Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Time for a PvP Fix

fungihoujo

As for heal spec i doubt it will work, but I am hopeful.

There were two things that made it possible to play a sage healer in rated: Bubble stun and Force wave root.

I just wanted to respond to this part. If you think it was the overload / forcewave root that made healing Sorcs amazing for rated and regular WZs. Then I have to wonder how much actual playing you did.

Sure, that root is good, but it is nothing in comparison to immunity on Force Speed. It was bubble stun and this immunity that allowed healing Sorcs to be amazing. BTW, Sorc / Sage healers are still amazing and do very well at level 55.

Edited by Kindran

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Then I have to wonder how much actual playing you did.

...insulting me is not a way to conduct civilized discussion. You base your claim that I suck on the fact that I didn't name your favourite spell.

I am not even in the mood to answer you beyond that.

Next please..

IBTW, Sorc / Sage healers are still amazing and do very well at level 55.
While the sample size from the lvl 55 games I've played is rather small I havent seen a single sage/sorc healer come close to the operative/scoundrel numbers. Most games have been 2:1, in favor of the operative/scoundrel. Same goes for the majority of screenshots people have been posting.

DPS'wise, pretty much the same as 1.7. It doesnt feel like we were buffed, in comparison to other AC'es and health pool. It has become harder to stay alive though, due to the ridiculous bursts. You can have a sniper plant his **** and mitigate 5K on DF while he's launching 8K shots at you. Our defensive ability consists of a self-stun where no one is taking damage.

Edited by MidichIorian

...insulting me is not a way to conduct civilized discussion. You base your claim that I suck on the fact that I didn't name your favourite spell.

I am not even in the mood to answer you beyond that.

Next please..

Never said you sucked, just questioned on how much you played due to what you said. Also, that is not my favorite spell. My favorite would have to be Force Storm, and just because something is my favorite does not mean it is the best. Immunity on Force Speed is HUGE and bubble stun was OP.

While the sample size from the lvl 55 games I've played is rather small I havent seen a single sage/sorc healer come close to the operative/scoundrel numbers. Most games have been 2:1, in favor of the operative/scoundrel. Same goes for the majority of screenshots people have been posting.

When you have both healers guarded they each have their strong parts and both are near even. When neither have a guard then I would have to say an Operative is better. This only matters much in pug WZs when you are by yourself. When with friends(especially a protection friend) or in ranked WZs they both work very nicely =)

Edited by Kindran

.... or in ranked WZs they both work very nicely =)
I'm never going to base my opinion on the game of what takes place in rated warzones when less than 1 % of all games played are rated. While it in theory is great to look at a class's full potential I think we've reached the point where it would be more beneficial to everyone if we looked at how normal players perform instead. I don't think thousands of people should suffer just because one person, the chosen one, can pull it off.

I'm never going to base my opinion on the game of what takes place in rated warzones when less than 1 % of all games played are rated. While it in theory is great to look at a class's full potential I think we've reached the point where it would be more beneficial to everyone if we looked at how normal players perform instead. I don't think thousands of people should suffer just because one person, the chosen one, can pull it off.

It is with a person who can guard you or in a ranked, which you would also be guarded. Healers are balanced around guard. That is why when healers are without it there are some differences in usefulness. If you want to play solo fine, but expect to not do as well if you had friends with you.

Without guard, dps will focus any healer and kill them easily except for Operatives. They need to be killed twice basically because of vanish, and Sorcerers have the new bubble which might alleviate some hard switching onto them. Other than that, Sorcerers are very good. You don't need to be the "chosen one". They just need guard to perform well like every other healer.

Edited by Kindran

Hey guys. Some time ago I voiced some skepticism that the loss of overload root would make the addition of Force Barrier a worthwhile tradeoff. The time is now come for me to eat my words. Even when there is no one to heal me, I have found Force Barrier to do far more than simply delay the inevitable. Even when I have half the enemy team just waiting to smash me when the barrier ends.

The cooldown on Barrier is 3 minutes. Though it is a "self-stun," you can still aim ground-target abilities from barrier, though actually releasing those abilities ends it obviously. The cooldown on grenades also happens to be 3 minutes. I smell shenanigans! :D

I laugh as the three smashers stand next to me waiting for me to get out. They usually aren't expecting for me to get out by throwing a seismic grenade right at my feet, thereby stunning all of them. (Bubblestun never really had this element of surprise to it.) In this second of confusion, I IMMEDIATELY pop Force speed, then UP if available, static barrier as well, situationally medpac/adrenal if the nearest LOS object is more than a second away and I am threatened. Round the corner and I heal to full in a couple seconds.

The sorc controls when the barrier ends, and ending it with a nade guarantees that the melee train has to have some reaction time to process what happened, break the stun, and fire off an attack. This is a very critical advantage conferred to the prepared sorc popping Barrier, oft overlooked. Almost always a half-second if not more, and you should have either UP, medpack, or at the very least static barrier popped by then. I'm a healer, so once I get around that corner it's very easy to get me back up to full.

My escape rate with this is on the order of 80%. When I fail, it's almost always because there is ALSO a sniper waiting and my nade can't hit all the melee and that sniper 35m away at the same time. But honestly, if melee and ranged dps are all coordinating like that, they deserve to be rewarded and I won't complain about it.

And although I can no longer really dps when I must, I never could have dreamed of the heals I put up now when I was in bubblestun spec. Sure I lost the team cc utility but my healing output increased on the order of 2/3 seemingly overnight.

Then again I was on PTS figuring out how best to work the class changes to my advantage against some of the best SWTOR players in the world...I just hope I can pass on my findings to others who will use them well. :)

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

I wonder if Bfail has this thread on /ignore they seem more concerned with everything else than any sorc anything. Goes to show most of them play monkeys, PTz, or snips in pvp. I would really pay to see a Bfail employee play a sorc in pvp. Just to hea them go "Oh what he hit me for 10k!? and everything I have has never hit for that even my 1.7sec cast?" NERF! I'd laugh so hard :) Edited by Calogerus

I wonder if Bfail has this thread on /ignore they seem more concerned with everything else than any sorc anything. Goes to show most of them play monkeys, PTz, or snips in pvp. I would really pay to see a Bfail employee play a sorc in pvp. Just to hea them go "Oh what he hit me for 10k!? and everything I have has never hit for that even my 1.7sec cast?" NERF! I'd laugh so hard :)

Why would they play a class before nerfing it? Smashmonkeys are already whining about force barrier because, and I quote 'five of us beat on this sorc for ten seconds and couldn't do any damage to him!'- so force barrier will be nerfed next patch.

Why would they play a class before nerfing it? Smashmonkeys are already whining about force barrier because, and I quote 'five of us beat on this sorc for ten seconds and couldn't do any damage to him!'- so force barrier will be nerfed next patch.

They'll end up giving Smashtards an equivalent of Shattering Throw like warriors in WoW had for Ice Block dispelling.

Mmmm, I love marauder tears...