Favorite characters!

sell-dog

I'm relatively newer to checking these forums often so apologies if this has already been a thread.

Curious of people's favorite characters from the franchise and trying to grab a running total for my own enlightment :)

For myself I'll say:

Favorite Dark Side User/Sith - Darth Bane

" " Light Side User/Jedi - Yoda

" " Non-Force User - Jet Nebula (quite the entertaining & amazingly crafty character from the great read "Fatal Alliance" if haven't read it)

Honorable Mention: Darth Zannah, Darth Malgus, Exar Kun, Karness Muur, Satale Shan

Feel Free to do whatever you want for your own categories, you want to rank characters, or anything you want to do just go for it

Edited by sell-dog

Been done to death but eh why not..

1. Fav Sith: Darth Vader

2. Fav Jedi: Cin Drallig

3. Fav Force User: Kir Kanos(new one, he is hella interesting and a bad *** character)

4. Fav Non-Force User: IG-88

Mentions to: Luke, Obi-Wan, Voolvif Monn, Han, Dash, Wedge, Xizor.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

FAVORITE CHARACTER POWER RANKINGS

5. Celeste Morne.

4. LS Jaesa Willsaam.

3. Thrawn.

2. Ton Phanan. I laughed. I cried.

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Not totally sure where to put it: Matt Stover's characterization of Anakin Skywalker in Revenge of the Sith. It's up there. Somewhere.

Also receiving votes: Xim, Xendor, the Jedi Exile, Nick Rostu, Wes Janson, Firmus Nantz, Gara/Lara/Kirney, Zsinj, Garm bel Iblis, Ganner Rhysode, Anakin Solo, Vergere.

Never receiving votes: Revan, Skadge, Darth Bane, Iceheart, Kyp Durron, Tahiri, any Rakata, any Mandalorian.

Edited by Euphrosyne

These come to mind now: Boba Fett, Emperor, Kaliyo, Satele Shan, Rycus Kilran. I could probably think of more, but it would take more time. It also often happens that I like some NPC in swtor and would like to know more about that character. Unfortunately they either die soon or are not important enough.

Interesting reads and thanks for the input. Personally, I am most familiar with the Jedi/Sith from TOR era so it was interesting reading a little about all the non-force users from the Rise of the Empire Era and Legacy Era. Btw still checking this thread and anyone feel free to add their favorites.

P.S. have a question. For the novels in the Legacy of the Force & Fate of the Jedi series, is it essential to read these books in order? I read a large majority of the TOR era (all except Knight Errant and Red Harvest) and with the exception of the Bane trilogy, those are stand alone books so was wondering on the "rules"/recommendation for others.

P.S. have a question. For the novels in the Legacy of the Force & Fate of the Jedi series, is it essential to read these books in order? I read a large majority of the TOR era (all except Knight Errant and Red Harvest) and with the exception of the Bane trilogy, those are stand alone books so was wondering on the "rules"/recommendation for others.

*YES*

Read them in order; you will be hugely confused if you do not.

Favorite characters? A topic that's been done to death, but whatever.

1. Plo Koon- Visit page 2 of this thread to learn why.

2. Grand Admiral Thrawn- The best military tactician of all time, and he looks so cool.

3. Qui-Gon Jinn/Count Dooku- Liam Neeson and Sir Christopher Lee. Need I say more?

4. Obi-Wan Kenobi/Yoda- Both of these characters introduce us to the Force.

5. Darth Sidious- The subtle manipulator, and he makes the bland black robes look cool.

6. Admiral Ackbar- Despite the jokes, he's an awesome character and one of the major reasons the Rebellion wins the war.

7. Darth Vader- The first Sith Lord we see on the big screen, and he looks awesome.

8. Darth Ruin- Probably leaves the best legacy behind.

9. Grand Moff Tarkin- Peter Cushing does an excellent job in his role. (Should be higher on the list)

10. Darth Revan- He's a mysterious character, but he does look cool.

Favorite characters? A topic that's been done to death, but whatever.

1. Plo Koon- Visit page 2 of this thread to learn why.

2. Grand Admiral Thrawn- The best military tactician of all time, and he looks so cool.

3. Qui-Gon Jinn/Count Dooku- Liam Neeson and Sir Christopher Lee. Need I say more?

4. Obi-Wan Kenobi/Yoda- Both of these characters introduce us to the Force.

5. Darth Sidious- The subtle manipulator, and he makes the bland black robes look cool.

6. Admiral Ackbar- Despite the jokes, he's an awesome character and one of the major reasons the Rebellion wins the war.

7. Darth Vader- The first Sith Lord we see on the big screen, and he looks awesome.

9. Grand Moff Tarkin- Peter Cushing does an excellent job in his role. (Should be higher on the list)

10. Darth Revan- He's a mysterious character, but he does look cool.

Have a new Analysis thread for the index so ya know. :p

Top 5?

5. Canderous Ordo

4. Dash Rendar

3. Jax Pavan

2. Darth Bane

1. Wedge Antillies

Why did I pick Wedge? There from the BEGINNING. Took on two deathstars and WON. Reformed Rogue Squadron, MULTIPLE times. Took Courscant. Won the Bacta War. Formed Wraith Squadron. Beat down Zinjj multiple times. Was an IMPRESSIVE General. His list of accolades is long and distinguished. Best fighter pilot of his day. BAR NONE. I think he could go head to head with Luke and win based on pure skill alone. If he ever had the force? My god.

VERY honorable mentions to:

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Han Solo

Obi-wan Kenobi

Chewie

Anakin Solo

Edited by TalonVII

Tarkin done by Peter Cushing could have been done no better ! When he commanded Vader to stop chocking that guy and Vader to listen shows how much respect he had!

Edited by mefit

Dark Side User: Exar Kun/Ulic Qel-Droma (it's a tie)

Light Side User: Cin Drallig

Non-Force User: Bo Katan (her appearance in TCW revived my hope for Clone Wars era Mandalorians)

Overall Rankings:

10) Boba Fett

9) Darth Maul

8) Eeth Koth

7) Darth Talon

6) Darth Krayt

5) Plo Koon (This one's for Aurbere)

4) Cin Drallig

3) Bo Katan

2) HK-47

1) Exar Kun/Ulic Qel-Droma (Yet again, a tie)

/shrugs

I guess back then standing around and looking cool for the majority of the time in the background was...cool.

Its just as cool today, trust me. I do that as well when I get the chance.

Edited by zzoorrzz

/shrugs

I guess back then standing around and looking cool for the majority of the time in the background was...cool.

I guess that I will take back my statement. I have always thought that Scout Troopers :csw_bike: were completely awesome. All we ever saw them do was get humiliated by Han, Luke, Leia and a tribe of Ewoks. I still think that they are stinkin' awesome.

I guess that I can understand how folks think that the most overrated character in the Star Wars mythos can be cool.

I know of Darth Ruin but not so much about him. Wooki doesn't have much info on him either. Curious, what is significant about his legacy? Sets the seeds for the Sith Wars around Bane's time?