Make Light Side Jaesa Willsaam Romance-able

Spoonuser

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand people can be unhappy with the non romantic attachment with Jaessa. I know I was when I heard about it. I am not playing my Sith as a goody two shoes, yet I am mostly light side because I am not a maniac who wants to kill everything. It goes with the background story I made for my character. (RP server)

Thing is, after the initial shock, I am dealing with it. He already said no to Vette a while ago and he won't have a romance at all.

Thing is, people here seem to forget that in the original game KOTOR you couldn't romance Bastilla AT ALL if you were light side. You had to be grey or dark. She only went for the bad guy and that's the way the character was. If you were light she would be almost humbled because she couldn't achieve it herself. No "Oh my!" moment for the good guy. Just replay the game if you forgot that!

It's the same here. Jaessa is not a toy to play with but a character that they fleshed out with a personnality. If her personnality is not attracted to the decisions I make, so be it. It's like in real life.

Would it be nice if I could get her anyway, sure. But it would diminish the character. That's not who she is!

While the option is there to turn her to the dark side, Jaesa doesn't have the same character flaws as Bastila. Bastila was arrogant and self righteous. Jaesa takes quite a bit of goading to turn. Even if you don't turn her to the dark side, you still turn her to the Sith side by highlighting the obvious flaws in her Master and thereby the Jedi code. I'm not saying it should be easy to romance her, in fact it should be tricky by all rights (although Kira Carsen isn't, but then considering her upbringing that's hardly surprising). At any rate, consider me /signed Edited by rubberbucket

@tuddlebolt

Actually your point about KOTOR is wrong.

Kotor spoilers and Revan's book sligh spoilers :

The official version of KOTOR is LS male revan romancing bastilla, and marrying her after. I also confirm to you, the LS revan had the option playing it like a goody two shoes. Did it at all sauces. But its the normal outcome that you turn her back from the dark side with your love for her, enhencing revan's view that not all emotions are bad.

I agree with and sign this petition! I think it makes sense that she could be romanced, especially since if you're both light side then you're trying to accomplish the same things. She talks about how you show her new possibilities and ideas... so shouldn't one of those be that it's ok to feel love? LET'S DO IT PEOPLE!

Well, I cant belive what i am reading ...

And i have Ls warrior and i wanted to romance Jaesa.

However from story perspective, not romancing her makes sense. She still follows the jedi code, she just looks at you as a Teacher, mentor and Sith who share her goal ( to change the empire from the inside). That means she belive in this ,, There is no emotion'' thing. Sadly it makes her dull character but thats for another topic.

From game mechanic perspective, SW got two romances as a male and thats better then most of the classes. When you pick Ls you still get one romance just as SI,BH,JC,JK, and Trooper. If you dont like Vette you can just skip the romance or get some character you meet romance. Whine that any other classes dont have alligation romances it just ridiculous becouse SW is the only class with companion shifting alignment.

When i heared BW removed option to kill some companions i thought they were making huge mistake. All in all swtor is about choices also so people would deal with the conseqences. But know looking at this thread ...

Maybe it wasnt such a bad idea, sadly .

Edited by None_Shall_Pass

• 3 weeks later...
Ok not to be a party pooper but Who playes Sith Warrior to be a light side pansy? Thats totaly contradictoray to a true sith warrior... anyways i think this is not in the game because SW are ment to be DS not LS.

Actually, if you take a few steps back and look at what a LS SW is really doing, it's downright devious and manipulative. Instead of killing everyone like Baras instructs him (in the case of romancing Jaesa) to do, the SW instead spares his supposed enemies to often have them swear loyalty to him. He knows Baras will eventually betray him, and is preparing for it. The Jedi you encounter actually expect you to embrace the Dark Side (like some posters here as well) and you completely throw them for a loop by going LS. Heck, one Jedi can be convinced to leave because he now questions if you really are evil, and the one who stays to fight you can be turned to the Dark Side merely by reciting the Jedi Code after he's beaten. Then there's Jaesa's parents, Baras wants you to kill them, but if you go Light and spare them, he actually believes you intend on having them serve him to have Jaesa be tormented. Not once does it enter his head that a Light Sight Warrior is telling them to serve Baras and the Empire so they can finally have a better life (in comparison to what they were at before) and to help in Jaesa seeing that not all Sith are evil.

What's the guy's name? Ajunta Pual or somesuch? You encounter his Force Ghost in the first KOTOR in his tomb and he even straight up tells you that the constant betrayal and evil nature of the Sith is such a screwed up mess that as they stand, they have no chance at completing any real long term goals. You can even tell him that even after all this time, he can still be saved, he questions it until he finally tries and finds that his old master, back from the first schism is actually waiting for him to become one with the force.

The Light Side Sith Warrior knows he has to kill and won't quite shy away from it, but he knows that pointless cruelty doesn't serve the Empire at all in the long run. He realizes just how bad the more obsessed Sith Lords can be for the Empire. They're so concerned with increasing their own power right away that most cannot see five minutes past their plans, and even Baras, as stated above, can be tricked rather easily by a Light Sith Warrior into believing merciful, compassionate, and even actions bordering on preparing for the inevitable betrayal (Sith always betray each other) as furthering his own goals exactly as he planned. The Light Sith Warrior lacks that elitist arrogance and acts in such a manner that people who expect him to be typical and visibly thrown for a loop and start to question things.

I suppose the quickest way to say is that the DS SW is your typical, predictable psycho Sith we see everywhere in the game, but the LS SW is someone who values a good challenge and a worthy opponent to battle/kill. One is very short sighted, the other is always considering the long term aspects and how they can eventually benefit him far more than the Dark Side acts would provide for a brief bit of time.

Bit long-winded, but I'm tired of people saying LS SW is a pansy who isn't a real Sith. The real Sith are technically the aliens who downright hate the current Empire and the so-called 'Purebloods' as well. Also, sometimes the Light Side's actions can be even worse for the victim than the Dark Side's actions. Black Talon's The General being spared could easily be seen as worse than simply killing him for defecting.

I am sorry to say that yesterday I finally gave up and married Vette. I have a SW with neutral alignment, I chose LS Jaesa because I play Lawful Evil rather then "kill them all" style. I was around since the launch and had Vette at full affection with few unfinished quests just so I didn't have to marry her.

But after all this time I think it's obvious Bioware doesn't give a damn about this thread. Sorry guys(

Edited by Gelious

Honestly what people don't get is this:

Jedi are about order, rules and laws (lawful nuetral for you DnD players)

Sith are about passion, be it hate, rage or love (Chaotic nuetral)

Most people jsut associate Jedi as being "good" because they follow a strict code and sith as bad because usually passion comes out as hate or agression in society.

In other words, a LS sith that romances Jaesa (were it possible) would not be a 'pansy jedi lover' but rather a sith that is showing passion through love and affection rather than rage and agression.

/signed

Okay, i just finished the jaesa quest, and having read this thread i wanted to make her ds to romance.

Killed her old mentor and her parents, but when the time came, there wasnt a ds option in dialog and didnt killed her mentor..

Now i have a ls jaesa even that i wanted her ds, and cant romamce nor change her alignment!!!

/Signed

Since a lot of people posted here with the same opinion and NO DEV REPLIED! !!! We should take this thread to custom service. We are the custimers and I pay to play this game, so we should be listened or at least replied!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, if you take a few steps back and look at what a LS SW is really doing, it's downright devious and manipulative. Instead of killing everyone like Baras instructs him (in the case of romancing Jaesa) to do, the SW instead spares his supposed enemies to often have them swear loyalty to him. He knows Baras will eventually betray him, and is preparing for it. The Jedi you encounter actually expect you to embrace the Dark Side (like some posters here as well) and you completely throw them for a loop by going LS. Heck, one Jedi can be convinced to leave because he now questions if you really are evil, and the one who stays to fight you can be turned to the Dark Side merely by reciting the Jedi Code after he's beaten. Then there's Jaesa's parents, Baras wants you to kill them, but if you go Light and spare them, he actually believes you intend on having them serve him to have Jaesa be tormented. Not once does it enter his head that a Light Sight Warrior is telling them to serve Baras and the Empire so they can finally have a better life (in comparison to what they were at before) and to help in Jaesa seeing that not all Sith are evil.

What's the guy's name? Ajunta Pual or somesuch? You encounter his Force Ghost in the first KOTOR in his tomb and he even straight up tells you that the constant betrayal and evil nature of the Sith is such a screwed up mess that as they stand, they have no chance at completing any real long term goals. You can even tell him that even after all this time, he can still be saved, he questions it until he finally tries and finds that his old master, back from the first schism is actually waiting for him to become one with the force.

The Light Side Sith Warrior knows he has to kill and won't quite shy away from it, but he knows that pointless cruelty doesn't serve the Empire at all in the long run. He realizes just how bad the more obsessed Sith Lords can be for the Empire. They're so concerned with increasing their own power right away that most cannot see five minutes past their plans, and even Baras, as stated above, can be tricked rather easily by a Light Sith Warrior into believing merciful, compassionate, and even actions bordering on preparing for the inevitable betrayal (Sith always betray each other) as furthering his own goals exactly as he planned. The Light Sith Warrior lacks that elitist arrogance and acts in such a manner that people who expect him to be typical and visibly thrown for a loop and start to question things.

I suppose the quickest way to say is that the DS SW is your typical, predictable psycho Sith we see everywhere in the game, but the LS SW is someone who values a good challenge and a worthy opponent to battle/kill. One is very short sighted, the other is always considering the long term aspects and how they can eventually benefit him far more than the Dark Side acts would provide for a brief bit of time.

Bit long-winded, but I'm tired of people saying LS SW is a pansy who isn't a real Sith. The real Sith are technically the aliens who downright hate the current Empire and the so-called 'Purebloods' as well. Also, sometimes the Light Side's actions can be even worse for the victim than the Dark Side's actions. Black Talon's The General being spared could easily be seen as worse than simply killing him for defecting.

I just had to quote this, because it was so wonderfully put. Good show, sir!

I once mentioned making Jaesa light side romance-able to Neil Pollner (the SW writer) and his response was "Don't start". He really wanted her to have only a dark side romance and for the light side to keep true to her jedi training. That is how he wrote the story. Good news is that he is no longer on the SWTOR team (he writes for Mass Effect now). So maybe the writer that took over his duties will find it in their heart to change the romance options.

/signed

I hope it will never happen, I would like her to stay light side with an option in future on second attempt to turn her darkside. If she is true to the Jedi code or her training then she shouldnt romance with a warrior no matter how filthy with light side he would become

I bow before you sir. I don't think anyone can say it any better. Well done.