Official Q&A Thread for June 22nd Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

Any chance of having Presence boost a companion's defense, armor, shield and absorption?

As is at high levels nobody uses their tank companions because they die too fast to be useful. People either use DPS for their healers or healers for every one else.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ima ask a basic one that i think deserves answering

2.at any time will we actually get an improved char creation?where we can actuallly define our characters facial features and the like so we wont all look like clones?

3.more hairstyles for females please!...at the moment during female character creation it seems to be a choice between bald,or short hair...i like long hair...and considering how common long hair is amongst females it makes little sense to not allow it

I have two questions:

1. Since all servers will eventually be part of the transfer service, will there be a notification for players trying to make a new character on an "origin" server? Some like "this server has been flagged as an origin server and may have a reduced population". I'm just curious how this situation will be handled, if at all.

2. Second, once the populations settle down and get reallocated, will there eventually be a way to petition for lost names? Specifically those of inactive / unsubscribed players?

Regarding Heroic Moment

many people would like to know what kind of development is being done with heroic moment and when we'd be able to see some of these changes as well as insight as to what adjustments are being made. as it stands heroic moment doesn't feel heroic. its easy to forget about and feels lackluster and subpar. its tough to keep all heroic/legacy abilities on a toolbar for something thats used so little. further more, its extremely conditionional since its not usable in groups or pvp. the cooldown is fine and is expected to be on a lengthy timer, but the bonuses you get from it including legacy abilities, dont stack up.

in addition i'd like to propose some changes/additions to help heroic moment be the game changer it's designed as. the cooldown is fine, and the legacy adjustments to that are a nice feature. perhaps there could be a window/toolbar added that will house heroic/legacy abilities, furthermore maybe this window could be toggled based on use. also, a neat addition (that i think would factor in well with companion affection and full groups/pvp) is a sort of tag-team feature where companions with a certain rank of affection can be called in for a short duration with modified damage in pvp/full group environments.

as is, the base effects provided by heroic moment- even with legacy abilities- isn't justified with the cooldown it has. i for one would be enthralled to use heroic moment and be able to call khem vhal while im getting hammered on in a pvp arena, even if he has modified damage.

tldr, i want a reason to use my heroic moment ^_-

Using Ctrl as a button modifier still causes a lot of issues. I frequently get stuck spinning in circles, or running. I can't even tell you how many times this has caused me to die in pvp. I also can't turn my camera while holding Ctrl. These issues cause the game's controls to feel extremely unpolished and clunky. Yet, your Customer service team has replied to my bug reports (multiple times!) saying this is working as intended! :rak_02: Really? Can you please explain why your CS thinks the worst support for keybinding, in any mmo I've ever played, is intended?

Will you add coloring for the armor in the game soon?

Because I like Magenta/Violet PVP armor (Basic bought for money) for Sith Assassin (as I remember Violet/Magenta was your concept for the Inquisitor), but when I grab the Battlemaster gear now, it's red +white/black. And I don't really like it.

Please, make something about the colors (at least some color sets), colors uniting isn't enough. (Or allow the Synthweaving crafters to learn orange schematic from that Basic PVP armor bought for credits.)

Thanks! :)