Bioware-Nightmare title runs?

With the level cap increase the title runs would be trivial if not limited to level 50's. It would not be out of the ordinary in gaming history to remove the title runs. What is extremely difficult at level 50 would be a walk in the park at level 55. Edited by Morningbob

They are already walk in the parks. The only exception is NiM EC which is more progression than "title run".

True with EV and KP. I'm more concerned with EC, very few actually have the title. I would hate to see it go, but would also hate to see it marginalized.

With the level cap increase the title runs would be trivial if not limited to level 50's. It would not be out of the ordinary in gaming history to remove the title runs. What is extremely difficult at level 50 would be a walk in the park at level 55.

And you were expecting what exactly from a vertical progression game?

Get serious for a second and think about this: Would you, as a paying customer, like to see content being removed thus denying your future characters the ability to access that content?

I for one would not.

As for the titles: grow up, grow a pair and stop concerning yourself with the opinions of others. If you got the title 10 months ago in a Columi/Rakata mix and little Jimmy got it yesterday in full DG - who the hell cares? I certainly don't, it's doubtful that little Jimmy does too and you shouldn't if you're not an attention wh*re. If you are and you do - tough luck.

Edited by slafko

And you were expecting what exactly from a vertical progression game?

Get serious for a second and think about this: Would you, as a paying customer, like to see content being removed thus denying your future characters the ability to access that content?

I for one would not.

As for the titles: grow up, grow a pair and stop concerning yourself with the opinions of others. If you got the title 10 months ago in a Columi/Rakata mix and little Jimmy got it yesterday in full DG - who the hell cares? I certainly don't, it's doubtful that little Jimmy does too and you shouldn't if you're not an attention wh*re. If you are and you do - tough luck.

Maybe your should reread the post. I do not want the title runs to go, hence asking the question. I couldn't care less who has or doesn't have the title. I want to know for my own joy of playing the game that I cleared the content at its hardest not when it was a walk in the park. You are the one that started comparing and measuring, so please go troll another thread so hopefully Bioware will not ignore this thread.

To be more clear, our guild does not yet have this title, but we are busting our balls trying to get it before next week, because we do not know what is going to happen. We would like to have the title obviously. I could see bioware removing it which would suck. What we need to know is if it is going to remain and is it going to limit to 50's. Why do we want to know this? Well if its going to limit to 50's, we will have to make the decision of either holding off hitting Makeb and the expansion so we stay at 50 for the run, or forget the title and move to the new content. This would also affect our play over the next week or so as we are getting as much practice time to smooth out kephess as possible. If it is going to say under some condition we can move our focus eslewhere, ex leveling alts, helping guildies level etc. So really just trying to plan.

I doubt they will remove the title, Pre 1.2 getting infernal or unyielding was an accomplishment, when our guild finally obtained it we had a celebration. It was something to really be proud of. Now infernal and unyielding are pugable. I expect the same thing to happen with NiM EC. There will be a new title with TFB NiM, assuming BW follows their pattern and eventually when NiM SV comes it will have one as well.

In some ways its kinda of sad but its the way of progression, I enjoy having the title and full DG but in 2 weeks it won't mean much except to myself but we get to start over again and have new accomplishments.

It's not about attention whoring. My guild got our Warstalker titles months ago. And to this day, we're still the only guild to have it on Pub side. We spent hours, days, and weeks getting our ish together to make it happen. Why would I want someone to just get Dread gear from basic comms, to just go in there and get the same title? Seems ridiculous to me. Especially when I look back and remember the excitement that came from it. Attention whoring? You couldn't be more wrong.

It's not about attention whoring. My guild got our Warstalker titles months ago. And to this day, we're still the only guild to have it on Pub side. We spent hours, days, and weeks getting our ish together to make it happen. Why would I want someone to just get Dread gear from basic comms, to just go in there and get the same title? Seems ridiculous to me. Especially when I look back and remember the excitement that came from it. Attention whoring? You couldn't be more wrong.

And whenever NiM TFB goes in with their title, you can again be the only guild on your side of your server with the title for THAT. Following level raise or gear progression, timed or completion run titles become little more than RP, nostalgia or Epeen (in the last case, if it's taken away). Get over it. Some of them are pretty cool titles. There's very little point to spending actual time to remove it other than to make it so you can pretend it's some grand accomplishment 3 years from now when you're trying to prove what a hardcore bad***** you are.

Obviously only my personal opinion, but you want to continue self-identifying as awesome? Keep doing the content that proves you are current in your "awesomeness". Let those who just like the title have theirs too.

Me personally? I may or may not have mine at some point in the future. Not because I don't have the skill, but because we dealt with some suboptimal turnover issues at critical points in the progression timeline.

Basically my opinion is LEAVE THEM IN. They don't hurt ANYONE except those who's sense of self-worth is linked to e-peen waggling (you don't work that thing out, and it'll fall off anyway).

You don't want other people to have it because you got it when it was hard and you think other people doing it at 55 will devalue it in some way? Pretty sure that's exactly what he means by attention whoring. It doesn't matter if other people get it at 55, or 60, or 70, or whatever, it doesn't take anything away from you. There aren't a limited number of warstalker titles per server, you won't have to defend yours in the thunderdome.

these timed runs are pretty trivial anyways. Everyone should be trying to clear this easy content fast already. The longest one is NMM EC and that only takes 45 mins. I honestly don't think bioware could make this content any easier for people to get these free titles.

What does it matter to you how someone else got their title? :confused: