Defender Starship Design Change

Xinjadu

This is a suggestion and given how much the developers have on their to do list it will hardly be anyone's priority. I mention this because it drives me a little bit crazy every time.

On the Defender ship - the consular/knight's ship - there are no crew quarters. Most other ships have this and it makes sense that they do. In the Defender there is a lot of oddly wasted space... there is a huge well designed cargo and manufacturing space ... but you have to run upstairs to open your cargo which is stuffed into an odd little room off the main deck that seems to have no function whatsoever.

My suggestion is this - build a wraparound design crew quarters off the main deck (curving to accommodate the shape of the hull), getting rid of that silly captain's cabin room which clearly serves no purpose. Move the captain's cabin into the cargo hold where it belongs (you would not even need to redesign anything as the model is already down there ... it just does nothing). This relatively small change would make all the difference to how logical and usable the ship appears to those inhabiting it.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by Xinjadu

I agree, the lack of crew quarters on the Defender has always struck me as weird. Should we just assume the crew sleeps on the couch in the HoloCom room?

I can see it now, my whole crew passed out on the dejarik table...

The lack of crew quarters bugs me almost as much as the mystery carbonite guy who comes with the BH ship.

Isn't it obvious? Doc sleeps on the Med table, Kira pulls an Atton Rand and sleeps in the cockpit chair, Rusk sleeps on the couch, T7 hangs out in the engine room, and Scourge Doesn't. Sleep. He just watches while you do it.

TBH, Rusk doesn't sleep either. He just waits.

And Kira/Doc sleep in your bed, depending on your gender.

TBH, Rusk doesn't sleep either. He just waits.

And Kira/Doc sleep in your bed, depending on your gender.

My male Jedi didn't pursue a romance, but my Knight is way too polite, so she probably gets the bed, while my Knight takes couch.

Now I'm imagining Rusk and Scourge "waiting" through the night by staring at each other angrily.

shoot i think the sith ship needs a new look. both the BH and IA (which prob has the coolest exterior and interior look ever) ships are way more appealing. the sith ship feels sooo small and bland.

I was starting to think I was the only person who liked the BH ship. I didn't care for the sith ship at all at first, but when I got used to the layout it wasn't so bad.

I was starting to think I was the only person who liked the BH ship. I didn't care for the sith ship at all at first, but when I got used to the layout it wasn't so bad.

I LOVE the BH ship!

The fact that you have to steal it makes it that much better :cool: