Resize new varactyls!

saremun

Hi, as the titles says it, iam one of those body type 3 dudes who have been totaly screwed and left out with this mount, i dont like Tauntauns or the Dwebacks and since BW is releasing New/more Varactyl mounts i hope you guys do something about it. may be you can design Varactyl mounts which would scale according to the body type?

After all you can't be a horse rider while riding a dog...

BTW, All what i wrote above is directed towards Bioware, kinda a request really, I know some of you like them as they are and they cant be better..etc

Lizard is too small... but don't you think that future resize will make all that spend real money for first edition feel very bad?

Either resize them all ... or not at all.

Oh hell yeah man, i wished to get the Orginal Varactyl with the Orginal colors from the pack so resizing that one too would be great BUT we all know how BW works, don't we?

Screenie or its not true :op.

There you go..

http://s18.postimg.org/l71bclmrd/Screenshot_2013_08_23_14_22_13_508680.jpg

Something else they can do it is to prevent the varactyl from bieng used on Fleet in case they worry about the size, i think a short time of using a speeder or what ever else wont hurt...

Edited by saremun

Nobody has said it yet.. so here you go.....

Let me role play this out for you :p

Female Body Type 1: "Dude.. the size is fine" and /applies lipstick to her Varactyl

Female Body Type 2: "Yeah dude.. no fatties!"

Female Body Type 4: ..... /Ambivalent about the entire topic since size does not matter and is /doing her nails anyway.

Female Body Type 3: /rides the lizard anyway and likes to see it struggle as she makes it leap around fleet like a Gerbil on speed.

Male Body Types 1. 2. 4: "real men don't ride lizards.. get a regular speeder you scrub!"

Male Body Type 3: /puffs up chest and /declares war on all Female Body Type characters, and communicates digitally with other Male Body Types with middle digit of hand.

This concludes today's role play on the topic of Varactyl size.

And in other important and relevant current events.... Hasbro has nerfed the Iron and added a new class to Monopoly ----> teh Cat http://living.msn.com/life-inspired/the-daily-dose-blog-post?post=98b96dd0-e38f-41a9-a619-8860ba15ac40 And the Dr Suess Estate threatens to sue. :p

Edited by Andryah

When you preview it it has the "right" size, but shrinks once used :(

The preview is obviously bugged. The actual size is the same size it was in the video and pictures of the mount in action before the release of the CM pack. The one in the preview would be ridiculously big. If anyone thinks they are getting something that size, you might as well lose that idea because it's not going to happen.

The preview is obviously bugged. The actual size is the same size it was in the video and pictures of the mount in action before the release of the CM pack. The one in the preview would be ridiculously big. If anyone thinks they are getting something that size, you might as well lose that idea because it's not going to happen.

who told you it wont happen?

Dwebacks are coming and if they are at the same size then they will look ridiculous too besides this is more like punishing people for playing with character of Body Size 3-4...

who told you it wont happen?

Dwebacks are coming and if they are at the same size then they will look ridiculous too besides this is more like punishing people for playing with character of Body Size 3-4...

Dude.. you are setting yourself up here for disappointment and missed expectations. Those Dewbacks are very likely going to be too small for your tastes as well.

Uh...the preview is exactly what most people expect. The current size is obviously ridiculously small and NOT what is previewed. It looks funny right now.

Agreed before I had one. Although now that I do and have ridden it a bunch (as type 3) I think the size is fine. It'd be nice if it were a little taller, sure, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with the size as is. They aren't as small as some people are making them out to be; it's just that compared to the preview their size is ridiculous. I do hope the Dewbacks are a bit bigger though. Edited by Inflicktion

Lets just see how big a "real" varactyl is, shall we?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130206054560/starwars/images/d/de/BogaROTS-SWE.png

So if anything is bugged it' defo not the preview-size. Or the ones we ride on are just young varactyls^^

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/swtor-woodland-varactyl-mount.jpg

Edited by bibobpipop

Uh...the preview is exactly what most people expect. The current size is obviously ridiculously small and NOT what is previewed. It looks funny right now.

This.

Would be nice to have a big veractyl. I mean, we have huge speeders already, why not some big animals?

It wouldn't even have to be Episode 3 big. Just like dessler mount big would be good enough imho

Edited by Arenatah

I'm on record that I think they should adjust the size up by 20%.... but comeon TUXs.. nobody seriously expected the preview size. Want? oh yeah... for sure some wanted it that big. But even those that wanted.. knew the preview was bugged...as previews are sometimes in this game appearance tab.

What looks funny to me is how NOT_fast the feet move on these things.. when you are "speeding" at 110%. Personally I expected the feet to be more like an iguana on a hot plate doing the /get_meh_outta_here_shuffle. :p

Edited by Andryah

I was doing the Section X dailies with a friend yesterday and we ran into two Varactyls, which when compared with the one my friend has, is almost twice as large by far. I guess it's safe to assume that the beastie you seen in the preview window is the one available in the game world, on Section X and Belsavis, not the resized one.

Also, the one we see in the preview has the saddle one, so it shouldn't take that much effort to discard the resize and use the original model for players.

You know.. . Sometimes I don't think you guys and gals know what you are really asking for.. I see that some of you are flat out wanting the varactyls to be the size we see on Belsavis, and all I see is the issues it will cause in the fleet. Now I could go on in listing reasons why they shouldn't be re-sized, but they've been pointed out already.

Ask yourselves honestly.

Is it really that important? Honestly it's not.

Is it really going to ruin your playing of the game? Honestly it's not. Not even close.

Is the current size game breaking? Honestly it's not. But I'm sure someone will quote this and debate why it is simply because they are way too Nit-picky.

In the end should they change the size of these mounts I truly hope they don't btw People are going to complain about them to too big when in the fleet.

Edited by Aizen

I'm on record that I think they should adjust the size up by 20%.... but comeon TUXs.. nobody seriously expected the preview size. Want? oh yeah... for sure some wanted it that big. But even those that wanted.. knew the preview was bugged...as previews are sometimes in this game appearance tab.

What looks funny to me is how NOT_fast the feet move on these things.. when you are "speeding" at 110%. Personally I expected the feet to be more like an iguana on a hot plate doing the /get_meh_outta_here_shuffle. :p

I didn't know the preview was bugged...and I troll quite well ;) A 20% increase would be ideal...even 10%. I was really just agreeing that I think it looks stupidly small...I don't have one so it doesn't impact me, but my very 1st thought was "huh...a bit tiny isn't it?!".

You know.. . Sometimes I don't think you guys and gals know what you are really asking for.. I see that some of you are flat out wanting the varactyls to be the size we see on Belsavis, and all I see is the issues it will cause in the fleet. Now I could go on in listing reasons why they shouldn't be re-sized, but they've been pointed out already.

Ask yourselves honestly.

Is it really going to ruin your playing of the game? Honestly it's not. Not even close.

Is the current size game breaking? Honestly it's not. But I'm sure someone will quote this and debate why it is simply because they are way too Nit-picky.

In the end should they change the size of these mounts I truly hope they don't btw People are going to complain about them to too big when in the fleet.

Even less people gave a **** about the Revan armor...yet that was changed. This isn't a big deal, but it did cost additional $ to acquire...I can understand peoples desire to get it enlarged.

Even less people gave a **** about the Revan armor...yet that was changed. This isn't a big deal, but it did cost additional $ to acquire...I can understand peoples desire to get it enlarged.

That additional cash you're mentioning can be said about revan's armor as well. Just the same these people who are wanting this change will still use these mounts even if they aren't adjusted, as players do with revan's armor to this day..

So what's was the point in pointing that out?

Ask yourselves honestly.

Heh.. I agree with you.

However.. you completely forget the most important and ever popular ------> It's something to complain about.

I don't think complainers care what the topic is.. as long as it can be easily converted into a complaint and then piled on like a rugby ball in a scrum. :D I'm exaggerating of course.. but I'm also more right then hyperbolic here. ;)