Favorite Romance Relationship in SWTOR?

shinder

My main is a sith Inquisitor Sorcerer. I personally liked the arc with Ashara, Yah I mean sometimes you get awkward moments in the Romance but thats the thing. You cannot tell me if you've been in a real relationship with someone that you've never had an Awakard moment :D

My Main is a Inquisitor too, and the Ashara arc is the best I think. You are right nothing about it is perfect but she works threw it with you gives it a touch of reality in a game. No just Hero worship (or in this case Anti-Hero).

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I'll say firstly that I'm a female gamer, so most of my favorite romances are with the guys, sorry. I've tried a couple as a gender bender and just can't get into it. Although I may redo my SW tale and make her a him, only because I have completely ruined the story by reading some spoilers in regards Quinn, sigh. In the meantime, my favorites are focused on the smuggler and bounty hunter story lines.

Corso Riggs is a pure sweetie pie. The romance arc between him and the smuggler is fun and funny, pleasing and adorable. He's the kind of guy I could see giving everything there is for someone he loves and never once looking back on it with regret. He's loyal, giving, and protective. Just a very pleasing romance, that one.

Then there's Torian Cadera. He's the reason my bounty hunter ended up a female. I tried playing the BH as a fellow and Mako is nice enough. I can definitely see why she'd appeal to a guy. But Torian blew me away, as I was going along with my woman BH. Their first flirtation has her tossing him over her shoulder onto the ground and grunting out a complaining, "Men," to which he calmly lays there, looking up at her, saying, "I deserved that." It was awesome.

Of all the romances, the one between the bounty hunter and Torian just makes the most SENSE to me. They're both Mandolorians, both looking for much the same out of life, and both truly admire and respect the other. I've had not one single disappointing romance conversation with Torian as I've been leveling.

Haven't tried any of the Jedi yet. And I've heard next to nothing about the SI's arc with Andronikus Revel. Since the SI will probably be my next character, I'll have to see how that one works out. I will say Bioware continues to stun me with good storytelling. Makes it fun and engaging.

Riggs is epic, i dont know why people are always bagging on him. The jetpack comes in handy in combat too.

Cadera, almost done alderaan/chapter 1, so i need to get him. Just looks like a super romantic. This sounds so weird, considering its a video game character, but its not our fault bioware makes rly good guys that sadly dont exsist in anyway lol.

I wanna find a video of the mako/torian thing though, bc i think itd be entertaining, but i dont wanna do it myself.

Sounds rly good when he speaks MAndo'a too lol

Black Angel Robertss :wea_07:

Ps, set a signature how?

• 1 year later...

So far I've completed the female BH storyline and am in the middle of the female SI storyline. Torian is sweet and fits the personality of my bounty hunter who's no nonsense when it comes to hunting and thinks of the bottom line first. This of course has her coming into conflict with Mako's more light side personality. Honestly, if it were up to her you'd never finish a contract! Anyway, while Torian usually doesn't say much, when he does speak up its generally a good thing.

You can check out Xuela, my BH's play through (with Torian romance) at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mKZrBn0IL4&list=PLCjjxe1bI8d8_cmeBgG285w2se8k4i1jE&index=1

What surprises me more is the fact that my main, a mostly LS female SI gets along swimmingly with Andronikos. I love the bantering and the sexual tension I can see developing between the two. While he may come off at first as a bloodthirsty revenge driven pirate, there's a bit of a poet with a soft side hidden beneath that tough exterior.

His sexy voice is just a bonus. :)

Edited by h_weber

im sorry did OP really just say he like the ashley william romance arc in mass effect? REALLY!?!

spoiler for mass effect 3

she held you gun point and treatened to shoot you on the word of someone who F***** you and her over more than once shes also a unrepentant raceist and hypocrite

liara for the win

I personally liked the nadia romance but the weding vows for rishas marriage were pretty funny

Darth Arcina: the one woman my Inquisitor could semi-successfully flirt with. Which is... the best I've got so far, to be honest.

:(

The main reason I'm not rolling a Smuggler is because the flirtariousness available for the concept is utterly wasted if I'm not into men. At least the Force-users all have decent reasons for not getting involved with romance immediately.

Thus far;

Vector, Quinn, Corso

I am also a female gamer :)

Lets see

Quinn was the fav until I've been going with Vector a bit more... None of my characters are married yet, Agent and Warrior are both super close, I also know the plot lines. These two Imps are also light side for me.

Vector- Vector has hands down become my favorite due to personality. Quinn is pretty and adorable but Vector is...well Vector? Being a diplomat you meet him and think well this guy is weird, but nice. He then gets the agent a 'present'. This I love, its a gift from the nest sort of deal, but there is no reason for him to give it to you, he just does.

He invites her to the celebration. During which (I am sad it really does not show much) he seems to keep at her side, constantly reminding her she will be fine, no pheromone bonds etc. He then smiles and says he is proud of her for doing so well. That just made my heart melt. I sort of get the vision that Vector spent the whole time right next to agent, even sitting, just casually watching her, smiling.

Vector genuinely grows to love the agent. He is a but grumpy and fussy every so often, 'No you're NOT. But you are not hive mind and if you were I still value your privacy." Also this, he is worried because Agent is acting weird, he KNOWS something is wrong. But he can't pry it out of her, even if he could via telepathic link, he won't. Because he respects Agent and her right to her own privacy.

Also the way he acts towards her romantically. Vector leaves for possibly 3 days, no explanation other than he needs to go visit a hive. Then he returns and asks for private time with Agent. Well of course shifty eyes, he is planning something.... When he finds agent, his eyes are showing, his real eyes. He explains that he went to the hive to learn how to temporarily suppress the joining.

He wants to give the chance for Agent to learn him, Vector, not joined. I like both options (I don't like sharing/ the man I love isn't human). But this shows a huge amount of dedication. He went away for 3 days to learn to suppress the bond so that he could have alone time with agent. He did this on his own because he loves her.

I love the kisses between agent and Vector too, it kinda makes me sad we don't get bed graphics but gotta keep it kiddy friendly... but Vector and Agents kiss is soft, while passionate, soft. Even afterward he is keeping close to her, it is all just very sweet. Also when he kisses her, his hands rest on her butt. It is an extremely intimate gesture. But he does it in such a way that it really is love.

Oh and also ya know the whole engagement gift offering... .just dang!!! I love this guy!!!!

I'm busy so sadly I will have to add more later, but yea Vector!

Vette is my first love because the Wrath have her a TON of grief and after aLOT of presents she warmed up to him in a weird Vette way, it's really sweet and endearing because really....

When I got to Tattoine, even tho I committed countless heinous atrocities, I kind of *until Baras' stunt* took a lighter approach after seeing that dark visage.

Heck didn't even turn Jaesa dark because of it.

Second love was Kaliyo *that ****** she was wild, she was crazy, I thought even through the lies, mind games, and sick things we did to her exes we'd be together 4 life....

Then I realized Kaliyo probably wasn't her real name and my agent was probably still getting played...then there was Temple, my hands down favorite romance, nothing subtle, just straight business and mutual admiration...AND THE CHANCE TO STICK IT TO KALIYO IF THAT'S EVEN YOUR REAL NAME:mad:

But yeah, Risha's is fun too, one of my favorite personalities in the game because no matter how many lines my boy's got, she never blinks, finches, or falls short for a quip, my kind of woman...

But so is Akaavi in a much different way, I wish she was the Wrath's companion instead they would have been a perfect match.

Zenith, no contest. No kissing scene, but his sequence is by far more interesting and more intimate than all the romancing bits I have seen taken together. He doesn't fade next to the Uber-PC, he has his own completely separate goals, and this is a mature relationship that can be sustained for a lifetime for a Jedi.

Numen Brock - that's what I want in a in-Game romance - flirtatious dialogue while on a hair-rising adventure, a big kiss in the spaceport, all good stuff, much better than trotting to the bridge for a 5-liner "I love you. I love you too." exchange & a bit of kissing in front of the Galaxy map 2x per game that has a few months duration per character. Why, oh, why did he have to disappear? :(

About the best romantic highlight was Felix Iresso's letter about the holovid. Wish it was a dialogue. Wish his Holocron story was finished. Wish he was a Togruta. He had potential this guy.

I do like Vette and Pierce.

Really, they are all fine, just not WOW!

Edited by DomiSotto

I played all classes, some both as Male and Female Character. I'm a male player, and even though I usually have a bit more trouble finding a romance interesting as female character - personal limit I strive to overcome - I like most of them, and even the ones I personally don't enjoy as much are kind of interesting themselves. So, GJ Bioware. :)

There are some romances I liked more, like Kira Carsen as JK and Nadia Grell as JC, and some I liked less, like DS Jaesa as SW and Ashara as SI. Call me crazy, but I felt them too unbalanced for my taste. Personal opinion, of course. :o

I disliked two up to now, though, which is quite good considering the number of choices you can have. Risha as Smuggler and Kaliyo as Agent. Too "primadonna" the first and too manipulative the second. :rolleyes:

On the male side, Iresso and Torian shine particularly, imo. Both kind, supportive and ready to stay and listen, but also sensible and resilient to whatever may happen. I tend to feel myself as similar to them, given my personal story. Thus likely the reason I enjoyed them the most as Male Romances.

Male ones I disliked, well... Andronikos as SI was kind of bad guy, bad girl to me. Not my kind of story, but not a bad one either.

However, Quinn as SW shines above all. Damn, I gave you everything and you (SPOILER regarding hte story, don't read if you wish to save the surprise ;))...

...betray me regardless?! :eek:

Say how many times you want that you're sorry, but to me that's just fake teardrops. Once you do something like that, you're done, as far as I'm concerned. :p

Kira is my favourite romance from the game and the only one I really liked.

Dorne is another good one from the Rep side.

Ashara is quite cool on the darkside but I found a lot of the romances quite awckward.

I still appreciate them being included though.

So far, I have experienced the Vector romance and Doc romance, and parts of Andronikus romance... (and, well, Corso Riggs, blergh)

(some minor spoilers regarding the romance, of course)

Hm, they are not bad. Vector is sweet, but I really don't like his face (even without the bug eyes) and the bug thing kind of creeped me out. He also didn't match very well with my agent, her flirting and remarks were simply terrible... I am really sad they made his character like this (the bug thing), if he was simply a diplomat who is thrown in secrecy and imperial agent bussines, I would enjoy it far more. *sigh*

Doc was really a suprise for me. I heard a lot of people complaining about him, but he is great. When I saw his face at first, I thought he was ugly, but he grew on me. Anyway, the best part of this romance is humor. I died laughing almost every conversation I had with him and I really cried (from laughter, mind you, because his way of handling things was simply hilarious) when we got married... He is a perfect match for my knight. I still always use him in fights and I love his remarks.

His change from unfaithful womanizer to dedicated husband was kind of sudden, but it pleased me anyway. It was worth those few dark side points...

Andronikus suprised me too. His face is not something I would like to stare at every day, but damn, that deep voice... And again, he is perfect match for my inquisitor. It's a really different romance from those I had previously and I enjoy it greatly. And I really like that my character is in charge in this relationship and this shows. :D

Corso Riggs... Don't even get me started on this guy. He is the reason why I can't get into playing smuggler, altough I love the story and my character. He IS TERRIBLE. I hate his attitude and the way he treats my smuggler. I can't shake the feeling he is sexist and some of the conversations were simply a torture... My captain is a woman who takes no ****, not some kind of fragile princess who need to have doors opened! Seriously. And losing points for flirting when we aren't even dating... What the hell. I wouldn't mind if the male smuggler lost points for flirting too That would mean Corso is just a prude in general, like you lose points for flirting with Aric Jordan, because he thinks you are being unprofessional... But when male smuggler flirts, Corso even encourages him.

ARRRGH.

And he is the only option... Why.

I would rather kiss a wookie, to quote a certain princess. (which maybe could be arranged, since the next companion is a wookie... never mind.)

He is jealous, annoying and his "chivalry" is sexist and pisses me off.

I haven't met Irreso and Torian yet and Quinn seems kind of boring...

Aric is nice, but I haven't reached the flirting point with him yet, I heard it happens very late in game. Which I appreciate, Corso could take a note.

Doc is definetely my favorite. Most of the dialogue were simply hillarious, especially when he was trying to hit on my JK, but she responded with jokes and didn't really say "yes" or "no". It seemed like that only made Doc try even harder. There were a few times when she wanted to punch him in the face for the things he said, though, like "I'll create a terrible illness and cure it to get famous!", but overall they went along just fine.

Vector is a close second, I liked his personality a lot and felt like he was the only one whom my agent could really trust. The romance itself, however, was a bit awkward, because the agent's flirting seemed too agressive. And then, when she already gave up on him, he suddenly grabbed her and declared that he had cleared his thoughts and realized how much he loved her. Er, okay. At least all the conversations after that point were good.

Corso appeared to be quite a well-written character, but he simply isn't my type. I lost count on how many times I tried to explain to him that I'm not some damsel in disstress waiting for a proper gentleman to save her. But I still found his feelings towards the smuggler rather endearing. I must admit it melted my heart when he said something like "Okay, I know I'm not the only man in your world right now, but I still love you and will be waiting for you no matter what". And there he is, waiting, 'cause my smuggler still isn't into him, but if he wants to wait all his life, I guess, that's his bussiness :D

Quinn was pretty much the same story, I thought his conversations were well-written (and sometimes even more hillarious than JK's with Doc), but his personality was just so... I dunno, feminine? Like, opposite to Corso, he was waiting for my sith warrior to grab him, kiss him and settle things between them once and for all. And that sudden *thing* before Corellia, you know what I'm talking about, completely ruined it for me.

Didn't like Torian much, he seemed plain and boring and didn't really mesh up with my BH. Seeing how many people liked his romance, though, I'm beginning to think that I might have missed something. I'm rolling another bouny hunter right now, and perhaps I will change my opinion on him.

His voice was amazing, by the way, sometimes I dragged him out of the ship simply to hear his combat lines.

Edited by Yria

• 2 years later...
I finally got Andronikos to start talking to me, I got like 5 quests in a row. So, I went from dating to "lets get married" in about 5 minutes -_- Ruined it for me.

Really though, Andronikos is very.... meh. Very unattractive customization kits, too.

And I will totally agree about Talos. He is by far my favorite companion and I wish he was romancable. Once, I asked him if he were flirting with me and he was like "oh no! never!" and I cried a little inside :p I just pretend he's gay.

I just hit 50 with my SI tonight and I'm feeling kind of cheated. She met so many men through out her story and could only flirt with ..... 3. Bleh. That's soooo not how I would roll.

OHHHH look how cute I was back then - having only played one class story I picked Talos LOLOLLOL. little babby.

Now, it's a tie between Theron and Vector. :cool:

OHHHH look how cute I was back then - having only played one class story I picked Talos LOLOLLOL. little babby.

Now, it's a tie between Theron and Vector. :cool:

Lol I know right and I was like "Don't you think it's kind of weird what happens with Quinn? I don't think I like it!" :D

Definitely my LS Agent and Vector!!!! Then my LS Sith Warrior and Vette! Thus far, the ONLY Republic romance I cannot live without is Kira LS Knight. I adore Corso, but I don' t have to play a fem Smuggler. Don't get me wrong the two men I love most are Vector and Aric <3 but I don't have the coin to roll my Cathar Trooper yet. I also LOVE Elara but she isn't as compelling as Kira. She loves the Republic more than her man.

Top three are Andronikos, Aric and Theron.

Andronikos doesn't get much action on the forums, but I have to say he's my favorite. He comes off as just revenge driven at first, but turns out to be pretty intelligent once you start to pull him out of his shell.

Aric on the other hand is an even harder nut to crack. Hell, it isn't until nearly chapter 3 that things get interesting. Still, he's one of the more romantic choices they give you in the game.

Theron is just fun all around to romance. What else is there to say. I'm looking forward to running the xpansions with my Chiss bounty hunter romancing him. :D

Edited by Venn_Dras

I haven't read EVERY reply, but I haven't seen hardly if any shots for Warrior > Jaesa romances.

I'm flabberghasted!

Empire: Jaesa (Warrior)

Republic: I have no idea, my smuggler slept with everything he could.

Vette is also one of my favorites. Also Warrior.