Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread

JovethGonzalez

I have Two questions:

1. Will there be account wide bank access in the sense that I can put and item in the bank on one toon then take the same item out on another toon?

2. How many Cartel coins to get no lagging or Disconnects?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will I be able to buy like say the crew skill unlock to give to a friend's free account? I know i've seen stuff about selling things on GTN but think that was more the armors and random items not unlocks. Do those unlock give you an item in your inventory to use to activate the unlock or is it automaticly?

Hello all. I've been trying to find any facts about the Cartel Authorizations being bound. Can we sell or give away Authorizations to F2P members in-game or will they be bound?

I personally don't agree with the restrictiveness of armor, storage, GTN sales etc. Since there is nothing in the Cartel I want then i'd like to be able to purchase Authorizations with my free coins and give them to friends and guildies. But, will it even be possible?

Will I be able to buy like say the crew skill unlock to give to a friend's free account? I know i've seen stuff about selling things on GTN but think that was more the armors and random items not unlocks. Do those unlock give you an item in your inventory to use to activate the unlock or is it automaticly?

Yes. All items purchased through the Cartel Market are delivered to your inventory as an in-game object (which then has to be clicked on in order to activate it). I just responded to the commenter after you describing it in another thread here.

Hello all. I've been trying to find any facts about the Cartel Authorizations being bound. Can we sell or give away Authorizations to F2P members in-game or will they be bound?

I responded to you in the other thread with the answer at the link above.

LOL @AlixMV TYSVM you caught me reposting my question in multiple threads. The reason I've been doing this is because i haven't been able to find this information from members of Bioware and therefore have been looking for multiple sources before I decided to accept the information.

By any chance are you a member of the community team or would you be able to direct me to an official source?

LOL @AlixMV TYSVM you caught me reposting my question in multiple threads. The reason I've been doing this is because i haven't been able to find this information from members of Bioware and therefore have been looking for multiple sources before I decided to accept the information.

By any chance are you a member of the community team or would you be able to direct me to an official source?

No, I'm not a community team member, but I've been actively reading the PTS forum and also playing on the PTS. I've experienced purchasing items from the Cartel Market there, and saw them delivered into my inventory as items. I've also traded items with someone else on the PTS purchased via the Cartel Market.

So although I can't point to official word, I can point to knowledge gleaned from reading the forums and personal experience. :) And if I am wrong, or it's handled differently in production than on the PTS, I will apologize in advance for misinforming you.

Edited by AlixMV

Yes. All items purchased through the Cartel Market are delivered to your inventory as an in-game object (which then has to be clicked on in order to activate it). I just responded to the commenter after you describing it in another thread here.

I responded to you in the other thread with the answer at the link above.

Ah thanks for the answer, going to make one my guild mates really happy. ^_^

When will we be able to buy more character slots? What will the character maximum be per-server? Any idea about how much the character slots will cost, and what the option will be (i.e. single character at 800 coins, two slots at 1500 coins, etc.)? Thanks.

• 4 months later...
SentinelDranoel: As for my question... when are we getting paid transfers?

Blaine: As soon as we possibly can. We know that this is a very important feature that the community wants and we want it too, but due to the effort of launching our new Free-to-Play option, we had to delay this just a bit longer. Sorry I don’t have a more concrete date just yet!

"just a bit longer"? You and I have very different ideas about what this phrase means.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
so I have a question. if I was to buy a race via the cartel store (example: sith) would I be able to use them if I were to become a "preferred"?

yes on a legacy you unlocked it with. unlock is NOT an accountwide, exception being togruta and cathar - those are the only accountwide unlocks (as far as I know)

also... if you unlock races the old fashioned way (by leveling a character of that race to 50 or buying it with credits via legacy window) those unlocks also stay active if you go preferred

Edited by Jeweledleah