Gunslinger or Vanguard

Talon_Starfire

Just play the Smuggler a bit and figure out if you like the Cover system or not. It's a deal breaker for a lot of people (myself included). And remember, you basically have to be in Cover at all times to use most your skills, so you wont have much mobility. Vanguard is my main, and Scoundrel is my primary alt right now. I like the Gunslinger concept, but Cover is just too much for me to look past. Vanguard was weird to get used to initially, since I wanted to play him from range, and like I was playing a shooter game lol. But you have to remember you're a tank and you are SUPPOSED to stay in melee range (PVE). It's a blast to play, and pretty easy overall. Unique as well right now. Probably the 2nd least played class, with Scoundrel bringing up the #1 spot.

Just play the Smuggler a bit and figure out if you like the Cover system or not. It's a deal breaker for a lot of people (myself included). And remember, you basically have to be in Cover at all times to use most your skills, so you wont have much mobility. Vanguard is my main, and Scoundrel is my primary alt right now. I like the Gunslinger concept, but Cover is just too much for me to look past. Vanguard was weird to get used to initially, since I wanted to play him from range, and like I was playing a shooter game lol. But you have to remember you're a tank and you are SUPPOSED to stay in melee range (PVE). It's a blast to play, and pretty easy overall. Unique as well right now. Probably the 2nd least played class, with Scoundrel bringing up the #1 spot.
Thanks for the advice how does High Impact Bolt compare to the Smuggler's Charged Burst? I copied this from Taugrim's YouTube video and like the Vanguard build.

Thanks

Unless you plan on being forced to spec to Dirty Fighting Spec and be useless against people with half brain, Gunslinger.

Else go Vanguard, and for the record, Vanguard does more DPS then Gunslinger.

I think I'm going Gunslinger for now but may create Vanguard at a later date.

Thanks