Regarding planet story quest

Majestic_Jazz

When I was in the beta and playing as a BH, the third planet I went to was Balmora. Unlike Hutta and Drumond Kaas, on Balmora there was an actual planet story that started from the very beginning and ended towards the end of the planet. It was different from your typical planet side quest that are scattered around in each area of the planet. No, this one had it's own beginning from the moment you land on the planet and starts you off. It is similar to the class quest in that once you complete one of the quest, it progresses you further into the planet with the story picking up and getting deeper.

I do not know if this is a spoiler to some as not everyone has played Balmora on the Imperial side, but I'll still but what I am about to say up in spoiler tags.

The Balmora story quest led you all through the planet and towards the end, it had a boss, a Republic General who was funding the rebellion and you had a choice to kill him or let him live and force him to go public with what he was doing. I thought this was brilliant and I enjoyed completing this along with my class quest on this planet.

So when I got to the 3rd planet for the Republic [Taris], I assumed that there would be a chain of quest that all link together that starts at the beginning of the planet and ends at the end of the planet. So when I touch down, I am greeted by some guy who tells me to go speak with a lady regarding the planet reconstruction efforts. I am thinking that this will be the chain of quest that continues ALL throughout the planet with it leading up to a dramatic conclusion, just like the Balmora Rebellion planet main quest for the Empire. Instead this quest was short lived as all I had to do was to go destroy some pipes and report back, then done! The rest of the quest on that planet were just scattered quest that did not directly connect with the rest, but just their own loose affiliation of quest chains, unlike the Empire's Balmora which had a main planet quest chain along with the loose affiliation of side quest chains.

------------------------

So with all of that out of the way, my question is, do only certain planets [such as Empire's Balmora] only have a main story chain quest or is this something that all planets have but I only see later in the game?

Thanks

:)

Taris felt like it had a story that went all the way through, including a conclusion. When I thought I was done with the planet, and went to leave, I saw that the guy who greets you wants to speak to you again, this leads to some more missions, as well as a conclusion to the planet story.

Taris felt like it had a story that went all the way through, including a conclusion. When I thought I was done with the planet, and went to leave, I saw that the guy who greets you wants to speak to you again, this leads to some more missions, as well as a conclusion to the planet story.

If so, then I'll have to go back to Taris to check this out.

Anyhow, Taris [Republic] did not have a LINE of quest that continued one right after another like Balmora [Empire]

Balmora [Empire] you are greeted as soon as you enter the planet by an Imperial who tells you about how Balmora is an Empire planet but recently has seen a Rebellion and blah blah blah. This quest [like your class quest] sends you all throughout the planet as once you complete one mission, you are directed to go to another part of the planet to speak to someone to do another mission. Once that mission is complete you are sent to another part of the planet to do another mission. Once that is complete, you are sent to another part of the planet to do another mission. And this continues until you are at the "end" of the planet and you have a boss that completes this chain of quest.

This is different from the other world "side quest" which begins in one area of the planet and ends in that same area, not sending you all throughout the planet.

--------------------------

So essentially Balmora [Empire] was setup like this:

Class Quest - This is a series of quest, all connected to each other that specifically pertains to your class story and sends you all throughout the planet.

World Story Quest - This is a series of quest, all connected to each other that specifically pertains to the story of that planet and sends you all throughout the planet.

World Side Quest - These are individual scattered quest, none connected to another that sort of relates to what is happening in the World Story Quest but on a much smaller scale. These do not send you all throughout the planet and they usually start in one area of the planet and end in that same area.

Heroics - Much like World Side Quest but on a larger scale with higher difficulty, often needing groups of 2 or 4 to complete. Like the World Side Quest, they start in one area and end in that same area, not sending you all throughout the planet.

-----------------------

For Taris [Republic] it seemed like there were only Class Quest, World Side Quest, and Heroics.

But if what you say is correct, I will go back to Taris [Republic] to see if I missed anything. I did EVERY quest possible on that planet and when I was leaving towards my hanger, I didn't see anyone wanting to talk to me or anyone displaying an empty or full triangle above their heads. Maybe you were thinking about Taris [Empire] which I have not played yet, but again, I will go back and check it out.

Edited by Majestic_Jazz