[VIDEO] Ability Failure to Fire Bug

SOULCASTER

So obviously the animation isn't playing, but do we know no damage is being dealt? Just thinking it may be helpful to compare with the combat log.

It happens the same with healing on my sage, and its not just the animations missing, it uses the GCD and no health is added to my target. And I don't mean every once in a while, I mean at least 5-6 times a warzone. Missing that Bubble+HoT is gamebreaking in PvP, you don't get another 1.5 seconds to try again.

What drives me bananas though is when your character does the animation as well, so you assume its lag and wait for the Channel or Cast to hit, but it never does and you just wasted 3-4 seconds.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to discredit your video, but I couldn't tell any misfiring. The way you were dancing around the screen it was hard to keep up with what your character was doing, let along seeing if one missed. Maybe when I get home I can take a better look to see it, but I feel that this issue could have been demonstrated better (assuming that this video does show abilities misfiring).

AS REQUESTED!!! Here is a new and improved video 1080HD:

My guildmate Sabre, tanking for me, while I spam attacks.

ORIGINAL POST WAS ALSO UPDATED WITH THIS LINK!

Edited by SOULCASTER

Much clearer. Thanks.

I see what you mean now and it is clear as day for any devs that happen to be watching this thread.

Yeah, that really needs to be fixed.

CoH had similar problems back in the day. They managed to fix it. I'm sure BioWare can too.

:cool:

Big improvement, it was very easy to tell the misfires. Hopefully this gets some attention and is worked on.

Aside from general lag/responsiveness issues, which have gotten much worse in 2.0, my personal favorite is when DPSing on my sage I will hit sever force, it will go on a 9s cooldown, but the DoT will not be applied. I haven't captured it on video yet, but broken is broken, and needs to be fixed soon.

Aside from general lag/responsiveness issues, which have gotten much worse in 2.0, my personal favorite is when DPSing on my sage I will hit sever force, it will go on a 9s cooldown, but the DoT will not be applied. I haven't captured it on video yet, but broken is broken, and needs to be fixed soon.

Yeah this is likely the same exact issue that i have videoed here.

Thank you for posting this. I have kind of lost hope at this point with them ever fixing it. It has been in the game since beta. For another example of it happening, use an ability with a fast cool down such as a biochem reusable stim. Just use it over and over and watch how every couple of uses it will misfiire.

Meh, if you don't die from it, how is it game-breaking?

Annoying, yes. Game-breaking? Doesn't look like it.

Happens to me sometimes too. I hate it. But it doesn't break the game for me. I hope Bioware fixes it.

It is game breaking esp in PVP where secs matter, or in PVE when you cant heal for 3 to 5 secs.

Meh, if you don't die from it, how is it game-breaking?

Annoying, yes. Game-breaking? Doesn't look like it.

Happens to me sometimes too. I hate it. But it doesn't break the game for me. I hope Bioware fixes it.

I have died several times in 1v1 in pvp warzones from this. As a healer I have also had teammates die because they did not get the heal i was casting, and when I went to re-cast it after the delay they were dead.

You simply can not have any of your abilities failing to fire or have a delay in a competitive PvP environment (or PVE for that matter).