Converging stories, or ongoing?

sakeel

Hey everybody,

I'm new to the game, only a couple weeks in, and I'm in it for the story so I'm avoiding any and all spoilers. With that in mind, one thing I'm wondering is whether the class stories converge on some primary story arc for the world.

I'm playing my first character through the story, but I've started to wonder if the ending has some reveal that is the same for all classes. In other words, upon completion of the story for one class, is the end of the story ultimately the same for another class, even though the path to get to the ending may be different?

I'm asking because in the creation of alts, I'd like to not know the end of the story before I get there. Would it be better to play each alt up into Chapter 3, but not complete it so that the final "reveal" isn't hanging over me while I'm trying to work on another class?

I'm treating the game like something of a novel, highly interactive as it may be, and I'm hoping that there are basically 8 novels (1 for each class) with some side stories along the way, and the end-game offering more short story arcs, or other non-class specific "novels." If that makes sense. :)

Without giving any spoilers, can someone give me any advice?

I'm treating the game like something of a novel, highly interactive as it may be, and I'm hoping that there are basically 8 novels (1 for each class) with some side stories along the way, and the end-game offering more short story arcs, or other non-class specific "novels." If that makes sense. :)

That's essentially how it is.

Thanks, you guys! :)

Forgive me for being skeptical, what with the state of writing in games in general, I was worried some sort of idiocy would happen at the end of my first character's play-through. Like, Revan is actually your sister, and is the true embodiment of the Force, both light and dark, because she's really a time traveler from the Infinite Empire!

Something like that would ruin any enjoyment from the next character I'd create for sure. I guess I should have put a little more faith in BioWare's writing crew, being one of the better teams in the industry currently. I did that trust thing with another game, about warring guilds where no actual wars take place between any guilds, and where your "personal story" in that game isn't actually your story at all.

See you around the galaxy. :D

I would add a couple of caveats.

The Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior story do intersect slightly. The Knight has no idea the Warrior exists, but some of what he does has impact at the very end of the Warrior story. So I would suggest doing the Knight first if you don't want even small possible spoilers.

Also, when you hit 47, a quest will appear on your ship. Do not, I repeat, do not start it. This begins the Makeb planet storyline, which happens after the end of Act 3 and the end of your story, and the intro cutscene will spoil it.

Also....if you're playing a Jedi knight...you'll want to be sure to keep T-7 Well geared. I won't say why :cool: Just trust me when I say "you'll be glad you did" Lol

Well, an addition was made to the section of the game you are referring to where a brand new set of T7 gear is available to pick up, even if you haven't been keeping up with T7's gear prior. ;)

OP: As others have said, there is no single ending to each of the class stories. Each class story is its own arc, with the Chapters 1-3 being completely unique to your class. Along the way of the class stories, you can pick up side quests, flashpoints, and world arcs (which are just a series of sidequests). All of these are shared among the other classes in your faction and have the same content, aside from minor differences in dialogue referencing your class.

Once you are past the class story after Chapter 3, you have a host of new arcs available: a level 50 planet, new flashpoint stories, a large operation arc, repeating events with stories of their own, daily areas with unique stories on a variety of planets (some on their own, personal planets), and the Chapter 4 arc started from a quest icon on your ship's holoterminal--all shared among your faction. As a side note, the official word has been that no class stories are in production and won't be, but recently word has changed due to high demand to "we are fully aware of the demand" for new class arcs, but has not said anything past that.

True enough, major events that take place in some of the class stories (particularly at the end or near end), world arcs, or flashpoints may be referenced in other class stories or later world arcs. However, they are generally non-specific, and actually give a fascinating new perspective on different events. You're in for a great ride. :)

Edited by Ravager