Is there a secret housing project?

Arturioss

In every class story we have a Ship either Issued to us, given to us, or already had one at the start.

I would rather be able to choose other ships and buy them, and customize it than have a little metal box on a rock.

Instead of Player HOUSING, why not be able to buy apartments on Dromund Kass or Coruscant?

In every class story we have a Ship either Issued to us, given to us, or already had one at the start.

I would rather be able to choose other ships and buy them, and customize it than have a little metal box on a rock.

Instead of Player HOUSING, why not be able to buy apartments on Dromund Kass or Coruscant?

Hey! My Bounty Hunter stole hers :p

But that's also where I get the impression the star ships are the houses, as it says as much in the BH storyline.

So...your logic is "A jedi with an apartment on Coruscant" equates "Sith with a TARDIS" .

I'll vocalise your argument. "If we allow people to break character and have housing, then that will lead to extreme foolishness"

Actually, my argument is "I want to have Billie Piper travel across the timeline with me because she is a sexy beast."

I really don't care about player housing. My one job on this forum is to incite foolishness to brighten everyone's day and break the monotony of negativity that pours in day and night.

So sit back, have a cup of tea and bask in the glory that is my Sonic Lightsaber!

*opens pickle jar*

:eek:

ASTOUNDING!

That would make sense and could bring more life to certain cities, especially if you combine it with a cantina or something like a common room. I support that idea :rolleyes:

Being able to customize your ship would be nice as well but it will be more difficult here to add social aspects onto this.

Edited by Arturioss

I'd like to have a secret base on a asteroid for a house. Complete with a hanger for my ship and various NPC droids running around doing tasks. This could also shoe in new companion missions for housing items!

Actually, I support the idea of player housing. I do not live in my ship.

Well I'd use my ship more often than I'd use a House! Actually I probably would not use a house! So may be a few customisation options for Ships would be nice. although i think from the way they have been designed this is not possible.

If Bioware can't raise the quest log from 25 to 35 or 50 quests because doing so will cause server lag and issues for players, then I don't see player housing being implemented any time soon.

I don't care for player housing, I wouldn't partake if offered, but think of the money they could make on the CM. 250 CC for a couch, 175 for a table/lamp combo. 1700 for a wardrobe to keep old gear.

Of course, EA being who they are, virtually nothing would drop in game to decorate your house with. It would all be purchased on the CM.

Hey everyone, there's a new boss in the Heroic 4 on Belsavis who drops an armoire or a really nice Sith lampshade! Let's FARM!

Um... no. There shouldn't be furniture or decorating drops from bosses even should they decide to let us decorate our ships (which I hope they do). When they eventually get to ship decoration, I'm guessing there will be some kind of credit exchange or use of reputation as an additional means to obtain decorations.

As to actual housing - given the nature of the timeline and condition of the planets, player housing just doesn't make sense. Most planets are at war (do you REALLY want an apartment in Corellia under seige, or in the Black Sun district of Coruscant?) and plopping down a house in the middle of a battlefield just doesn't fit in with the story at all.

I hate to be THAT guy, but I'd love something like what they did in SWG. BW could just create new areas separated from the main areas on planets like Alderaan, Tatooine, Voss, Tython, or Korriban and leave them open for players and guilds to purchase land to build their own player-owned towns. You could do so many awesome guild events and whatnot with guild towns.

I hate to be THAT guy, but I'd love something like what they did in SWG. BW could just create new areas separated from the main areas on planets like Alderaan, Tatooine, Voss, Tython, or Korriban and leave them open for players and guilds to purchase land to build their own player-owned towns. You could do so many awesome guild events and whatnot with guild towns.

Dream on, brother. :hope_08:

To go hand in hand with housing or ship customisation they should also add trophys, crafted goods for decorations etc at the same time. No point in having a house if you cant add stuff in it.

Lord of the rings online have instanced housing which are currently pretty basic, in the way that you can only add certain items in certain positions in the house but they see the potential of it and later this year is a large housing improvement update in Lotro.

I don't think anyone will do a SWG level of housing (though wish they did) but something would be nice to call home.

Edited by Ziso

It would be nice if we could get different ship models and/or rearrange the interior layout and items/decorations. To avoid having to do all the cutscenes again they could make it a requirement to finish your class story (probably have to complete the first mission in the Makeb chain too).

But yeah, I don't like the layout of some of the class ships and it would be nice to move things around or choose from alternate ship designs.

As for houses... Can I have my own moon? Or let my Smuggler lay claim to Port Nowhere please. Risha needs a place to plot and scheme.

So my question is, are you feeling the same? It would be interesting to know if the dev team from SW:TOR has something to say about this.

Last I've seen any comment about it, they have no plans for player housing. See other comments in thread re: ship being similar to housing.

Its funny seeing ppl say 'your ship is your house' and 'we dont need houses in game' yet these are the same ppl that will own one if its put in game. housing has been a big part of game and yes, it can be done on this one. BW is just looking for the way to make money off it in the CM. Anything that we want to see will go in the CM so EA/BW can make money on it. We wanted new speeder we got it in the CM. we wanted more crystals we got it in the CM. Come on, just ask for stuff and it will come. "With a Price'

Here's how I see it -

The people opposed to Player Housing are really saying they're not going to spend money on this feature.

The people in support of Player Housing are really saying they would love to spend money on this feature.

Whose opinion do you think will carry more weight with EA/BW? ;)

Once BW/EA figure out how to monetize a Player Housing system, you can bank on it coming to a Cartel Market/Personal Ship/Guild Capital Ship/Housing Planet near you.

If they add player housing I pray they make it its own planet with a way to avoid going there as after SWG, AO and UOs housing I realized something, they were all nothing but big BANKS or show off zones and I could careless. I also don't want to see personal vendors show up all over, the time I must have wasted in UO and SWG stopping at every freaking player vendor was probably more than I played the game, so please keep that madness out of SWTOR.

Here's how I see it -

The people opposed to Player Housing are really saying they're not going to spend money on this feature.

The people in support of Player Housing are really saying they would love to spend money on this feature.

Whose opinion do you think will carry more weight with EA/BW? ;)

Yeah, but Bioware's been down that road before with Cathar. "Oh we'll pay good money to play a new race! We promise! Oh please please please please pleeeeeease!"

And what happened next?

"WHAT? YOU EXPECT ME TO PAY FOR A NEW SPECIES? I SHOULD BE GETTING IT FOR FREE BECAUSE I HAD A SUB AT SOME POINT IN TIME! YOU'RE JUST GREEDY BASTARDS AND I WON'T PAY A SINGLE DAMN CENT TO YOU FASCISTS!"

If Bioware is smart (and we know that they are), they're not putting in any feature without absolute certain that you will pay for it without any doubt. That's why they banking on the Cathar sales as indication for new races. If you want to play as a Torgruta or Mon Calamari or anything, you'll HAVE to buy a Cathar. So my guess is they will continue with ship customization at the cost of CC. Which you WILL buy if you want even one sliver of hope for housing.

Bioware plays to win. Accept it.

Hey! My Bounty Hunter stole hers :p

But that's also where I get the impression the star ships are the houses, as it says as much in the BH storyline.

Actually, the droid said "your home away from home". So where's the home that you're away from? That's the housing we're asking for. :)

What I think would be nice is if they (EAware) gave us the SSSP and added in something like a dockable small spaceport in space that we could live in and customize and gave us different ships to customize both internally and externally.

A guy can dream though right?...

Edited by jscott