why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

skiibyrd

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, they may be introducing a new area or they may change the existing PVP area, that is true, we'll all find out soon.

Second, all the people calling out for PVE players to put on recruit gear are smacked in the head. Recruit gear is garbage. Any PVE player who is in at least Rakata is already doing better than what little bit recruit gives with its meager stats.

Third, all of this would nearly be a non-issue if the ridiculously divisive Expertise stat didn't exist in the first place. I have no problem getting jumped by another player if we are on fairly even terms and I have a chance to defend myself. Getting jumped by someone who deflects 30% of my damage and puts out 30% more of his own turns it so one-sided that it's only fun for the guy in PVP armor.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Expertise should be removed. It divides the player base, creates an unnecessary barrier for either side to cross over and causes elitism. Any PVP worth their salt and shure of their PVP talents would agree. All this garbage about not wanting end game PVE players to come in and beat them up is just that; garbage. Any person who calls themselves a PVP'er and says that should be ashamed, because what they are really saying is that it's the Expertise stat and not their skill and experience that is earning them kills.

I have no idea what your LOTRO example is, I simply don't want to go into a PvP area to get PvE rewards. I don't like PvP outside of warzones and, even then, I don't go into warzones anymore. Haven't for months and have absolutely no desire to.

Again, if it's PvE content in an auto-flagging PvP area, I'll skip it, but I will not be happy about it.

If it's how it is in other games you shouldn't.. It should be for PvP.

Unless of course Bioware EA is simply giving up on RvR in SWTOR and making Ilum PvE only.

Edited by Goretzu

How about this ( and i am sad and disappointed that I didn't see this suggestion sooner ) :

BW puts the event on the Western Shelf of Ilum without the PvP auto-flag

On a PvP server, people show up, stuff happens, people have fun, people get stuff

On a PvE server, people show up, stuff happens, people have fun, people get stuff.

In both instances, everyone is enjoying the event, getting stuff, having fun. On a PvP server, i would assume PvP would happen. On a PvE server, I assume the same. The people who like PvP on a PvE server could flag if they wanted and probably find others of the same mind set.

Everyone is still winning, no one is forced to do anything, people are happy, subscribers keep paying.

Any flaws in this?

^.^

Blasphemy!You will be assimilated:mad:Actually it is a very good idea.I pvp but do it by choice.Stories crafting and then PVP are what I do for fun.In that order.People play games for fun at least I do.No need to push people into something they aren't interested in.

Its been said before - this event will bring nothing essential (!) to the player, because Makeb is coming with its increased level cap. So if you want the new shiny items, then you PvP. Sorry, but if you're throwing tantrums over the only bone the PvP community has been thrown since the release of the game (Ancient Hypergate notwithstanding), then you need to re-evaluate why you play the game in the first place...

How about this ( and i am sad and disappointed that I didn't see this suggestion sooner ) :

BW puts the event on the Western Shelf of Ilum without the PvP auto-flag

On a PvP server, people show up, stuff happens, people have fun, people get stuff

On a PvE server, people show up, stuff happens, people have fun, people get stuff.

In both instances, everyone is enjoying the event, getting stuff, having fun. On a PvP server, i would assume PvP would happen. On a PvE server, I assume the same. The people who like PvP on a PvE server could flag if they wanted and probably find others of the same mind set.

Everyone is still winning, no one is forced to do anything, people are happy, subscribers keep paying.

Any flaws in this?

^.^

I'm not suggesting that here because it was suggested in threads about the HK-51 questline that perhaps it should be instanced for us solo players that don't want to group, however many PVE people were just, stuff you suck it up and group, some of them that are posting here were saying that. Well what goes around comes around karma is a b***h.

Well don't expect me to support their cause if they trash other suggestions.

Frankly all I am seeing in this thread is one section of the base expecting to be able to do all events their way. There are many people playing this game in various styles yet PvPers weren't shouting, as far as I know, at the last Gree event where there was no PvP. Similarly there are apparently 4 reputations, only one of which seems to be affected by PvP, but that's not enough for PVE people.

Sad that they believe that their way is the only way to play an MMO, or at least the only area in which a game should be developed.

Edited by mothear

what u say is that the game wil go pvp directions.. aka autoflag.... then i have sadly to avoid it.. and if many avoid the thing wil fail... only a small amounts of people who are like you who are into killing low geared players...

l

Yeah okay. Everyone who will enjoy this event is just a bunch of griefers. Go ahead and believe that fantasy. PVPers are finally getting a bone thrown to them and all you can do is whine and throw a tantrum like a little child. Pathetic.

I'm not suggesting that here because it was suggested in threads about the HK-51 questline that perhaps it should be instanced for us solo players that don't want to group, however many PVE people were just, stuff you suck it up and group, some of them that are posting here were saying that. Well what goes around comes around karma is a b***h.

Well don't expect me to support their cause if they trash other suggestions.

Frankly all I am seeing in this thread is one section of the base expecting to be able to do all events their way. There are many people playing this game in various styles yet PvPers weren't shouting, as far as I know, at the last Gree event where there was no PvP. Similarly there are apparently 4 reputations, only one of which seems to be affected by PvP, but that's not enough for PVE people.

Sad that they believe that their way is the only way to play an MMO, or at least the only area in which a game should be developed.

Unfortunetly this happens in EVERY MMO I've ever played. They pulled this same exact garbage in SWG. It's why it's very hard for players like me who have been down this road countless times to have any respect for them. They are the most selfish bunch of players you can find anywhere and I wish they would all go back to WOW and stay there.

Edited by oslek

*Prepare yourself for PvP (and if your playing on a PvP server, then please DO NOT complain about open world PvP, its what you chose to do)

I play on a PvE server, so what I chose to do is to not do PvP.

*Practice, and play some PvP matches... it isnt brain science

Why? I don't enjoy PvP at all in games like SWTOR, why should I be forced to do it? I chose a server that was PvE because it meant PvP was an optional side that I could ignore completely (except that will no longer be the case).

its all over every planet, everywhere already!! lol, you go through numberous PvP areas through the course of leveling, so no, its not an issue.

No you don't, an area where you can PvP if you choose to be flagged and the other player also chooses to be flagged is not a PvP area. The number of times I have entered an area where I could be involved in PvP is 1. That was when getting the HK-51 part from Outlaw's den. It is an issue.

Lets make this clear. I don't like PvP in this game, I don't want to do PvP in this game and I chose a PvE server so that I would not need to go near PvP in this game.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

I am PvE only player and I would have no problems if this event was indeed PvP only. During the PvE events, PvPers were forced to either do PvE for a bit or pass any rewards. This time, if I'd have to pass the rewards (ain't no way to make me PvP), I will have no problems doing so. Can't please everybody.

Have fun beating each other! Go Republic!

Not true. If people flag for PvP then the "PvE content" for the event instantly becomes "PvP content" because you can be attacked by other players while doing it.

Yeah okay. Everyone who will enjoy this event is just a bunch of griefers. Go ahead and believe that fantasy. PVPers are finally getting a bone thrown to them and all you can do is whine and throw a tantrum like a little child. Pathetic.

Maybe you dont listen enough.. all we said is that on PvE server we want not be autoflagged =)

if YOU like PvP there is a PvP server.. why you want to hard that we PvEers MUST get this on our servers?

whos the pathetic now?

Maybe you dont listen enough.. all we said is that on PvE server we want not be autoflagged =)

if YOU like PvP there is a PvP server.. why you want to hard that we PvEers MUST get this on our servers?

whos the pathetic now?

PvE doesn't mean that it doesn't welcome PvP. Just like PvP doesn't mean you can't PvE and can't expect to do OPS. It's like complaining about being killed in warzone. If the zone flags you for pvp don't go there just like you don't visit WZ.

From what I understand PvP will be part of main challenge of this event. If you remove PvP you remove main challenge and possibly breaking your immersion as imperial/republic players will wave at you and smile while you do your things. Why do you feel you are forced to do this event if it's clearly a PvP event and challenge is in PvP?

I play on a PvE server, so what I chose to do is to not do PvP.

Why? I don't enjoy PvP at all in games like SWTOR, why should I be forced to do it? I chose a server that was PvE because it meant PvP was an optional side that I could ignore completely (except that will no longer be the case).

You can still ignore it.

You can still ignore it.

Basicly you say:

Right you joined a PvE server .. now Bioware continues bringing in AUTOFLAG on PvE server .. there is new content but if u dont want to PvP you have to ignore the new PvE gear (( gear without expertise )).

Wow what is is? this is just stupid... either the Illum 1.7 event items should have expertise OR we dont want to get autoflagged... IF the gear has expertise.. i would not complain. because if you want PvP gear then u have to pvp right...

Simple as it is:

There should be no autoflag on PvE servers.. nuf said

So let me get this straight: it's a PVP event in which main challenge will be PVP in a PVP zone and you want to shaft PvPers on your server, because you don't want to ignore a PVP focused event and basically want free stuff without challenge? Ha.

Good thing I'm on PvP server and don't have to worry about PvErs who go into places they shouldn't be and get their hands burnt. I feel sorry for PvPers on those servers tho, but I guess that's what you get if you don't like World PvP and roll on PvE server.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

As a player on a PvE server, I disagree.

Open world pvp designated zones help bring the game world alive.

Youre on wrong server then?

I dont get why people join PvE servers and then want to turn them into PvP server.. ***?

Next thing i will hear is " Hey pls remove peacezones from RP server so i can grief everyone there " or what?

Also, who tells me you're no lying and secretly you're on PvP server?

So let me get this straight: it's a PVP event in which main challenge will be PVP in a PVP zone and you want to shaft PvPers on your server, because you don't want to ignore a PVP focused event and basically want free stuff without challenge? Ha.

Good thing I'm on PvP server and don't have to worry about PvErs who go into places they shouldn't be and get their hands burnt. I feel sorry for PvPers on those servers tho, but I guess that's what you get if you don't like World PvP and roll on PvE server.

Now listen up. i never claimed to be someone who seeks challenge, i play STAR WARS because i like the story , i want to play many alternative characters and i want to chat with my friends while we do OPS and stuff.

IF i want challenge i can unequip my gear and join warzones...lol

BUT no, i dont want challenge ... im a Star Wars fan.. not a PvP fan.. easy that is...

And its a shame that people who strictly/or partially want to avoid open PvP ( getting ganked by Overgeared ) HAVE TO be autoflagged only in order to get items that are NOT PvP themed.

But what i see here si that many people cant wait to test their gear on lowgeared player when they try the new event to get the PvE items...

imagine this:

Me and some friends who have only recruit gear go to this event.... to get the PvE items... then there comes a GUILD where everyone has Elite Warhero stuff..or whateveris higher .. then they molest us... and we cant complete event...

On what server we can go then to avoid this?

That wil be the point ( especially for new players ) where they quit and play something else.

Not talking about me but ive seen it before.

Why dont you try our shoes?

Make a new account, wear only recruit gear and join lvl 50 Warzones... most fo teh matches u get ganked by elite players...

now imagine this on the event.... -.-

Overgeared player wil become gods... nice.. why dont they get GM status then.. and kill everyone with /kill -.-

Oh and im not crying.. what i do is predicting...

Edited by Prysha

Now listen up. i never claimed to be someone who seeks challenge, i play STAR WARS because i like the story , i want to play many alternative characters and i want to chat with my friends while we do OPS and stuff.

IF i want challenge i can unequip my gear and join warzones...lol

BUT no, i dont want challenge ... im a Star Wars fan.. not a PvP fan.. easy that is...

And its a shame that people who strictly/or partially want to avoid open PvP ( getting ganked by Overgeared ) HAVE TO be autoflagged only in order to get items that are NOT PvP themed.

Events usually mean that there's some challenge involved(be it hard PvE boss or other players) and if you complete that challenge you get awarded with event items. If you don't complete this challenge or like you said you aren't a person who seeks challenges you don't do it and you are you are not rewarded for the event. Why can't you ignore the event if you don't seek challenge and don't like to pvp, which this event will bring?

Define PvP themed items. Expertise? That's a bad indication. Some items such as pet, mount, 10-49 armors don't have expertise, but you are required to do pvp to get them. Here I will give you definition of PvP item: pvp themed item is an item which requires you to defeat other players in pvp. Illum 1.7 is a pvp event thus items you get in this event will be pvp themed items. Why you can't ignore the autoflag zone(SWTOR has already auto flag zone btw. It's not new thing.) in pvp event just like you ignore warzones and part of current Illum?

Edited by MelodicSixNine

It may be on the Western Shelf, but that doesn't mean it's a PvP event. It's also coming in with the reputation system, which is generally geared toward PvE'rs. The reputation system pictures I have seen includes the Gree and Voss.

With the HK event, I waited weeks until the rush was over to go to the Outlaw's Den to get what I needed. HK is an on-going quest with no end time. This Gree event will have a hard end-time meaning, if there is PvE content in the PvP area, I'll have to skip this event. This bothers me, because I enjoy PvE content and have long since stopped going into warzones. I've had players try to initiate open world fighting by jumping into my mobs and hoping I click on their companion or my companion attacks. It is really, really annoying when I'm trying to complete my PvE quests. If I wanted to PvP, I would flag myself.

In short, with the information at hand, it's hard to know with one-hundred percent certainty that is PvE content in a PvP area or a purely PvP event. If this is purely a PvP event, then I can skip it quite happily. If it's PvE content in an auto-flagging PvP area, I will skip the event, but I will not be happy about it.

Reputation: You will have 4 factions at start, only ONE (Gree) of them is known to be affected by the Western Ice shelf (PvP area) missions. Others are very likely going to be focused on Section X and Belsavis, Voss, and Space

Time limit: This event will go on for a whole year and will be added to progressively. If you attempt to tell me you will not be able to put together a group of players to help you (even PvE players, ganker will already probably lose vs 2 Campaign+ geared people), then you are really anti-social person :tran_smile:

HK Part can be easily circumvented by paying for a Legacy Outlaw Den shuttle perk, which drops you right next to the Jawa you need to see.

However, I see you had some crappy experience with PvP jerks (jumping into your mobs, etc). Believe me, not all PvP people are the same, what you see is very small minority which gets some weird pleasure from killing undergeared players (it does not reward anything, so I really do not see the point)

you dont have to fight back ... get a guild group and just stick together 1 Ganker will not attack 4 campaign geared players he will lose (he will lose vs 2 most of the time )

Thank you, a voice of reason. Gankers do not attack groups, as it is pretty hard to recognize PvP/PvE people by gear nowadays. Getting a guild to aid in this area will reduce any ganking to minimum