What do you think of star wars ep VII

shadowegale

As someone that enjoys the EU, more scared of the retcon possibilities.

There's plenty of time for them to stick 3 movies.. like between Ben Skywalker (Luke's son) and Cade Skywalker. Who's to say Cade's father, Kol, didn't have a brother or sister and as far as I can recall, we know nothing about Kol's parents.

Until the story is written and we learn more about where it fits into the current timeline, I am reserving judgement for later. If there are large sections of the EU retconned and wiped out I am going to be pissed. There are plenty of gaps for new films to fit in with minimal changes to the current EU required.

well a retcon of post ROTJ EU could be good if it rectons out the deaths of Mara Jade and Chewie, the 2 worst mistakes made in the EU books was IMO those two deaths

they might retcon out Mara Jade entirely as they would have to spend a lot of time explaining who she is and what she is doing in Episode 7. Plus Lucas has never liked the idea of Luke getting married.

Glad it will retcon all of the books. HOpefully they will take elements of some of the good stuff like the thrawn trilogy, but most of it is garbage. Looking forward to the new movie. I have high hopes for Disney's involvement considering what they've done with Marvel.

saw an interesting article on IGN that said Ep7 could/should have a female character as the main focus, and that Mara Jade or Jaina would be good, and TBH I would love to see Mara as the lead in a film, even if they move away from the 'will marry luke' thing from the EU.

She is a strong enough character to carry a film with no Luke

There's plenty of time for them to stick 3 movies.. like between Ben Skywalker (Luke's son) and Cade Skywalker. Who's to say Cade's father, Kol, didn't have a brother or sister and as far as I can recall, we know nothing about Kol's parents.

I agree. I was looking over the family tree and there's easily a slot for Luke's grandchild. I heard one guy comment that they might have Luke pass the baton onto a new 'savior' much like Obi-Wan so that would make perfect sense.

As for what I think of it, Star Wars films are all great spectacles with excellent stories and characters so I can't wait!