get into and out of OLD at the right times of day. Also, once you interact with the vendor you won't be able to be attacked. So run in, interact with the vendor, get your items, DIE, rez at med center, win. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, if you die before getting to the vendor, you'll have some stealth time to get closer. Really don't see why people are making such a big deal about this.

Not to mention, if you die before getting to the vendor, you'll have some stealth time to get closer. Really don't see why people are making such a big deal about this.

Indeed. I see no problem with this and regular readers of these forums know I am not a big PvPer and look down on "griefers and gankers". I know that there will be a higher probability of "unsavory" action at the release of 1.5 that will die down as time goes on. So for those that are concerned, wait a bit to do this quest line and you will not have as many problems, or go early in the morning when less players are online. There are so many ways to "work around" the "PvP requirement" that it is beyond ridiculous to QQ over this part of the HK-51 quest. :cool:

Edited by Urael

I can get in and out without meeting anyone on my server pretty much any time. What I dislike about this set up is the way PvP douchebags come in here to troll anyone who doesn't especially care for PvP.

Because I know that will translate to PvP griefing ("in good fun!" "it's part of the game!" etc.) in-game in no time flat.

Edited by Uluain

To all those saying that a companion is not a PvP content... please get serious.

I PvP only since some month due to my PvE guild having left, but i will still roll an imp char and get HK -51.

Why?

Did you see his trade skill bonuses?

Breaking news, PvP players are actually engaged in gathering/crafting activities.

^ nailed it

I love this idea idea from bioware. See you in the outlaws den carebears;) Will be good fun for a couple weeks!:rak_03:

Given that people like you are here to gank, have fun ganking people who don't have patience to wait people like you out or happen to go when the majority of you are not online. I suspect you won't find as many people to gank as you are hoping for. Have fun waiting for someone to come into your web but, bring a snack or you may go hungry. :p

Anyone want to start running protection against griefers?

We should plan bodyguard times (we'd need at least 10 good PvP players or 20 decent ones) and then protect people from being ganked.

Heh, you should charge a protection "fee". :D

For those that remember the difficulty of killing the WB in TOD, it is easy to understand the concern that some people may have. I was in a group that tried for 40 minutes to take down that WB without success because the Imps kept attacking during the fight. When we would get close to killing the WB, they would keep taunting it away so that it would reset.

Some people get a kick out of griefing others and this quest is set up for the griefers to have a field day. When they see that they are loosing their fight, to keep their jollies going they will just kill the vendor and make you have to wait for it to respawn.

BW needs to pay closer attention to the problems that certain game mechanics play into their patch contents. This is gonna get ugly.

For those that remember the difficulty of killing the WB in TOD, it is easy to understand the concern that some people may have. I was in a group that tried for 40 minutes to take down that WB without success because the Imps kept attacking during the fight. When we would get close to killing the WB, they would keep taunting it away so that it would reset.

Some people get a kick out of griefing others and this quest is set up for the griefers to have a field day. When they see that they are loosing their fight, to keep their jollies going they will just kill the vendor and make you have to wait for it to respawn.

BW needs to pay closer attention to the problems that certain game mechanics play into their patch contents. This is gonna get ugly.

In the case of Urtagh, the infected Bantha, much of the fuss was because had a respawn timer. The new vendor isn't killable.

Since it requires having to go to a pvp area I will not do it. I don't pvp and I don't feel the need to be ganked just to get a part. Not everyone likes to pvp and not everyone can come on when there is no one on to get the part. it's one thing on a pvp server but totally different on a non pvp server.

If everyone wants to make fun and call people names because they don't like to pvp feel free because that must make you all feel good just because someone doesn't like to pvp.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

^ nailed it

I love this idea idea from bioware. See you in the outlaws den carebears;) Will be good fun for a couple weeks!:rak_03:

This proves my point exactly. This is why the PVE folks are annoyed.

It's not that I'm concerned about going into a PVP area to get the piece. I'm certain I can hold my own. It's that clowns like you, with nothing better to do with your time than camp in an area and wait for people to come in, with the sole purpose of griefing them, make the game unenjoyable.

It's one thing if people happen to arrive at the vendor at the same time and duel to see who goes first or battle it out and move on or have a battle for fun. But for some people to sit there and continually kill someone over and over to keep them from getting one small, but required, piece in a quest chain is annoying. Especially when I don't have the time to keep respawning because some level 50 is bored and wants to keep my level 30 toon from reaching his objective.