Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

Indivu

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCW has retconned quite a bit that used to be true in Star Wars. When George saw someone block a Lightsaber with a Vibrosword, he went ballistic. So you can probably guess what kind of retcon THAT turned into....

"Only a Lightsaber Can Block a Lightsaber" - The George

/facepalm

Well, that makes you wonder what Lucas was thinking with the Magna Guards in Episode 3. :p

I guess gives more reason to continue my habit of not watching TCW. Besides my observation that it looks like the type of show where everything is such a huge deal, yet nothing big ever actually happens.

You're right, they weren't his kids, but that didn't stop the "The Clone Wars Character Guide" from calling those children half-human half-Twi'lek.

That source/book is not The Clone Wars. It falls into lower level of canon just like the rest of the similar stuff. So in the end it is one source that contradicts other sources that previously established impossibility of human-twilek interbreeding.

Not to mention this Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia states things that are actually wrong (some of them are mentioned on its site on Wookieepedia). It is clear that this was just another low priority source to milk some additional money.

Edited by Path-x

I picked Rattataki. I figure that either previous incarnations of the Sith Empire (when Tulak Hord and Kallig were around) might have been more of a meritocracy, where aliens could be Lords if they were powerful enough in the Dark Side.

Alternatively, they would've had access to Sith alchemy allowing for weirder cross-species reproduction (beyond the Sith/Human hybridization, which we knew to be prevalent). I have no problem buying that Kallig was Human or Sith, but his mate was not.

While sith purebloods make awesome inquisitors outside the game story, I have the same problem with making one that I see in having a purebred warrior, only more so. It stretches credibility that antagonists would treat them with open disrespect. Personally, I think human fits the inquisitor story best.

That being said, I've created a purebred warrior--a very large one, lol. The people on Korriban who insult him look like complete idiots, though. My human warriors will remain my 'real' ones, as I think they fit the story better, but I made this sith to be a guild tank and he'll fill the role beautifully.

Edited by errant_knight

i think i read somewhere if you are a pureblood, the opening scene (withe flying text about your character.) it says

it says you were a fallen sith lord and the korriban trials are the only thing that can redeem you.

not sure if thats spoiler worthy but i did so anyways just in case someone wants to see it for themselves.

Edited by thatPERSON

i think i read somewhere if you are a pureblood, the opening scene (withe flying text about your character.) it says

it says you were a fallen sith lord and the korriban trials are the only thing that can redeem you.

not sure if thats spoiler worthy but i did so anyways just in case someone wants to see it for themselves.

Nope, it says nothing like that.

What do you guys think the most lore friendly race would be for a Sith Inquisitor? I was thinking about unlocking the Miraluka via Legacy because of their strong connection to the Force and all, but I'm not sure it would make perfect sense since (KotOR 2 spoilers)

Darth Nihilus destroyed their home planet 300 years ago.

Other than Miraluka, I would guess a Twi'lek would be a good choice considering they are one of the most enslaved species in the galaxy. But I'm still not sure..

Mhm.. what do you guys suggest?

When game launched I was torn between Twi'lek and Pure, ended up with pure and it works nicely with all around story and still that character draws me in every time I log in. I do also have Twi'lek Assassin and leveling that has been some what not working as well.

When 1.5 hits in I will be getting Miraluka open and work my story for the character - RP the toon from 1-50 and I think that it will be the main character that I will stick with.

That used to be correct, but has been retconned by TCW IIRC.

Actually, Rayla, TCW did not retconn anything. Twi'leks can only breed with other Twis. In TCW the kids were indeed Twi/Human hybrids, but for that to have happened one or both of the parents had to go through gene alteration procedures. Humans and Twi'leks can't have kids naturally.;)

Now a Twi can still be the ancestor of Kallig if he was Pureblood. They used Sith sorcery to mate with humans, right? They could do the same with Twi'leks and other races then. That's the way I explain how my Twi sorc is related.:D

I seem to remember that Sith Purebloods have their own slave caste, in which case a pureblood SI doesn't contradict anything lore-wise. Saying that, though, I made my SI a pureblood without knowing anything about the back story. I mostly did that, however, because I wanted a Cyborg for the SW story. I'm also rping that he's an ls-person that's been humbled by his life in slavery. Kinda unusual, considering his species. :rolleyes:

I don't see how Pureblood fits with the story at all. The story clearly states that you were a slave before becoming the Inquisitor... So pureblood is not an option at all. I went with Ratattaki...

I has been stated over and over and over again how Pure works in the story, I am guessing you did not really put much in to the story and just hacknslash to 50. Wont bother to repeat the things so I let you just wonder on whit that but I am happy that Ratattaki worked for you.

I has been stated over and over and over again how Pure works in the story, I am guessing you did not really put much in to the story and just hacknslash to 50. Wont bother to repeat the things so I let you just wonder on whit that but I am happy that Ratattaki worked for you.

I don't care what's been stated. I know what the story is because I played through every quest and every instance story from level 1 to level 50 or should I say from Korriban to Corellia. I know how Harken addressed me during the training. Now you can say it was the drill sergeant, weed out the weak mumbo jumbo but I didn't feel like it...

Some people believe that God made Earth in 6 days and then rested on 7th but that doesn't make it the truth. The story didn't make me feel any other way but that I used to be a slave and now I'm the sith lord. I actually felt like that was the whole point of the story how a nobody slave becomes the most powerful sith in the empire...

Edited by MarkoJinn

Twi'lek. Why? Because Twi'leks are the slave species of the galaxy. They get used by everyone, from Trandoshans, to Hutts, to Sith. It makes perfect sense for the Sith Inquisitor to be a Twi'lek.

Sith Pureblood can work but there has to be a good roleplay reason behind it, like your family fell from grace or got caught committing some treasonous act and your family was forced to sell you off as tribute. Purebloods are highly regarded in the Empire, at least slightly more so than other aliens and are usually not slaves.

I went for Zabrak, as in my legacy family tree he is the son of my human smuggler and his zabrak wife, and i have all my other characters linked into the family tree with imperial agent at the top, having the agent coming from a respected imperial family whose kallig heritige had been completely forgotten.

I went with Sith and it worked for me:

(1) It never occured to me that being a slave was a matter of race, but rather economic position. You know, like the ancient greeks and romans did? Sith family down on their luck can't afford to feed their new baby girl, so sells her into slavery. Or maybe a captured child from some skirmish like north american natives did. Or maybe my girl was the child of parents who were executed for some horrendous crime against the empire. So I had no problem with a person from the once revered race finding herself in slavery.

(2) Sith are force sensative by nature/breeding, right? So it makes sense that one found in slavery would be strong in the force. Might even explain how she was "discovered", too. "Hey, look at that red slave, I wonder if she's force sensative."

(3) Being a pureblood really played into a lot of the storyline on Korriban, too. There are a lot of "looking down my nose" options in dealing with Harkan and there's a whole non-class-specific "find the pureblood" quest to find the pureblood percentage.

Pureblood Inquisitors make more sense to me than pureblood warriors, because they're that much more into the mysteries of the force. More research than revenge. More zappy zappy than slashy slashy.

But, to each their own.

A sith pureblood family who incurred the wrath of the empire might end up as slaves. It would be worse than death and therefore an appropriate means of vengence. The only question is who would be stupid enough to *buy* sith purebloods and expect it to work out well. ;)

Thing is, the writers at Bioware are good writers. If they made it possible, then it's possible. This isn't a question of whether it could happen, but which of the possibilities works best.

Just saw this:

There ya go. Perfectly plausible. I think I'll make one.

Edited by errant_knight

The only reasonable choice story-wise would be human or sith because of your ancestry. Between the two, human fits better since (really minor spoiler)

you have a slave background and I doubt sith would be slaves in Empire.

They can be enslaved through indebtedness.