SWTOR books or game?

Dinlyn

I have been searching for this answer, but could not find anything. So I was just wondering did the SWTOR books, Revan, Decieved, and Fatal Alliance in terms of the timeline come before the actual SWTOR video game or during or after?

I do own Fatal Alliance, but thats the third book in the Old Republic series. I am on Revan right now but am torn to start playing the game before I finish the series or play, and read the series at the same time for lore purposes.

Revan takes places a good deal before now. I believe SWTOR takes place 200 years after KOTOR 2 ends and Revan takes place just a few years after KOTOR 2.

Then it's Deceived which basically tells the story in the cinematic of the same name. Then Fatal Alliance, as Satele Shan is the Grandmaster now and she wasn't in Deceived.

If i'm not mistaken.

Revan takes place roughly 300 years before the game. Decieved is 10-12 years before the game, and Fatal Alliance is at the same time as the game.

It was nice actually seeing Watcher One and Watcher Two in the game, as they were minor characters in Fatal Alliance.

Fatal Alliance and Deceived are both within the game timeline, Deceived directly relates to the games plot and is about the attack on Coruscant. Fatal Alliance happens about 10 years after if I am not mistaken. Revan is about 300 years before but is about the invasion that was covered in Deceived and the ongoing struggle.

I have been searching for this answer, but could not find anything. So I was just wondering did the SWTOR books, Revan, Decieved, and Fatal Alliance in terms of the timeline come before the actual SWTOR video game or during or after?

Part one of Revan Takes place 5 years after the fitst KOTOR Part 2 of Revan takes place 3 years after Revan ventures into the unkown regions and immediately after KOTOR 2 with the "Exile"

• 3 years later...
Revan is 300 years before TOR, Deceived takes place around the Corusant attack cinematic, Fatal Alliance is set not long before the game and Annihilation is set sometime between the Jedi Knight defeating the Emperor and the Shadows of Revan expansion. IMO it is well worth it to read all these books, you do get a bit of extra lore knowledge from them and they are all pretty good reads. :D Fatal Alliance was my favourite closely followed by Annihilation. :D Edited by wolfshadowhunter

Annihilation is set sometime between the Jedi Knight defeating the Emperor and the Shadows of Revan expansion.

Darth Acina was already a Dark Council member by the time Makeb took place. Hence, Annihilation is set sometime between the supposed demise of the Sith Emperor and RotHC.

Also, "Shadow" -- one was quite enough. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked