Collectors edition vendor

belizar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from a business standpoint it makes no sense not to support it. if people pay extra, then you support them and they will likely pay extra in the future. Unfortunately, by the time everyone has figured out that they do not deliver and go F2P and boycott the cartel market, it will probably be too late. They will have to do what other MMOs have done and start laying off developers who could support CE items.

They fully knew that the only selling points were hype, promises and "limited" preorders. Now, buyers get what they bargained for.. a bald statue and a holo-stripper...

Now, their priority is the Cartel Market, not the VIP vendor...

Yes please. I would LOVE to see where they said they'd update it every month. As far as I know, that time frame was never mentioned. I'm not saying they don't owe us more than we got, but I'd be happy with an update for every major patch.

Regular updates is all they said, but regular means to occur at specific intervals. For example regular meals (several a day), regular bowel movement (once a day), regular menstrual cycle (once a month), regular earnings reports (quarterly), regular anniversary (yearly), and regular elections (predetermined legally set multiyear terms). They've missed most possibilities by a large amount, and yearly by a small amount. I would settle for quarterly, but still would have expected them to mean monthly.

sort this forum by views and this thread comes up on page 13 out of 4470 pages of threads, sorted by replies it's on page 14 ~ it's drfting to the top of the pile.......

this needs to be added to the SWOT analysis of SWTOR:

Strengths: "Freemium" service is maintaining healthy server population levels for most of the player base to enjoy. Game features have been expanded dramatically since launch. +67% increase in the number of "endgame" ad libitum PvE & PvP areas. Content is well recieved, based on player participation. A stable base of subscribers is established. The conversion rate of freemium players into subscription is acceptable. The cartel market is tapping additional revenues from many subscription holders.

Weaknesses: The average tenure of many subscribers does not fit with initial projections, and the rate of conversion to subscription has not been optimized. An atmosphere of mistrust has developed between the player base and the devs at BW Austin. This impacts all marketing efforts negatively, by encouraging an unfavorable interpretation of all information presented to the potential customer. It discourages converstion to subscription. It discourages long term term subscription purchase, and encourages cyclical temporary subscription. All of which negatively influence the decision to purchase vanity items through the microtransaction shop.

Opportunities: Updating the CE vender could entice CE holders who have stopped playing to return to the game. It is doubtful anyone who bought the CE is particularly concerned about the cost of a subscrption fee. This could potentially impact subscription revenue, and allow the game to move back toward a more balanced composition of revenue sources. CE holders are consumers who have demonstrated disposable income. Access to the disposable income of CE holders who are not currently subscribed, will almost certainly boost microtransaction shop revenue. Regularly updating the CE vender was the first promise broken to SWTOR consumers, has had the longest time to create ill will in the community, and represents a least cost oportunity to rectify some part of the negative brand image of BW Austin & SWTOR.

Threats: Continuing to ignore this issue will likely continue to convert rabid fans into vocal critics, until all CE holders have unsubscribed. If the CE vender is not updated, a majority of CE holders may never again purchase a CE product from either BW or EA. Unsold retail copies of the CE may never be sold, and retail outlets may become unwilling to carry BW or SWTOR branded CE products in the future. The SWTOR CE experience could negatively impact the marketability of any future CE, BW, or SWTOR products.

Maybe if it's in bean-counter English EA management will be able to appreciate what the long term problem is.

Edited by Cleet_Xia

Regular updates is all they said, but regular means to occur at specific intervals. For example regular meals (several a day), regular bowel movement (once a day), regular menstrual cycle (once a month), regular earnings reports (quarterly), regular anniversary (yearly), and regular elections (predetermined legally set multiyear terms). They've missed most possibilities by a large amount, and yearly by a small amount. I would settle for quarterly, but still would have expected them to mean monthly.

That made my day haha...Fantastic examples of regular!

Getting updates to the CE store is going to happen about as fast as the dance studio that was promised in WoW. In essence, it's not going to happen. Everything that you currently see on the CE store will be left as is. I wouldn't expect any additions at this point.

Still waiting. The "customer feedback" comments on 1.7's crappy update is just pathetic, when we've got a very large thread that's 54+ pages now and where's our update?

They updated the VIP area with a cargo hold, guild bank, GTN and a mailbox.... ALL IN THE SAME PLACE!

yay?

120 dollars? I think that's how much it cost anyway for my stupid Darth Malgus statue... here I thought I would "regularly" have access to new and exciting items that would be at least semi-rare and not every slack jawed daffodil that picked up the game at Christmas would have...

Here I am over a year later thinking... damn it.. EA didn't even buy me dinner before they ****ed me.

Im not a CE owner but I feel for you. Real crap.

This issue effects everyone, even those who didn't buy the CE.

It's origin is the same sort of attitude that is behind the lack of any of the smaller updates to game that many people would enjoy - and have been pretty vocal about wanting.

If they're not going to update the CE vender that players paid extra to gain access to, can anyone really expect much of any bells and whistles without paying cash in the CC shop?

If you'd like to see new stuff on..

1) the Belsavis, Voss, or Correlia comm vender ~ because you naturally accumulate those comms

2) the fleet comm vender. ~ maybe a few more of the flight suits worn by NPC's ?

3) the NEW reputation venders ~ right now you can't expect those to be updated

4) new crafting recipes

5) new companion customizations on the venders

I understand the need to make the Cartel shop a priority for the first 8 weeks after it started. But that's been successful, and is working out very well.

Now it is time to start making good on some of the little things that players want.

120 dollars? I think that's how much it cost anyway for my stupid Darth Malgus statue... here I thought I would "regularly" have access to new and exciting items that would be at least semi-rare and not every slack jawed daffodil that picked up the game at Christmas would have...

Here I am over a year later thinking... damn it.. EA didn't even buy me dinner before they ****ed me.

Truer words have never been spoken, sir.

I like to think of myself as a guy that doesn't get angry easily.. But every time I look at that Malgus statue or the CE box collecting dust in my closet I get a little pissed.

Here's to hoping we get something soon.

I'd really like to see some armour added that is completely CE unique, and not just an adaptive version of what we have. Something that we can wear and be like "Yeah, i'm a CE owner! Look at my awesome threads!"

Allow me be proud to have supported you early on.

I'd really like to see some armour added that is completely CE unique, and not just an adaptive version of what we have. Something that we can wear and be like "Yeah, i'm a CE owner! Look at my awesome threads!"

Allow me be proud to have supported you early on.

YES, something that is not a re-color either. A nice fresh new set.

YES, something that is not a re-color either. A nice fresh new set.

We can all dream... but if they can't seem to add anything that's not a recolor to the CC shop, it's not very likely that the CE vender will ever get a "fresh new set". Set your sights to high, and you're guaranteed to be disappointed. I'd take recolors over the fat goose egg we've gotten so far.

SWTOR you are infringement of the Consumer Protection Act, 2007.

This Act sets out, among other things, various rules that apply to claims made about goods and services. In particular this Act protects consumers from misleading advertisements and ensures that trade is fair. Under the Act it is an offence for an advertiser/trader to make false claims about goods, services or prices. All types of communications that promote goods or services are covered by the Act. This includes advertisements, a notice in a shop or even a claim made by a sales assistant about a product or service. EU laws also ensure that misleading advertising is forbidden in all Member States. Under SI 134/1988 (European Communities (Misleading Advertising) Regulations, 1988)

What is 'Misleading Advertising'?

Misleading advertising means advertising that deceives or is likely to deceive anyone that sees it. Misleading advertising may affect consumers’ choices regarding what they buy.

This needs to be addressed by bioware, if you advertise and are still advertising this feature then it must be delivered on.

Yeah they seemed to have said many things.

Which is the number #1 reason why I do not trust the "Expansion" and this new Reputation System.

As a person that purchased the Collection Edition, I was trusting Bioware that they would not take advantage of all the problems that could arise from creating a CE Vendor. I was completely wrong, they did exactly what I hope they would not do. Which is make a CE vendor with only 1 item in it, set a ridiculously high price just to further force us to grind.

I look at the Reputation System and see lots of grinding with little to no payoff. When you finally become a Champion of Gree or a Champion of the Voss, and have grinded your eyes out for months, how much stuff do you think your going to get at the top tier ? and how many items will be updated on a consistent bases to justify the time placed into the system ?

I look at the Rise of the Hutt expansion and see content that should be free, being rehashed and sold to you at a price, and the content is so light that the word, "Expansion" is laughable.

By creating the Collector Vendor, I have seen how low Bioware is willing to go to make a buck. Whether they are slaves to EA or not, their reputation has been hurt significantly by working with them.

Sorry Bioware, but your going to have to grind a lot of Reputation Points to be my "Champion" again.

Edited by Darth__Carnal