HoT Tracking

MNWolf

Hello!

I'm pretty new to healing, and am enjoying my lowbie scoundrel. I'm only level 21, but just got Slow Release Med Pack and have been playing around with it to add into my rotation. I get the principle behind it, behind keeping it rolling, but have one big problem so far:

I can't see the darn thing in my group's frame. (I use the operation-style frames.) It's just too small, and gets bounced around with all the other buffs rolling around on the person.

I'm sure there are work-arounds with this, like just getting an internal sense of timing, or counting it out, or using SRMP on myself first and then refreshing others when mine is about to go off cooldown, but it seems unnecessary (especially if energy is at a premium and I don't want or need to SRMP myself in a certain scenario) and I'm sure there's some way to increase the size of the HoT icon in op frames that I'm just missing.

Any help here is much appreciated. If you have a picture or video of your op-style UI as you're tracking HoTs, that'd be awesome too.

Thanks!

EDIT: This isn't exactly the same, but related: is there a way to pull out specific buffs to watch them? I'm thinking of course of Upper Hand. It's not nearly as big an issue right now as HoT tracking, but would be great to not have to hunt for it among my other buffs to constantly check its stacks.

Edited by MNWolf

I always start SRMP cycle from myself, and then memorize the order I applied it to other group members. This way it's possible to time next cycle perfectly without wasting any time on premature refreshing. I don't know of any better way.

Actually, I think that having SRMP on myself is quite useful. Ofc I play a lot of PvP where it's a must have, but in PvE it's quite handy too because in most FPs and Ops healer does take some damage anyway.

As for customizing buff/debuff bar in the UI, this feaure has been requested time and time again, but ofc with no recognition by BW. Atm it's a mess and proper cleansing is extremely hard.

Edited by Lightning_

My solution to this is focus targeting the tank. I positioned it centerish on my screen and made it as large as possible. It's not a perfect solution but at least i can keep track of his HoT's no matter who I am currently targeted on and i can use his HoT icon as a timer for everyone else.

My solution to this is focus targeting the tank. I positioned it centerish on my screen and made it as large as possible. It's not a perfect solution but at least i can keep track of his HoT's no matter who I am currently targeted on and i can use his HoT icon as a timer for everyone else.

Excellent! I'll give that a shot. Would you mind posting a screenshot to see how you mesh that with your op frames positioning?

• 2 weeks later...

Good news. It 2.0 and on PTS now, you can adjust the size of the debuffs.

So in the UI editor on the operation frames there a setting specific to the debuffs bar. You can increase the size and height.

Its bloody awesome because you can now clearly see the debuff icons and make them out.