*PLEASE* allow us to Customize Characters after creation!!!

Terin

Agreed... I have a couple of characters that I've put quite a bit of work into, that I would like to update their appearance a bit. most other large MMO's offer something like a barber, tailor, facemaker, etc for updating your characters' look... adn the more extensive the changes, the more it costs. For me, it would be worth the credits. ;)

Customization is a good thing.

Being a cyborg should mean anything from a few implants to a full body replacement, which could require the use of droid parts instead of armor. Being able to customize what remains of one's humanity (or otherwise), if any, would be nice. :D

• 2 months later...
I COMPLETELY AGREE with the poster here! I too have OCD and have already leveled so high that i dont want to start over with the same character and class just to change my Rattataki's face! PLEASE RESPOND with your plans to implement this feature Devs! I mean, WoW has a service to change your characters appearance...and I wouldnt mind being charged for it. Also, people grow beards, then shave them...add or remove piercings (Rattataki), change hair styles...I dont think i will renew my membership until something like this is added. Yes, I am THAT OCD :confused:. Thank you.

/signed

I fiddle for hours at the initial character creation screen. Making the character, with the right name, tied to the class and side... I just lovvve the process of the appearance adjustment. I think there are good options to try and make a character you truly like. (There could always be more, but I am realistic and understand that not everyone will be pleased 100% of the time with the selections given.)

I would love for there to be some functionality added to allow for post-creation/leveling modification/adjustment. Even if it costs credits or special tokens via a new storyline quest, etc.

It isn't a dealbreaker for me, as I think the initial creation and ability to enter game and then delete/re-make is easy enough... I love that there are options for our companions for customizations, just wish the screen was adjustable to actually SEE what it looks like a bit better. (The Character sheet is not zoomable, so if you get a circlet helm or try on various customizations to your companions it's a bit of a hit or miss to see what it truly looks like.)

I also agree on the eyebrow thing. I'm a redhead in real life, and I definitely don't have brown-black eyebrows. Most of my characters have redhair (if they have hair at all), but I wanted to try the white/silvery hair option until I saw that the eyebrows didn't change with the hair color. Ah well.

Far more interesting way to do it would be having your appearance affected over time.

If your fighting a lot your hairs gonna get mess, makeup will wear out so you go to a shop and pay to have it 'repaired'

Call it a clothes shop or something and allow people to change their looks on the fly.

Female characters wanting to change their makeup or cyborgs changing implants is a no-brainer for something that would change... especially if new models and looks are brought in which go further with enhancing the graphics of the game.

Should be blatantly obvious cosmetic appearance is one of the greatest markets in the world... Bioware's inability to catch on to this by providing cosmetic variety that people WOULD pay into money sinks for is beyond stupid.

Agreed...BIG TIME!

I'd like to see a "Barber Shop" where I can do minor adjustments to my character.

Have a "Plastic Surgeon" available someplace where you can do major changes.

Some sort of back-alley shady character who allows you to "change your identity"... IOW rename your character!

My first 2 characters I created, I'm just so unhappy with them. I've rolled others since, but I just don't want to roll another Scoundrel or Sentinel when I've already reached pretty high levels.

• 7 months later...
Far more interesting way to do it would be having your appearance affected over time.

If your fighting a lot your hairs gonna get mess, makeup will wear out so you go to a shop and pay to have it 'repaired'

Call it a clothes shop or something and allow people to change their looks on the fly.

Female characters wanting to change their makeup or cyborgs changing implants is a no-brainer for something that would change... especially if new models and looks are brought in which go further with enhancing the graphics of the game.

Should be blatantly obvious cosmetic appearance is one of the greatest markets in the world... Bioware's inability to catch on to this by providing cosmetic variety that people WOULD pay into money sinks for is beyond stupid.

Anyone ever get a response from someone official about this type of stuff? A "legacy perk" option would be awesome with this option...

I'm in huge support of this as well!!

Cosmetics plays a huge part in my game play. I hate having to look like everyone else.

I am a Galaxies player and just loved the way they let us be able to change the way we look by just going to an entertainer and telling them what we wanted. And also the endless cosmetics clothing/armor that were on offer.

I would also love to see more options to hide cosmetic items not just the head slot. For example let us be able to show or hide belts, gloves, shoes...etc

And give us more colour options not just 'unifying to the colour of the chest piece'. And if need be allow players be able to create colour kits and sell them or make it a cartel item or a legacy perk.

I do hope one day we will see these options come into SWTOR. This game has sooo much potential. :)

• 1 month later...

Definately agreeing with this post, i for one do really enjoy living in the moment with my character during storyline and just normal questing. I wanna be able to change my character to the desire i want, and for the female customization please add some long hair styles that goes down to the shoulders and/or further, as I find that more "good-looking" by personal opinion of course.

Add a shop droid in the fleet at one of the elevators (not class ones), where you can talk with them and pay for recustomization for your own character, and you'll pay with credits depending on how much you wish to change and what you wish to change.

Also, if people wanna change their races due to them completing a class in a legacy and want a new race that you unlocked via legacy, i for one want to change my sith to twi'lek instead of being the sith race, you could make us able to play with cartel points for the race change feature, and then the recustomization of the details on your character at last stage with credits.

I've already heard back from Allison that they are aware of our desire for character recustomization. She said shed get back with more info if she came across any, but she's a busy gal and the dev team has its hands full as well. Since we don't know everything that Makeb has to offer yet, hope springs eternal. Check the thread in my sig.