Anyone else buying unlocks?

Gabrandt

I'm a subscriber. But I'm fairly certain I won't always be. In times of little to no updates (or perhaps updates that don't particularly interest me) I plan on going preferred, subscribing during content patches or releases that tickle my fancy.

I guess what I am asking is, has anyone else chosen to spend their cartel coins on unlocking action bars, allowing access to all three crafts and so on and so on?

I think it's smart of you to buy those things. For most people, it's hard to imagine a time in which they are not paying, yet still playing. Most people don't know themselves well enough to have an idea what their playing habits will be in the future. The game is very difficult to play without hotbars, and if you know that you're going to be crafting it's hard to have just one craft. I think it makes a lot of sense to use your cartel coins for these things if you know you will be switching from subscriber to more casual player.

I'm buying cargo hold bays and legacy unlocks mostly. Then I might do some cartel packs later on when they've come up with more stuff for them. Like those relics they held back to work on.

If I ever go preferred, I'll just drop the cash on slots and crew skills at that point. I'm not planning on it, though.

If I ever go preferred, I'll just drop the cash on slots and crew skills at that point. I'm not planning on it, though.

Not a bad Idea. But I think I would save the coins till I got to a time when I was not subscribing, then buy the unlocks. But that's just me.

See, I've been thinking about that as well. It might not be a bad idea to simply save the cartel coins until that moment when you are, in fact, not a subscriber.