Well, now I know why I'm burning out so quickly all the time....

DaveMcKnight

I've only been with this game a little under a half-a-year, but I've found myself 'burning out', so to speak, after a while, and i wasn't sure why until recently. Of course, it should've been obvious. I'm spreading myself too thin, trying to handle 2 or three characters per server on three different servers. So I've decided to focus on three characters, one from each server, and only play one per day, leaving plenty of rest time in between sessions.

Characters I'll be focusing on:

My level 25 Sith Sorcerer who is about to head to Tattooine, Kaisan Viridian.

My level 16 Sniper whose almost finished with Dromuund Kaas.

And a level 9 BH on Hutta who I intend to spec as a Powertech.

One on each server. Once I'm done with those, then i'll concentrate on new characters....

Yeah, am asking for advice. I'll have to save the 'limit to one server' for the next batch of three, cuz I've got XP boosts for the Hunter and the Agent, and I just used my last on the Sorc. I guess I could just delete the Sorc if I needed to and deal with the Agent and Hunter first (those two being the ones that are actually making a decent amount of creds with each level, since I've got slicing and such), whereas the Sorc has nothing.

Hmm, think I'll have to do that. Besides, SI is one of the storylines that seems a bit cumbersome, from all accounts. Maybe I need a break from the Force classes as well.....

My advice find one class and stick with it till 50, enjoy the game. Run dailies and earn a lot more credits then slicing leveling up. After 50 and the limited end game, you will find you have more time to devote to a new alt.

Trying to level up that many characters at one time, is a quick way to burn out and never get any of them to 50.

I know of a guy who did the very thing you are trying to do, except he did it on one server. He did manage to get like 5-6 50's, and burn himself out running dailies on all of them. At the end of the day, he had 50+ million credits, and never stepped into a flashpoint or operation. And then he disappeared from the game, this was back first part of 2012.

Edited by caveslug

Hmm. Makes sense. Well, I've heard the Agent story is fantastic regardless of what road you go, and it does seem to be interesting, so I guess I'll focus on that one. Thanks for the advice. If I know someone's tried doing what I do and its made things the same, well, I learn from others' mistakes. :D

Thanks again for the advice.

This really is quite personal.

I've played 8 characters to 50 more or less at the same time.

Playing three planets or so, switching to another, then the next and so on.

Taking turns rep/empire side.

Worked fine and I'm not burned out at all :D got a new set of five little alts that I take turns playing, although in a slightly less structured way. (felt a little put off only when four out of five had Taris as their next planet, more for a lack of choice than being bored)

For me the switching kept me from burning out.

Of course I never started grinding dailies, just logged in the next alt. :)

It can go both ways. sounds like your alt-ness is burning you out. others it wont do that to. Im in the middle....I like having a few alts to play with (switch when I get bored, leave the others to gathers rested), but I can always tell when I have too many is when I log in, and I can't decide which one to play, and walk away not playing at all.

Quick tip: I speak from experience. DONT DELETE YOUR TOONS. even if you never play that one again, its still A: extra bag and bank space, and B: crafting potential. the only reason I delete alts is if i need the space for a new one. You may change your mind and want to play that class again, and you'll regret the delete at that point.

My way to keep me from burning out:

I level a maximum of 2 characters at the same time, one republic character and one imperial character. When I finish a planet on the one, I start a new planet on the other. This way, I keep myself interested because of the planet differences and sometimes it's nice to see the two sides happen at once (ie: Alderaan or Tatooine).

When I play with one of said characters, I also always play the PvP daily to save up commendations, so by the time I reach 50, I will have a good start.

When the two are finished, I roll with them for a while and if needed, level a new one.