TOR Sith characters got better characterization than Jedi?

Slowpokeking

First i played Kotor ,got hooked up on SW then i watched more carefully episodes 1,2,4,5,6,3,in that order.

It is sad that most of the younger ppl now watches it in episode order. The films should be watched in release order. The original trilogy story structure was designed and written in way that you start with Ep4. The prequel trilogy as its name clearly indicates is a back-story to original trilogy so it should be watched second.

It is sad that most of the younger ppl now watches it in episode order. The films should be watched in release order. The original trilogy story structure was designed and written in way that you start with Ep4. The prequel trilogy as its name clearly indicates is a back-story to original trilogy so it should be watched second.

There was a big debate about what order the movies should be watched in. A general agreement was 4,5, (optional 1), 2,3,6. Watching 4, 5, then having the prequels kinda work as a flashback, then coming into 6 with the knowledge of the prequels. That way someone meets him as Vader, gets the suprise of "Luke I AM YOUR FATHER!", then finds out about a young Anakin, then you come back and get to see him redeemed by his son. Again, 1 is optional. It's not needed for the story and can be watched afterwords as well just to see Darth Maul and Jinn.

I will say PT Palpatine is more interesting than both the OT and PT Yoda.

Yeah, but IMO OT Yoda is more interesting than OT Palpatine.

There was a big debate about what order the movies should be watched in. A general agreement was 4,5, (optional 1), 2,3,6. Watching 4, 5, then having the prequels kinda work as a flashback, then coming into 6 with the knowledge of the prequels. That way someone meets him as Vader, gets the suprise of "Luke I AM YOUR FATHER!", then finds out about a young Anakin, then you come back and get to see him redeemed by his son. Again, 1 is optional. It's not needed for the story and can be watched afterwords as well just to see Darth Maul and Jinn.

Hmm, that puts the sister-reveal at the end of Episode 3. I'm not sure what to think about this...

I think this is a shame as well.

I wish they treated the Jedi on the republic much like the republic soldiers are, especially on Ord Mantell. Where 90% of them are corrupt or look the other way.

I think that a dark and gritty version of the Jedi would show that every one looks perfect and serine on the surface, but dig a little deeper and you find layers and layers of secrets and repressed emotion that build up much more character.

Another point on this topic, to me:

* The sith are too chaotic and selfish. They are far too predictable, the apprentice will always betray the master, the master will always try to kill the apprentice before that point, the sith wil nearly always do the selfish and most evil thing etc...

* The jedi are too good. They are just as predictable. Too many of the jedi are portrayed as following the jedi path too effectively and hiding emotion, always saving others, etc...

Honestly I think both sides need to be a bit more gray and less predictable to be more interesting. I want to run across some Jedi that are nearly as ruthless as the Sith and I want to run across some Sith that have soft spots and find sneaky ways to show it.

Far too much far Light and far Dark... I want the grays.